Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have An Addiction

And I am not going to do much about it!

Yes, I have a serious addiction to........sports. I can't get enough. It is with me all the time. I used to play lots of it, I watch it, I listen to it, I discuss it, and I plan many of my days around it. I still compete a little, but an arthritic ankle limits my participation in certain sports. I work out several times a week, so in that sense, I stay active. You never know, I may be called up to the big leagues any day.

Today is a typical example. I wake up and turn on the local sports station. I read the paper....sports first. I log on to my favourite NFL team's board.:thumb: Maybe make a comment or two. I know what games I will be watching this evening - in this case, TNF, some Winnipeg Jets preseason, and maybe some Blue Jays action, as they try to secure the best record in the AL. Of course I will watch some sports tv later, which reviews all the key activity for the day. And much of this stuff I have already seen or checked into, on tv or online. I will also sneak in some more Broncos MB stuff here and there.

And I will do the same tomorrow (I am semi retired, so when I work I listen to sports radio when driving). Sunday revolves around The NFL, along with whatever else is happening this time of year. NHL is around the corner, MLB is nearing playoffs, and NBA not far away. Not to mention all the other sports I follow from time to time.

Yes, I do work, I do have other hobbies, and we get out for a brunch or dinner here and there. But sports is an addiction. Don't get me wrong, my family comes first, as do my close friends, but there is some "special" scheduling involved, even when we go on trips.....as in, have seen 3 SBs in distant places while my family roamed about, and have worked vacations around big sporting events. They are understanding.....within reason. I work hard to make things mesh.

Yes, I CanDB have an addiction, and I am not going to do much about it!

Comment

it's more of a compulsion really.

Comment

It is what it is........

(I think I just threw up)

Comment

food and football
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
            it's more of a compulsion really.
            Didn't have the same wow factor in the title....actually I start to shake a little when there's no sports.

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
              food and football
              Good ole f words!!!:thumb:

Comment

I think I have the solution however.......I just need more

cowbells.

Comment

I used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now.
                  I really like Cheese.

Comment

I think it's time to turn your addiction into an occupation.

Originally posted by darth-hideous View Post
                    I'm addicted to gambling, but they said that with therapy and support, I can be cured. I like those odds.

Comment

Originally posted by darth-hideous View Post
                      Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                      I think it's time to turn your addiction into an occupation.

I'm addicted to gambling, but they said that with therapy and support, I can be cured. I like those odds.
                      I see what you did there...........:thumb:

FTR......I'm addicted to love, and yet some call me a hater.

Comment

I'm also addicted to sleeping. When I'm awake I am just filling in time.

Comment

Just one more (for now).....

I am addicted to hockey, but it is in conflict with my addiction to having my own front teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            Just one more (for now).....

I am addicted to hockey, but it is in conflict with my addiction to having my own front teeth.
                            I'm addicted to the Avs and the Broncos! I stay off the ice because I too am unwilling to risk my pearly whites 😎

Comment

Originally posted by SLeeLeeS View Post
                              I'm addicted to the Avs and the Broncos! I stay off the ice because I too am unwilling to risk my pearly whites ��
                              Mind you, crowns can look pretty good.....sometimes prettier than regular teeth. Hey, maybe that's what The LA Kings are talking about......you know, the Crowns.

Comment

Working...
                              X