Hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    Not to derail the thread or anything, but liver and onions are good. I hate anyone who disagrees!!
    Them's fightin' words!
    To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
      Them's fightin' words!
      No hitting below the belt (it could damage the liver).
      --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
        The opposite of hate; it really is that simple. HUMCALC has put it quite plainly and easily understandable: "Hatred is not wrong, it's natural. It's only wrong when it causes us to stop doing the right thing. We all hate some things, the key is to stop it from consuming us" The emotion is the result of outside influence; it only becomes a problem when the emotion begins controlling our reactions to those influences.

You can't have it both ways. Having feelings can't be not wrong, and then single out one and say it probably is. Again, the problem arises when the feelings quit being the result of an influence, and start controlling how we respond to the influence. The feeling isn't bad; what we do as a result of that feeling may/may not be bad.
        What I said: "having feelings isn't wrong."

What I didn't say: "I think feeling hatred probably is though."

If a destructive and irrational feeling causes you internal pain, it is neither right nor wrong so long as we at least maintain our current level of externally observable goodness? I think the lines between sensory fight or flight and adrenaline are becoming blurred with actual "hate." Perhaps we should define the term?

As well, I would argue you cannot have both relativism and principle in an argument. First, what is principle? Is principle something that applies only to our relationship to this world and not to ones self? Does consciousness separate us? If not, then what is the difference between one person's thought adversely affecting that person as opposed to someone else?

Can hate even exist if it's "only natural?"
        fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
          No hitting below the belt (it could damage the liver).
          Wait, isn't the liver above the belt? Ugh...sorry, this thread of hatred couldn't be any more derailed.

I'll just show myself out

Comment

Originally posted by LoserSlick View Post
            What I said: "having feelings isn't wrong."

What I didn't say: "I think feeling hatred probably is though."
            What you said was: "I think hatred probably is though... (in my opinion)". So, having emotions isn't wrong (we both agree you said that), but hatred (which IS an emotion) probably is, in your opinion. That's what I meant by "you can't have it both ways." If having emotions isn't wrong, then hatred (which is an emotion) can't be wrong, either. If it's a matter of experiencing an emotion makes it wrong, then they're all wrong or none of them are.

If a destructive and irrational feeling causes you internal pain, it is neither right nor wrong so long as we at least maintain our current level of externally observable goodness? I think the lines between sensory fight or flight and adrenaline are becoming blurred with actual "hate." Perhaps we should define the term?
            If we're going to delve into existentialism, there can be no "externally observable" anything. Existentialism, by definition, "emphasizes the existence of the individual person as a free and responsible agent." It can't be external, it MUST be internal. And sensory fight-or-flight is the result of predisposed action fueled by adrenaline; let's separate the results (sensory fight-or-flight, and actions resulting from feelings) from the fuel (adrenaline, and the feelings themselves). Fight-or-flight, and actions resultant from feelings, are the logical, predictable outcomes, not the causes. And existentialism teaches us that, by our free will, we CHOOSE to respond in certain ways to certain catalysts, indicating that we can also choose to NOT respond in those pre-defined ways, barring mental impairments that prevent us from making sound decisions.

Can hate even exist if it's "only natural?"
            Certainly. What would prevent it? I would go so far to say that it being "only natural" MANDATES its existence.

EDIT
            lol not trying to play man on the mountain here, bud. And, yes, it is a good lift. Is that bad? And does that somehow make it irrelevant?
            Not at all. Just pointing out that it's 5 years old; a lot has changed in psychology and psychiatry in that five years.
            Last edited by Grandpa; 02-22-2016, 06:30 AM.

Comment

I hate liver....... it is yucky....

Onions rule though .
              sigpic

Comment

I hate losing, so the SB was all love! I also hate badly cooked liver and onions.

Comment

Not to derail the thread or anything, but liver and onions are good. I hate anyone who disagrees!!
                  I hate people who hate people for having different opinions on what and what not to hate.

I'm impartial to chicken livers, but I hate that red thing chickens have on top of their heads. Who do they think they are?

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                    I hate people who hate people for having different opinions on what and what not to hate.

I'm impartial to chicken livers, but I hate that red thing chickens have on top of their heads. Who do they think they are?
                    A comb is a fleshy growth or crest on the top of the head of gallinaceous birds, such as turkeys, pheasants, and domestic chickens. Its alternative name cockscomb (spelling variations abound) is because combs are generally larger on males than on females (a male gallinaceous bird is called a). There can be several fleshy protuberances on the heads and throats of gallinaceous birds, i.e. comb, wattle, ear lobes and nodules, which collectively are called caruncles, however, in turkeys caruncle refers specifically to the fleshy nodules on the head and throat.

Chicken combs are most commonly red (but may be black or dark purple in breeds such as Silkies or Sebrights), but in other species the color may vary from light grey to deep blue or red; turkey combs can vary in color from bright red to blue.

The comb may be a reliable indicator of health or vigor and is used for mate-assessment in some poultry species

Comb shape varies considerably depending on the breed or species of bird. The "comb" most often refers to chickens in which the most common shape is the "single comb" of a rooster from breeds such as the Leghorn. Other common comb types are the "rose comb" (e.g. the Rosecomb) or "pea comb" (e.g. the Brahma or the Araucana). Other distinctive shapes have been selectively bred for, such as the "buttercup comb" of the Sicilian Buttercup, "V combs" (popularly called 'devil horn') in the Houdan and other breeds, the "cushion comb" of the Chantecler, and "walnut comb" of Malay game.

Combs are used in cookery, often in combination with wattles or chicken kidneys.

Combs were formerly used in French cuisine as garnishes. They were also used to prepare salpicons served in vol-au-vents, profiteroles, etc. in which they were often combined with other luxury ingredients such as truffles, sweetbreads, or morels in a cream sauce.

In Italian cuisine, combs are an important ingredient in the famous sauce called Cibreo, which also includes chicken livers, wattles, and unlaid eggs. It is used as a sauce for tagliatelle and in the molded potato-ricotta ring Cimabella con cibreo.

Combs are prepared by parboiling and skinning, then cooking in court-bouillon. After preparation, they are greyish.

Rooster combs are often served in Chinese dim sum style dishes.

THE MORE YOU KNOW......

sigpic

Comment

I hate comb experts. Seems like everyday I run into them!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        Just had another brush with one of them

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post

Onions rule though .
                          Along with sautéed mushrooms ....

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            LOL, don't brush off the chance at learning!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post

Onions rule though .
                              The best liver I ever had was at a nice restaurant, ordered by my wife. She goes, "mmm, this is yummy...want to try some?"

Apprehensive (knowing my sordid history with liver), I'm like, "umm...ok."

A rich and hearty explosion of bile and iron fills my mouth...

"Yeah, no."

And I get back to my delicious lemon pepper chicken.

Comment

I hate people who derail threads for food. Especially when I'm hungry.
                                Last edited by FL BRONCO; 02-22-2016, 03:50 PM.
                                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                                X