No announcement yet.

College Traditions in the NFL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The In-com-plete chant is lame. And the fact that Denver can be down 14, and the QB misses a pass after hitting 14 in a row and the fans will still chant it is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      The In-com-plete chant is lame. And the fact that Denver can be down 14, and the QB misses a pass after hitting 14 in a row and the fans will still chant it is ridiculous.
      How is it lame? The chant is used to try and get to the QB's head and mess up his play. It may not work, but it's worth a shot.

Fan card revoked.

Comment

Originally posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post
        How is it lame? The chant is used to try and get to the QB's head and mess up his play. It may not work, but it's worth a shot.

Fan card revoked.
        Of course it works! And every incomplete opposing QB pass is the proof :dance:
        "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
        PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
        LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

A lot of teams have unique traditions that are very college-esque. Denver's incomplete chant has been mentioned, but how about riding out on Thunder before the game? A lot of teams have a mascot that they do that with. Like CU with the buffalo.

Other teams have some pretty interesting traditions. The Vikings sound the gjallarhorn every time they score a TD. The Bucs fire their cannons. The Pats have their colonial minutemen firing muskets. Pittsburg has their terrible towel. Oakland has their traditional parking lot shanking (I kid).

I'm sure there are more traditions, but that's just the few I could think of off the top of my head.
          2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

We could license a college term like "12th man" from Texas A&M and start using that...

Denver already does a college tradition with "IN-COM-PLETE" after every opposition incomplete pass, and I wish the Broncos would get rid of that ridiculous tradition. So I'd prefer they get rid of their college traditions rather than adding anymore.

I LOVE the Incomplete chant. One of the best parts of being at a game!

Comment

Originally posted by SLeeLeeS View Post
              I LOVE the Incomplete chant. One of the best parts of being at a game!
              Agreed! Love the In-Com-Plete chant. Whether it gets in the QB's head or not, still serves as a reminder that you’re in our house, and you've got some big time egg on your face after your latest aerial screw-up

But, like Dennis said...it clearly works, and is directly responsible for every subsequent incompletion .
              To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

you guys can adopt a husker fan tradition and congratulate the visiting team and clap for them as they walk off the field win or lose, that is if class is what you are aiming for.

Comment

How long have you been a fan? How many games have you been to Mile High? Not trying to troll. Serious question. As that chant is part of our heritage, getting rid of that would be ripping part of denver fans soul out.
                  sigpic

Comment

I miss barrel man

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                      How long have you been a fan? How many games have you been to Mile High? Not trying to troll. Serious question. As that chant is part of our heritage, getting rid of that would be ripping part of denver fans soul out.
                      I've been a fan since January 1987. I've only been to one game in Denver, although I've also seen them twice in Charlotte. I've just always disliked that chant. It seems like others disagree with me, and that's fine, but it's just not my thing.

Comment

Isn't having Thunder running on the field enough college influence for most? I think we have enough without making it worse and being disrespectful to other teams. I don't mind the incomplete chant but I don't think having more is necessary. :2cents:
                        sigpic
                        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

The "Defense" wave that started in the late 70's needs to make a return.

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                            Isn't having Thunder running on the field enough college influence for most? I think we have enough without making it worse and being disrespectful to other teams. I don't mind the incomplete chant but I don't think having more is necessary. :2cents:
                            I agree. We do enough. And in my opinion NFL is better than college even if College has some great heritage traditions. Why would I want a repeat of that on Sundays?

Leave college and it's traditions on Saturdays and leave NFL alone on Sundays.
                            sigpic

Comment

Bronco games are better than any college game. And I never heard of Rammer Jammer anyway, so how good could it be?

Comment

We need a chant to get miller more sacks.
                                Like one when he gets a sack
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm
                                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                                X