College Traditions in the NFL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Traditions in the NFL.

(If this is in the wrong section, please move it.)

How nice would it be for college traditions, like Alabama's Rammer Jammer, to be in the NFL?

I know it may never happen, but I'm wondering what if it does.

I'm watching the 2015 AFC Championship at the making of this thread, and Phil Simms said that the crowd in Mile High was "About as close, to a college atmosphere you can get, with a pro football game."

What do you think? Should we start doing some college traditions or not?

Well starters Rammer Jammer is about as unclassy low sportsmanship of a tradition as anything I have ever seen associated with sports.

So on that aspect I would prefer Mile high never do anything like that.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Well starters Rammer Jammer is about as unclassy low sportsmanship of a tradition as anything I have ever seen associated with sports.

I never singled out Rammer Jammer as a possible chant for us. That was more of an example.

Comment

Not familiar with the "Rammer Jammer", so what makes it unclassy with low sportsmanship?

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
          Not familiar with the "Rammer Jammer", so what makes it unclassy with low sportsmanship?
          http://gridironnow.com/alabamas-ramm...oul-tradition/
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

After every win regardless of the score the band plays and all the fans chant

"Hey Team X
            Hey Team X
            We just beat the hell out of you!
            Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer
            Give em hell alabama"

I know that may not seem like much to a lot of you and I'll admit I'm an Auburn fan so naturally I'll probably hate it more. However I think it's extremely low sportsmanship to chant at any team or their fans that you just beat the hell out of them.

It's also extremely retarded because like I said they'll play it after a 1 point win on a last second FG.
            sigpic

Comment

After every win regardless of the score the band plays and all the fans chant

"Hey Team X
              Hey Team X
              We just beat the hell out of you!
              Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer
              Give em hell alabama"

I know that may not seem like much to a lot of you and I'll admit I'm an Auburn fan so naturally I'll probably hate it more. However I think it's extremely low sportsmanship to chant at any team or their fans that you just beat the hell out of them.

It's also extremely retarded because like I said they'll play it after a 1 point win on a last second FG.
              Well, since you're an Auburn fan I can see how that'd really bother you. I also do not like Alabama, but the chant in general doesn't really make me feel one way or another. However, I can relate to hating another team's chant. Nothing bothers me more than KU fans thinking that "Rock Chalk Jayhawk" is some top notch chant they have going on there.

Comment

Well, since you're an Auburn fan I can see how that'd really bother you. It doesn't really bother me, but I also am not a fan of Alabama. But, I can relate to hating a rival's tradition. Nothing bothers me more than KU fans thinking that "Rock Chalk Jayhawk" is some top notch chant they have going on there.
                I just personally don't think it's ever appropriate to teach our children to tell their opponent they just beat the hell out of them. Especially if the game wasn't even a blowout.

Now me trash talking a buddy? Sure. But Rammer Jammer is an open public ally spoken chant that I just think teaches kids the wrong way to act.
                sigpic

Comment

I think the rammer jammer thing is pretty lame (then of course, I'm an LSU fan so go figure). I think our

chant is cool and as "college football" as I care to see us go
                  "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                  PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                  LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

The crowd would throw tortillas at the the opposing bench at kickoff during my first year at Texas Tech in Lubbock.

During UT Austin week we'd have State troopers at the game because our crowd would get destructive. They'd ripoff the bleachers and throw it at the opposing bench.

Comment

We could license a college term like "12th man" from Texas A&M and start using that...

Denver already does a college tradition with "IN-COM-PLETE" after every opposition incomplete pass, and I wish the Broncos would get rid of that ridiculous tradition. So I'd prefer they get rid of their college traditions rather than adding anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                        We could license a college term like "12th man" from Texas A&M and start using that...

Denver already does a college tradition with "IN-COM-PLETE" after every opposition incomplete pass, and I wish the Broncos would get rid of that ridiculous tradition. So I'd prefer they get rid of their college traditions rather than adding anymore.
                        The Seahawks already instilled the 12th man.

Comment

Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
                          The Seahawks already instilled the 12th man.
                          I know, I was taking a shot at them because they pay Texas A&M a licensing fee every year in order to use the term.

Comment

WHAAAT?? you're absolutely crazy. That tradition is awesome. I get so many nuetral fans asking me all the time what the chant is because they like it. It's just a little hard to tell what they are saying on tv.
                            sigpic

Comment

You're crazy for thinking we should get rid of the incomplete chant. It's one of the better chants I've ever heard, including those of "WE ARE... PENN STATE!" and "O! H! I! O!" (Coming from an Ohio State fan)

That being said, if we do co-license the phrase and tradition of 12th man, maybe we should let the Aggies do our incomplete chant?

Comment

Working...
                              X