X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DwhitetheGamer
    replied
    Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    It's great for the opposing fans to have a safe and respected environment. However, I disagree that we should allow them to have their own section that would benefit the opposing team in any way.
    MAybe let there be a small visitors section like they do in college football? That would mean building a bigger stadium, though.

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
    I think it's a great idea. But Phil Simms was wrong. Unfortunately Kansas City has Denver beat in the College atmosphere in the NFL.
    How so? I know about the Tomahawk Chop, but what else?

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Kansas City doesn't beat Denver at anything related to football.

Except maybe rats in their concessions booths.
    I love it!

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
    I think it's a great idea. But Phil Simms was wrong. Unfortunately Kansas City has Denver beat in the College atmosphere in the NFL.
    Kansas City doesn't beat Denver at anything related to football.

Except maybe rats in their concessions booths.

Leave a comment:

• Axemaster
    replied
    Originally posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post
    (If this is in the wrong section, please move it.)

How nice would it be for college traditions, like Alabama's Rammer Jammer, to be in the NFL?

I know it may never happen, but I'm wondering what if it does.

I'm watching the 2015 AFC Championship at the making of this thread, and Phil Simms said that the crowd in Mile High was "About as close, to a college atmosphere you can get, with a pro football game."

What do you think? Should we start doing some college traditions or not?

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBrian View Post
    I think getting closer to a European soccer environment would be great. It helps having the fans segregated because it allows visiting fans to chant and sing without getting pummeled. They have lots of fun with it. For example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbfy05y5Ukw (we lose every week, your nothing special chant)
    And my favorite (to the police walking in front of the fans): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCXHbCYvzjI
    It's great for the opposing fans to have a safe and respected environment. However, I disagree that we should allow them to have their own section that would benefit the opposing team in any way.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBrian
    replied
    I think getting closer to a European soccer environment would be great. It helps having the fans segregated because it allows visiting fans to chant and sing without getting pummeled. They have lots of fun with it. For example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbfy05y5Ukw (we lose every week, your nothing special chant)
    And my favorite (to the police walking in front of the fans): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCXHbCYvzjI

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    We need a chant to get miller more sacks.
    Like one when he gets a sack

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Bronco games are better than any college game. And I never heard of Rammer Jammer anyway, so how good could it be?

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    Isn't having Thunder running on the field enough college influence for most? I think we have enough without making it worse and being disrespectful to other teams. I don't mind the incomplete chant but I don't think having more is necessary. :2cents:
    I agree. We do enough. And in my opinion NFL is better than college even if College has some great heritage traditions. Why would I want a repeat of that on Sundays?

Leave college and it's traditions on Saturdays and leave NFL alone on Sundays.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    The "Defense" wave that started in the late 70's needs to make a return.

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    Isn't having Thunder running on the field enough college influence for most? I think we have enough without making it worse and being disrespectful to other teams. I don't mind the incomplete chant but I don't think having more is necessary. :2cents:

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    How long have you been a fan? How many games have you been to Mile High? Not trying to troll. Serious question. As that chant is part of our heritage, getting rid of that would be ripping part of denver fans soul out.
    I've been a fan since January 1987. I've only been to one game in Denver, although I've also seen them twice in Charlotte. I've just always disliked that chant. It seems like others disagree with me, and that's fine, but it's just not my thing.

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied
    I miss barrel man

Leave a comment:

• Atwnbroncfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The In-com-plete chant is lame. And the fact that Denver can be down 14, and the QB misses a pass after hitting 14 in a row and the fans will still chant it is ridiculous.
    How long have you been a fan? How many games have you been to Mile High? Not trying to troll. Serious question. As that chant is part of our heritage, getting rid of that would be ripping part of denver fans soul out.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    you guys can adopt a husker fan tradition and congratulate the visiting team and clap for them as they walk off the field win or lose, that is if class is what you are aiming for.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X