No announcement yet.

Post a pic of your dog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow... I have a little puppy envy. Griz is super beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
      Wow... I have a little puppy envy. Griz is super beautiful!
      Cool pup name. Got some puppy pics?
      sigpic
      Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Goodbye Jake,

You've been an awesome friend since 2003. You were too much for the other families to handle, so they said we were your last chance. You settled in like you had been here for years the first night in our home.

Your first week with us, you ate your way through the gate only to go lay on the front porch. We knew right then you'd never run away. The only time I actually thought I was going to lose you is when you chased after a rabbit headed right for the freeway. You weren't listening at all, as you hopped from side to side right on his tail....

You are the only reason I drink my coffee black. Such a sweet tooth, any time I walked away when I took it with creamer, I'd come back to an empty mug and you running a hundred miles an hour from room to room hyped up on caffeine. Had to switch to black for your safety, coffee is poisonous to dogs you know. Couldn't leave any sweets around, not even on a hot stove from where you stole all my french toast sticks one morning.

You couldn't stand for a second being left alone with no other dog brothers. You shredded our house for two months strait every time we walked out the door when we lost Dusty, until we brought home baby Bear. You two were the best of friends. He has always been so protective of you. He wouldn't let anyone mess with his buddy Jake, but him. That stood even today, it was so clear he wanted to protect you.

I'm gonna miss you my friend.
        sigpic
        Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

Goodbye Jake,

You've been an awesome friend since 2003. You were too much for the other families to handle, so they said we were your last chance. You settled in like you had been here for years the first night in our home.

Your first week with us, you ate your way through the gate only to go lay on the front porch. We knew right then you'd never run away. The only time I actually thought I was going to lose you is when you chased after a rabbit headed right for the freeway. You weren't listening at all, as you hopped from side to side right on his tail....

You are the only reason I drink my coffee black. Such a sweet tooth, any time I walked away when I took it with creamer, I'd come back to an empty mug and you running a hundred miles an hour from room to room hyped up on caffeine. Had to switch to black for your safety, coffee is poisonous to dogs you know. Couldn't leave any sweets around, not even on a hot stove from where you stole all my french toast sticks one morning.

You couldn't stand for a second being left alone with no other dog brothers. You shredded our house for two months strait every time we walked out the door when we lost Dusty, until we brought home baby Bear. You two were the best of friends. He has always been so protective of you. He wouldn't let anyone mess with his buddy Jake, but him. That stood even today, it was so clear he wanted to protect you.

Sophia, I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you were just the right family for Jake. I'm glad you have some good memories to hold onto.
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            Sophia, I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you were just the right family for Jake. I'm glad you have some good memories to hold onto.
            Thanks, Peanut. Animals are so unique, each one leaves great memories behind. We were a good fit for Jake... and him for us.
            sigpic

Comment

Goodbye Jake,

I'm so sorry, Sophia. What a beautiful dog...their love is timeless, and their memory is eternal.
              To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                I'm so sorry, Sophia. What a beautiful dog...their love is timeless, and their memory is eternal.
                So true. Thank you, Lumiere. I always thought he was beautiful dog.
                sigpic

Comment

Goodbye Jake,

Awww look at that old timer. My lab is about 13 now I'd estimate. I took her for a walk the other day in 95 degree weather but when we were done she got half way up the steps and slid back to the bottom poor gal. Her days are numbered and I've tried to prepare myself. When that day comes I hope I will have come to terms as well as you have. It's never easy, but it's natural at least. The freeway incident would have been tragic. But that didn't happen, and he made it to the finish line it looks like.

He looks like he was a good companion. Your other dog was a gorgeous pup. I hope he doesn't miss Jake too much. Keep you chin up and remember the good times - and remember what a great life you gave him and vice verse.

Man's best Friends. No doubt about it
                  The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                    Awww look at that old timer. My lab is about 13 now I'd estimate. I took her for a walk the other day in 95 degree weather but when we were done she got half way up the steps and slid back to the bottom poor gal. Her days are numbered and I've tried to prepare myself. When that day comes I hope I will have come to terms as well as you have. It's never easy, but it's natural at least. The freeway incident would have been tragic. But that didn't happen, and he made it to the finish line it looks like.

He looks like he was a good companion. Your other dog was a gorgeous pup. I hope he doesn't miss Jake too much. Keep you chin up and remember the good times - and remember what a great life you gave him and vice verse.

Man's best Friends. No doubt about it
                    Labs are so awesome! My first dog was a yellow lab, Dusty. He lived to be 15. We figured Jake to be about 16, because he was a couple years old when we got him. Your poor girl, gotta be careful in that hot weather. I've been lucky with my pets that they haven't gotten sick, and lived such long lives. Not sure how at terms I am with it ... I couldn't make the decision on my own - took my vet telling me it's time. My other buddy is a bit depressed, I'm sure it will take him a while. Great advice, and that's what keeps me smiling about him is the good memories.
                    sigpic

Comment

Goodbye Jake,

So sorry for your loss. Man and Woman's best friend.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                        Looks like a good time to jump in here again.

I mentioned upthread how we had to put our Golden Retriever down last year. We were hoping to get another Golden puppy this spring or summer, but couldn’t get it done for various reasons. My daughters volunteer at the local shelter and were pushing for a rescue. (Personally, I wanted to get a Golden puppy AND a rescue.) By the middle of the summer the kids were starting to really hound us about not getting a dog yet.

And, then… Griz happened.

One evening, right after a teary-eyed vote of no-confidence from the kids, we checked the shelter’s website and spotted a dog that was up for adoption the next day. We didn’t tell the kids, but planned on having them there bright and early to volunteer the next day. The connection and love between us and that dog was immediate and undeniable. We were first on the list and took him home the next day.

The shelter thought he was a 3-4 year old Chocolate Lab / Irish Setter mix. The lab in him was obvious, but our experience with Goldens and some conspicuous traits had us wondering. We had a coupon for a DNA test. Result: 7/8 Lab, 1/8 Golden Retriever.

He’s the sweetest, most mild mannered Lab (or Golden) that I’ve ever been around. It’s so strange to me. This dog spent 3+ years of his life doing SOMETHING and was probably somebody’s pet, but we have next to no idea what exactly that life entailed. He’s SO beautiful and obviously trained, but he sat in that shelter unclaimed for 2 weeks after he was picked up as a “stray”? Weird. What’s his story? What happened to his humans? Why wasn’t this awesome dog sought after and/or found by his owner? We’ll probably never know, but it doesn’t matter. He’s our dog now, and I’m pretty sure he loves us just as much as we love him.

So, here’s Griz, the newest member of the ‘Groan’ family.

---

For some reason, he likes to climb up and lay on things.

---

Some of those conspicuous Golden traits we noticed: feathering on his chest, ears and tail, and a reddish-blonde tinge to his coat.

---

Looking out the window and down the road - waiting for the kids to get home from school.

Great Post

And I can tell just by the pics that you have a great dog there too. Griz haha
                        Looks like he likes to hang his front paws off the edge. I can relate. I like to hang my feetz off the edge of the bed when I sleep too!

Thanks for sharing
                        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Had today off to sleep in, but my dog was not having it:

Woke up to this big boy on top of me right in my grill.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                            Had today off to sleep in, but my dog was not having it:

Woke up to this big boy on top of me right in my grill.
                            So much good going on inside that beautiful head!

:thumb:

Comment

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                              Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post

That's a proud lookin' dog right there!

Comment

Working...
                                X