Hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate

Hate masks personal insecurities. Not all insecure people are haters, but all haters are insecure people. Hate elevates the hater above the hated. Haters cannot stop hating without exposing their personal insecurities. Haters can only stop hating when they face their insecurities.

Haters rarely hate alone. They feel compelled, almost driven, to entreat others to hate as they do. Peer validation bolsters a sense of self-worth and, at the same time, prevents introspection, which reveals personal insecurities. Individuals who are otherwise ineffective become empowered when they join groups, which also provide anonymity and diminished accountability.

Hate, by its nature, changes incrementally. Time cools the fire of hate, thus forcing the hater to look inward. To avoid introspection, haters use ever-increasing degrees of rhetoric and violence to maintain high levels of agitation.

The ultimate goal of haters is to destroy the object of their hate. Mastery over life and death of ones image imbues the hater with godlike power and omnipotence, which, in turn, facilitate further acts of aggression. With this power comes a great sense of self-worth and value, the very qualities haters lack. However, in reality, hate physically and psychologically destroys both the hater and the hated.
    fumpa.mybrute.com

Good lift from psychologytoday.com from 5 yrs ago. Dr Schafer (the author of the article) is a retired FBI Behavioral Analyst; he has skin in the game. If actions/words cannot be categorized and catalogued, behavioral analysts have no foundation to build on.

Try this: hate is the opposite of love. In order to know what love is, you must have something with which to compare it. Comparing it to itself is a circular argument. It is necessary that man has and knows hate, in order to fully and comprehensively grasp the true meaning of love.
    --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
      Good lift from psychologytoday.com from 5 yrs ago. Dr Schafer (the author of the article) is a retired FBI Behavioral Analyst; he has skin in the game. If actions/words cannot be categorized and catalogued, behavioral analysts have no foundation to build on.

Try this: hate is the opposite of love. In order to know what love is, you must have something with which to compare it. Comparing it to itself is a circular argument. It is necessary that man has and knows hate, in order to fully and comprehensively grasp the true meaning of love.
      lol not trying to play man on the mountain here, bud. And, yes, it is a good lift. Is that bad? And does that somehow make it irrelevant?

Defining the nature of a thing without comparison a categorical impossibility? I'm interested to hear that argument.

Defining a thing isn't a comparison, let alone self-comparison.
      fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

I hate you
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
          I hate you
          no I hate you more...............
          sigpic

Comment

P.S. i think your rationale is similar to St Augustine's
            fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post

Sorry gramps, wasn't trying to be snarky or anything. Just trying to open a dialogue.

The reason it is so easy for people to scrutinize or otherwise undermine applied behavioral analysis is that it is so wide spread in practice and in relevance that it becomes easy to sound self serving or condescending.

I'm curious, though, of how you would describe love as it pertains to hate?
              fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

Hatred is not wrong, it's natural. It's only wrong when it causes us to stop doing the right thing. We all hate some things, the key is to stop it from consuming us
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                  Hatred is not wrong, it's natural. It's only wrong when it causes us to stop doing the right thing. We all hate some things, the key is to stop it from consuming us
                  Having feelings certainly isn't wrong. I think hatred probably is though... (in my opinion)

When empathy, grace, and control are argumentatively more viable - more fruitful - substitutes, can something then be considered to be right or wrong?

When emotions prevent us from learning, can a thing at least be said to be right or wrong for the affected party?
                  fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                    I hate liver and onions to no end.
                    To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                      I hate liver and onions to no end.
                      I understand.

...and how does that make u feel?

*clicks pen*
                      fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

Originally posted by LoserSlick View Post
                        I understand.

...and how does that make u feel?

*clicks pen*
                        Happy I guess. I've learned to embrace the hate, and lead a richer and fuller life.
                        To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Sorry gramps, wasn't trying to be snarky or anything. Just trying to open a dialogue.

The reason it is so easy for people to scrutinize or otherwise undermine applied behavioral analysis is that it is so wide spread in practice and in relevance that it becomes easy to sound self serving or condescending.

I'm curious, though, of how you would describe love as it pertains to hate?
                          The opposite of hate; it really is that simple. HUMCALC has put it quite plainly and easily understandable: "Hatred is not wrong, it's natural. It's only wrong when it causes us to stop doing the right thing. We all hate some things, the key is to stop it from consuming us" The emotion is the result of outside influence; it only becomes a problem when the emotion begins controlling our reactions to those influences.

Having feelings certainly isn't wrong. I think hatred probably is though... (in my opinion)

When empathy, grace, and control are argumentatively more viable - more fruitful - substitutes, can something then be considered to be right or wrong?

When emotions prevent us from learning, can a thing at least be said to be right or wrong for the affected party?
                          You can't have it both ways. Having feelings can't be not wrong, and then single out one and say it probably is. Again, the problem arises when the feelings quit being the result of an influence, and start controlling how we respond to the influence. The feeling isn't bad; what we do as a result of that feeling may/may not be bad.

Remember George Carlin's bit on "bad words"? The same applies to human emotions. George proposed that there are no "bad words," just words that can be USED to do bad things. That doesn't make the word bad, it makes the person using it bad. Words are neutral. So are emotions. Just because someone does something bad because of an emotion doesn't make the emotion bad, just the person who lets the emotion control his/her actions. It's all part of the "it's not my fault" and "the devil made me do it" ducking of individual responsibility and accountability for one's actions. If we can blame it on emotions (or anything or anyone else), we don't have to suffer the consequences of what we said/did. It's escapism on a grand scale. I've always maintained that's it's a key factor in why we have "not guilty by reason of insanity" instead of "guilty but insane." In the first one, we absolve the person of ever having committed the crime ... no one did it (not guilty), the crime never happened; in the second one, we admit that a crime WAS committed, the defendant did commit the crime, but cite causation beyond the individual's control.

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                          Happy I guess. I've learned to embrace the hate, and lead a richer and fuller life.
                          Sans liver and onions, right?
                          Last edited by Grandpa; 02-21-2016, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Not to derail the thread or anything, but liver and onions are good. I hate anyone who disagrees!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                              Not to derail the thread or anything, but liver and onions are good. I hate anyone who disagrees!!
                              Agree .... as long as we're not talking chicken livers and onions. Some things just don't go together. :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                              X