Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Today was the first time I sort of thought about benching Peyton! (I'm over it).

Wrong place to debate this one.

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    My "first" was a nightmare

My first kiss was cool

My first date was fun

My first omelet changed my life

My first turkey (that I remember) almost killed me

Being a quad, I don't have many firsts

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    And then there was my first step on the moon......

....wait a sec.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
    Hmm, firsts that come to mind immidiately ....

First friday night football game with first boyfriend ....

First real relationship ....

First car - Camero - hand me down from my brother ....

First concert - Motley Crue's "Dr. Feelgood"- how the years fly ... to be young again ...
    Good to see that we have kept this suitable for a "General" rating so far. No X rated stuff here please.

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    Hmm, firsts that come to mind immidiately ....

First friday night football game with first boyfriend ....

First real relationship ....

First car - Camero - hand me down from my brother ....

First concert - Motley Crue's "Dr. Feelgood"- how the years fly ... to be young again ...

Leave a comment:

• Some Of My Best "Firsts" And Some That Weren't So Good

"Firsts" often make a fairly big impact on our lives. Of course for many of our firsts, we were too young to remember. I'm sure they made a real impact regardless, young child or not.

Some of my "firsts" I would love to revisit. Here are just 10 of them, even though some were insignificant:
    1) My first and only wedding day (My dear wife might be checking in, so this has to be on the top!!!)
    2) (if my wife is no longer close by)......the first time a girl actually wanted to be my gf. I still feel some of that feeling. It was pretty cool, finding out she really liked me!! I was in teenage heaven!
    3) Not a biggee, but way back when my trendy big sis ordered pizza for the first time. I wish I could go back and taste it again. There was something in that pizza that I have never tasted since.
    4) I want to say having our first child, but this is one where I have to say my first "two" children. Both experiences were out of this world!
    5) Here's another small one, but one I'd love to revisit....when my aunt took to me to the corner store for my first milkshake....it was the best!!!
    6) And because of who I am writing to, my first live Broncos game, including the fantastic little vacation we had in Denver and surrounding area. Being part of that scene was just perfect!
    7) My first medal of any sort....lets just say it was for mathematics, and it shaped me. I didn't know I was even close to being smart.
    8) My first real leadership position....room president, grade 8. I was more than surprised when my classmates voted me in that day. I was a good kid, easy to get along with, and not nearly as vocal as I am today. Though this event was small in scale, I felt like I may actually be gifted....though I didn't quite understand why it happened at the time.
    9) My first real sports achievement (beating out several other catchers, becoming a starter on our school baseball team).....realizing that, even though I was smallish, I could achieve things if I worked at them.
    10) (Lets go fun again)....the first time I was part of a cool group of teenagers. Again, not sure how I got into that group, as they were "in" but likeable. It gave me confidence knowing I had something to offer. Again, at the time I did not know what!!!

Conversely, here are a group of firsts that I would like to have back:
    1) My first kiss......needed more practice, practice, practice!
    2) My first beer(s) before the school dance.......I don't know what brand we were drinking, but that beer did not turn me on. Then again, I drank enough to be drunk that night!!
    3) Oh yes, that first cigar. I remember me and my friends sneaking into a shed to smoke cigars. I was not impressed the first time!
    4) The first time a girl made all the right moves on me, and I was too stupid to figure it out. In fact, there were a few of these memories that haunt me to this day. How stupid and shy and lost was I? Oh well, I tried to make up for missed opportunities in my later years.
    5) My first driver's test. Hmmm. Should have had a couple more training sessions.
    6) I'll group a few for purposes of space/medical alignment. My first: dental work, colonoscopy, broken bones (both bones in left leg), bad experience with anaesthetics.
    7) Lets go for lucky 7......my first "F". This was important, because I was determined to never get another one again!

Hope this helps bring back mostly good memories, from your life. Try to have some fun with it. I am sure when I revisit this thread I'll have more and more ideas to share. Again, it's not only about the significance of the event....rather the feeling you had when it happened.
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-16-2015, 09:44 PM.
Working...
X