October's Looking Pretty Good Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October's Looking Pretty Good Too!

Yes I love September. But alas, upon checking the calendar I realized we are well into October. Hmmm, so much for my alertness as a semi-retired person. Seriously though, the early part of October can look and feel a whole lot like September. And that's a very good thing! Here's why:

- The weather can still be mild (up here). For example, this weekend we will be around 24C / 75F, which is just perfect this time of year.....make that almost any time of year.
    - Though leaves are falling, that country drive I often mention is still worth driving, with all those amazing colours, and all the wonderful scents to enjoy.
    - NFL is in full bloom, MLB is playoff bound, and the NHL is about to begin. Hey, that's not even mentioning all the other good sports out there.
    - Looking forward to a nice Thanksgiving with part of our family....canucks celebrate this weekend.
    - Sometimes Halloween closes the month with some refreshing feelings, of memories past, and the energy of today's youth.
    - I know, snow and ice are not too far away....in fact, we've been there in October. But I don't mind early winter.....something very sweet about a gentle snowfall on a calm evening. Perfect walking weather. Crisp and clean, and with new scents in the air.
    - And why not.....thoughts about Christmas, family gatherings, and perhaps a warm vacation in the new year. I also love to plan!

Got any room?

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      Got any room?
      For Thanksgiving, or Christmas, or the winter vaca (or all of the above)? Listen bud, you'd be right up there in the upper level of my list if choosing from this place.:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        For Thanksgiving, or Christmas, or the winter vaca (or all of the above)? Listen bud, you'd be right up there in the upper level of my list if choosing from this place.:thumb:
        Yeah, I get the grass is always greener bit but I do miss real winters now and again.

Comment

My favorite thing about this time of year, is that we're nearing in on the new year when I get a reload on vacation and sick time! And the holidays are right around the corner, my favorite is Thanksgiving!
          sigpic
          Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
          Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
          Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
          Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Working...
          X