Is Coffee Over Rated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything is overrated
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
      Everything is overrated
      Well, you can't have a nice cup of everything in the morning so I'll stick with coffee.

But if you could have everything, what would you use to make it? A Bass-O-Matic?

Comment

• Coffee is soooooo under rated!!!!

Comment

• Coffee is rated 5.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            So let me repeat what is apparently going on.....I am going to "The Triangle", with a shark.

Jawsie....we're going to The Azores!!

See ya soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post

See ya soon!
              Jawsie....I'm feelin the urge to travel, given how cold it's been. Can we meet in The Azores for coffee and pastry this week. An hour or two, and back on the plane....must be home for late night dog walk.

Comment

Jawsie....I'm feelin the urge to travel, given how cold it's been. Can we meet in The Azores for coffee and pastry this week. An hour or two, and back on the plane....must be home for late night dog walk.
                Wednesday is good for me!
                How about an Espresso Martini too?

Comment

The Azores?
                  That place is a hole.

Was that too soon?
                  Infract me at will

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                    The Azores?
                    That place is a hole.

Was that too soon?
                    Infract me at will
                    You been there???? If so, tell us about it. You do know we just discovered it, as an Island somewhere between Canada and Wales. Some nice pics of it on previous page. (Also...we may not be totally serious...or are we?!?!)

Comment

• Splitting headache and sinus cold. Brewed up some Peet's Luminosa. Instant better. :thumb:

Ahhhh, coffee...is there anything it can't do?
                      To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• Originally posted by lumiere View Post
                        splitting headache and sinus cold. Brewed up some peet's luminosa. Instant better. :thumb:

Ahhhh, coffee...is there anything it can't do?
                        never over rated!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

NO

Pretty flexible eh? Truth is, I am almost addicted.....for sure in the morning! Something about the taste and the smell, just makes me feel like a good day is ahead. And for me, nothing complements a good breakfast better, even just toast.....definitely most desserts. And I sometimes wonder if the world would be a lot less productive if coffee was not available every am. Some folks can't get out of first gear without a hit.....I think I fit the need for a hit!!!

I love dark roast. At home I alter my selection.....sometimes Seattle's Best, Starbucks, Tim Horton's. And when we go out, there are a number of restaurants that make coffee really good. Rich and dark, full bodied, with a wonderful aroma. And coffee is such a great drink when gathering with the "pals". Next week we renew our sessions, now that all the boys are back from winter getaways, and Canadian weather starts to warm up a little. Already craving that apple fritter that I will consume.....not your best breakfast, I know!

Coffee also brings back great memories....like when we used to watch folk music at coffee shops. That's a long time ago. I used to like the reference, the "think drink". There was a cool vibe back in the day, going to university, watching the world change, listening to the music. Yes, there was a whole lot of cool back then.

But there are good options. Tea is popular, and some love hot chocolate. Those drinks are fine to me. In fact, it's time I tried tea again. Used to love it when I was young.

Last note, I always read medical reports that I concur with. And even coffee, in moderation, has some real upside. That message, along with the multiple tangible/intangibles that make me love it, all add to the enjoyment.

Time for a nice sip of a perfectly brewed pot!:thumb:
                          As I sit in my swanky little timber local, drinking a perfect coffee nudge. Getting ready to kick some ass... I read thread title, hurriedly hit reply to go, "Noooooooooo!!!!!!!"

But can did the work for me immediately. My world makes sense today.

Comment

• Throw a slice of unsalted butter in it... helps slow-release the caffeine, improves its taste, makes you feel full, AND helps prevent the crash. <3
                            Last edited by Joshua2585; 01-30-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                              As I sit in my swanky little timber local, drinking a perfect coffee nudge. Getting ready to kick some ass... I read thread title, hurriedly hit reply to go, "Noooooooooo!!!!!!!"

But can did the work for me immediately. My world makes sense today.
                              My pleasure!:thumb:

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                              Throw a slice of unsalted butter in it... helps slow-release the caffeine, improves its taste, makes you feel full, AND helps prevent the crash. <3
                              Never heard this before.....I'll give it a shot when my wife isn't watching. Have to watch the ole cholesterol now and again.:doh:

Back to my position of strength>>>>>

Comment

• It's becoming quite popular in the states. All the hippies in Denver are big on grass-fed, unsalted, GMO free... yada yada yada. I throw some crappy salted stuff from work in mine. Seems to work as well:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sallytamark...r7W#.vdZraLlb6

Comment

Working...
                                X