Is Coffee Over Rated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    Totally getting my "Canadian" on! Forecast calls for another one to two feet of snow up here on Friday and Saturday. Wish we could stay and get snowed in...but, it's back to reality.

Thanks, bud! Get you and your Mrs. down here to Cali! There's mountains of snow and great coffee waiting for ya!
    And lets not forget the wine!! I have Yountville in my head, and though it is not that big a deal, we had a perfect stop there!

Oh wait, did I mention San Fran? Or San Diego? Or LA? Or Palm Springs? Or, The Ocean or The Bay or the mountains or ______________________________________________

Gotta get back soon!

Oh wait, time for a (staying on topic) nice dark roasted coffee!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      And lets not forget the wine!! I have Yountville in my head, and though it is not that big a deal, we had a perfect stop there!

Oh wait, did I mention San Fran? Or San Diego? Or LA? Or Palm Springs? Or, The Ocean or The Bay or the mountains or ______________________________________________

Gotta get back soon!

Oh wait, time for a (staying on topic) nice dark roasted coffee!!!

Ah, the 'ol Garfunkel blend! :thumb:

There certainly are some beautiful places in this state, buddy. Swing by Napa for some world class vineyards…and bring your tasty beverage to Big Sur for some scenery. The Sierra Nevada is the crown jewel in California, in my opinion. I could spend forever in those mountains…they don’t look, sound, or smell, like any place I’ve ever been to on this earth; it’s like they were forged from different atoms or something. A perfectly beautiful stop to sit in a rocking chair with an espresso, and completely disconnect from the outside world.

That’s some Nirvana roast – coffee and ~

“Silence - Here I am - Here I am – Silent.”
      To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Ah, the 'ol Garfunkel blend! :thumb:

There certainly are some beautiful places in this state, buddy. Swing by Napa for some world class vineyards…and bring your tasty beverage to Big Sur for some scenery. The Sierra Nevada is the crown jewel in California, in my opinion. I could spend forever in those mountains…they don’t look, sound, or smell, like any place I’ve ever been to on this earth; it’s like they were forged from different atoms or something. A perfectly beautiful stop to sit in a rocking chair with an espresso, and completely disconnect from the outside world.

That’s some Nirvana roast – coffee and ~

“Silence - Here I am - Here I am – Silent.”
        You paint a beautiful picture my friend. Next time we go to California I will make sure we take a visit.

Comment

• Had the pleasure of enjoying the delicious flavour of coffee in Costa Rica. It was a pleasure (as was the vaca).

Pura Vida!!!:thumb:

Comment

Had the pleasure of enjoying the delicious flavour of coffee in Costa Rica. It was a pleasure (as was the vaca).

Mmmm coffee on vacation ..... I'm ready for both.
            sigpic
            Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• No, coffee is not overrated.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                Mmmm coffee on vacation ..... I'm ready for both.
                You deserve it pal!

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                No, coffee is not overrated.
                Sam......you do know that you could be the #1 thread stopper on the planet if you put your mind to it! *as I deviously add another post to the thread

(time for a nice afternoon brew)

Comment

Sam......you do know that you could be the #1 thread stopper on the planet if you put your mind to it! *as I deviously add another post to the thread

(time for a nice afternoon brew)
                  In that sense, we are complimentary.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    In that sense, we are complimentary.
                    Whoa pal, you just served me!!! (And I don't mean coffee!!)

:thumb:

Hey.....this thread has new life. THX!!!

Comment

Had the pleasure of enjoying the delicious flavour of coffee in Costa Rica. It was a pleasure (as was the vaca).

Welcome back, bud! Vacation coffee is the best coffee...especially when you're so close to where it's grown. Someday, I'd love to see Costa Rica!

Me, I've got a mug-o-joe, sitting in a 50's diner, looking at the rain (not Costa Rica, but still timeless ). Today's Sunday, right?

Comment

Welcome back, bud! Vacation coffee is the best coffee...especially when you're so close to where it's grown. Someday, I'd love to see Costa Rica!

