Is Coffee Over Rated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    You have hit on many of my favs.......café, cakes, desserts, coffee (sure, throw in cocktail!).
    We must meet up for a coffee mid-ocean mid-afternoon one of these days!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
      We must meet up for a coffee mid-ocean mid-afternoon one of these days!
      I'll be sure to book us a table. What do you think of meeting in The Azores? Maybe next week sometime, in the mid-afternoon as you suggest? Haven't been there, but it is sort of mid ocean for us....and I have a feeling they will serve some nice java, and perhaps a tasty dessert as well. But I may need to be done by late afternoon, to get home in time to walk the dog.

Last edited by CanDB; 11-30-2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Right now I'm working 60-70 hours a week , 6 days a week overnight and usually have a Starbucks iced coffee from the gas station. Helps me stay awake the whole shift.

If it's freshly brewed i like dark roast and only drink it black. Too much coffee makes me shaky.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
          Right now I'm working 60-70 hours a week , 6 days a week overnight and usually have a Starbucks iced coffee from the gas station. Helps me stay awake the whole shift.

If it's freshly brewed i like dark roast and only drink it black. Too much coffee makes me shaky.
          I wonder if us shaky folks are dryer......

Comment

I'll be sure to book us a table. What do think of meeting in The Azores? Maybe next week sometime, in the mid-afternoon as you suggest? Haven't been there, but it is sort of mid ocean for us....and I have a feeling they will serve some nice java, and perhaps a tasty dessert as well. But I may need to be done by late afternoon, to get home in time to walk the dog.

Perfect!
            Some sunshine with my coffee should be good medicine for the rheumatism in my flippers brought on by the persistent damp cold of my beloved Wales!

Shall I bring some Welshcakes and Bara Brith?

Comment

Perfect!
              Some sunshine with my coffee should be good medicine for the rheumatism in my flippers brought on by the persistent damp cold of my beloved Wales!

Shall I bring some Welshcakes and Bara Brith
              ?
              Jawsie.....are those friends of yours?

Never heard of them....but you could bring these if you have room:

(as for me, how about something with maple syrup and maybe a nice shot of canuck whisky?)

Comment

I'll be sure to book us a table. What do think of meeting in The Azores?
                <raises hand>

This is just a suggestion, but I recommend Bermuda instead! Why? 1) Owned by the UK (Azores is Portugal) 2) nicer weather 3) geologically stable. The Azores are actively volcanic because they are at the junction of three crustal plates! Do you really want your drinks spilling into your laps because of all that rumbling and quaking!? C'mon!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                  <raises hand>

This is just a suggestion, but I recommend Bermuda instead! Why? 1) Owned by the UK (Azores is Portugal) 2) nicer weather 3) geologically stable. The Azores are actively volcanic because they are at the junction of three crustal plates! Do you really want your drinks spilling into your laps because of all that rumbling and quaking!? C'mon!
                  I'm fine with Bermuda....although I have to admit, it was fun locating some Islands in the Atlantic located where they are. And you know, a little rock and roll won't scare Jawsie and I...but you make a good point. Dang it, I already got my ticket to The Azores, and I reserved us a table at one of their finest cafes!!:doh:

Comment

I'm fine with Bermuda....although I have to admit, it was fun locating some Islands in the Atlantic located where they are. And you know, a little rock and roll won't scare Jawsie and I...but you make a good point. Dang it, I already got my ticket to The Azores, and I reserved us a table at one of their finest cafes!!:doh:
                    Shoot, well... there's no reason you can't do both, right?

Bermuda is sub tropical with palm trees, lovely white-sand beaches, and crystal blue waters. Should be around 23° C now and is often sunny --I thought that might be a nice switch from Welsh or Canadian weather for you. And unless I'm mistaken, I don't think either of you need to hassle with passports? Or with learning Portuguese?

Comment

Bermuda is sub tropical with palm trees, lovely white-sand beaches, and crystal blue waters. Should be around 23° C now and is often sunny --I thought that might be a nice switch from Welsh or Canadian weather for you. And unless I'm mistaken, I don't think either of you need to hassle with passports? Or with learning Portuguese?
                      Thx pal.....I guess I'll leave it up to Jawsie. And heck, an extra trip to The Aazores might be good for me.

However The Azores do look kinda pretty!!

Comment

Jawsie.....are those friends of yours?

Never heard of them....but you could bring these if you have room:

(as for me, how about something with maple syrup and maybe a nice shot of canuck whisky?)
                        Ooh yes please.
                        It's always a good idea to bring something to feed a Shark

Comment

We won't have any trouble with language as the language of coffee is universal

The island does sound quite lovely though but I'm worried CanDB would take a shine to Bermuda Shorts and rush home in them to walk the dog and his bare legs would freeze in the Canadian cold.

P.S do Sharks mysteriously disappear in the Triangle or is it just Ships or Aircraft that are at risk?

Comment

However The Azores do look kinda pretty!!
                            They are! And achaeologically interesting offshore on the Azores Plateau, one of the classical locations for Atlantis! Not sure if they serve premium coffee or lattes on the sub though.

Comment

P.S do Sharks mysteriously disappear in the Triangle or is it just Ships or Aircraft that are at risk?
                              Bermuda is the apex of that triangle so you're good so long as you don't get down in the middle of it!

But you know...I think I lot of folks disappear because of sharks --especially on the shallow Grand Bahama Bank! My word but that is infested! You'd be right at home!

Comment

We won't have any trouble with language as the language of coffee is universal

The island does sound quite lovely though but I'm worried CanDB would take a shine to Bermuda Shorts and rush home in them to walk the dog and his bare legs would freeze in the Canadian cold.

So let me repeat what is apparently going on.....I am going to "The Triangle", with a shark.

Jawsie....we're going to The Azores!!

Comment

Working...
                                X