Me, I've got a mug-o-joe, sitting in a 50's diner, looking at the rain (not Costa Rica, but still timeless ). Today's Sunday, right?
                        Hey buddy! Costa Rica, the parts we saw and heard about, is amazing! I'll tell you more when I get some time. But just some hi-lites:
                        - Not sure a cloud ever crossed the sun in the 12 days we were there (it is dry season), and if you like some heat, it was typically low to mid 30s Celsius, or around 90 F and change every day.
                        - Very few bugs
                        - Excellent resort
                        - Nice people
                        - Interesting sights (lots of volcanic potential, so much so it is used for energy....BTW, very eco friendly place)
                        - This country is peaceful, has good education and healthcare (although taxes might be an issue)

We took a one day tour to Nicaragua as well.....which was good. Border crossing was quite interesting!!

But let me remain on topic.....their coffee taste a wee bit different, but was excellent as well!

Hey bud, still raining in Cali??? But I do love the thought of being in an old style diner. That is so cool!!

Comment

Hey buddy! Costa Rica, the parts we saw and heard about, is amazing! I'll tell you more when I get some time. But just some hi-lites:
                          - Not sure a cloud ever crossed the sun in the 12 days we were there (it is dry season), and if you like some heat, it was typically low to mid 30s Celsius, or around 90 F and change every day.
                          - Very few bugs
                          - Excellent resort
                          - Nice people
                          - Interesting sights (lots of volcanic potential, so much so it is used for energy....BTW, very eco friendly place)
                          - This country is peaceful, has good education and healthcare (although taxes might be an issue)

We took a one day tour to Nicaragua as well.....which was good. Border crossing was quite interesting!!

But let me remain on topic.....their coffee taste a wee bit different, but was excellent as well!

Hey bud, still raining in Cali??? But I do love the thought of being in an old style diner. That is so cool!!

Wow! What a magical place. I'd love to hear more when you have the time.

We had a bit of rain today, but we're starting to dry out. I think our one in twenty years winter is running out of steam!

Comment

• I don't get the appeal. My family doesn't drink it and my mom & I have never had it
                            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Wow! What a magical place. I'd love to hear more when you have the time.

We had a bit of rain today, but we're starting to dry out. I think our one in twenty years winter is running out of steam!
                              Gman.....I'll pm you sometime later. I don't want to get "roasted" for going off topic. "Bean" there, done that!

Glad your rainy days are about to end, although I know you enjoyed the variable conditions for a change. But wow, it appears some places in Cali got tons of snow of late!! Probably high altitude right?

But it is tough getting up of late, with no big buffet awaiting us......no hot weather.....no wonderful sights. BTW, we are getting some blustery rain/snow today and overnight, and luckily we are missing the worst of this storm, which is moving up by us and to the north. Some places may get over 50 cms of snow, or close to 2 feet!!! Yikes, that could have been us!!!

Comment

Gman.....I'll pm you sometime later. I don't want to get "roasted" for going off topic. "Bean" there, done that!

Glad your rainy days are about to end, although I know you enjoyed the variable conditions for a change. But wow, it appears some places in Cali got tons of snow of late!! Probably high altitude right?

But it is tough getting up of late, with no big buffet awaiting us......no hot weather.....no wonderful sights. BTW, we are getting some blustery rain/snow today and overnight, and luckily we are missing the worst of this storm, which is moving up by us and to the north. Some places may get over 50 cms of snow, or close to 2 feet!!! Yikes, that could have been us!!!
                                Ok, bud! I shall await this robust tale!

After spoiling ourselves while on vacation, the harshness of home always seems to take a few days to really set in. Just start brewing the next getaway! :thumb:

Glad you guys mostly dodged a wet one up there. You've probably had your fill of snow and cold for one season, and the page is ready to be turned toward spring. Here, Cali needs to dry out...she's all wrinkled and pruny from being in the bath too long.

Comment

Working...
                                X