The Ever Changing Sky!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ever Changing Sky!

Unless you live under a sky that is always clear (which is not a bad situation), you are kind of fortunate because you get to see a new sky pretty much every time you look up at it. Sort of like the snowflake concept.....no two are alike.

Now, that may not excite you too much, but variety is the spice of life, and we get an interesting exhibition from the sky every day......for free!

I live in the prairies, and sometimes when I am on a drive, the sights are so open it is almost a panoramic view of a huge masterpiece above! And frequently there are different formations here and there, seemingly totally unrelated to the others. I am a fan of the soft, fluffy, harmless clouds that often provide a little shade on a sunny day, but for those who dig thunderstorms, the cumulonimbus shows are pretty spectacular. And sometimes, when storms are approaching, the shapes and colours are really fascinating. They can be bent out of shape, bumpy and yes, a little worrisome.

Then again, is there anything much prettier than a beautiful sunset? And maybe throw in a little candy, with a perfect rainbow when the sun meets up with a shower. Cool stuff!

So, whether or not you are a sky-gazer, I think it is worth the time to take notice of what's above now and again, and appreciate what nature provides us. Next show begins.....

NOW!

What do you know.....a clear blue sky today. How boring.

Comment

In Denver, our skies are Orange and Blue! :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
        In Denver, our skies are Orange and Blue! :thumb:
        Yes indeed.....I guess our version of that (way out here on the prairies) is at sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          What do you know.....a clear blue sky today. How boring.

And that right there, my friend, is one of my biggest gripes with living in Southern California. The weather is supremely boring and listless. Every day it's the same sunny sky, sometimes awoken to a marine inversion layer, and that's basically it. A few times a year, we may see some rain....Ohhh, I did see a thunderstorm last year!!! It was about three or four bolts of lightning...then back to boring for another six months. No seasons (unless you consider 10 degrees cooler a season), occasionally some wind, and a cloud or two.

Enjoy your sky up there, Can...you're lucky you have it. Pull up a chair for me and enjoy the show. :thumb:
          To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Rockies game last week
            Last edited by VenomousDB; 07-18-2016, 02:35 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
              And that right there, my friend, is one of my biggest gripes with living in Southern California. The weather is supremely boring and listless. Every day it's the same sunny sky, sometimes awoken to a marine inversion layer, and that's basically it. A few times a year, we may see some rain....Ohhh, I did see a thunderstorm last year!!! It was about three or four bolts of lightning...then back to boring for another six months. No seasons (unless you consider 10 degrees cooler a season), occasionally some wind, and a cloud or two.

Enjoy your sky up there, Can...you're lucky you have it. Pull up a chair for me and enjoy the show. :thumb:
              Isn't it funny how the grass "seems" greener on the other side.......seriously, I do love sunny days, and interestingly we get a lot of them year round, and in the cold of winter, which in fact is not a blessing because it prevents the cloud blankie we all want when the deep freeze sets in!

But yes, we have 4 very distinct seasons which come with all sorts of weather, whereas you get the weather that many of us want. But do we? Ask all those snowbirds who frequent your parts of the world!!!:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post

Rockies game last week
                Thx for that bud!

:thumb:

Comment

Thx for that bud!

:thumb:
                  it was a fun game too! they actually won

unfortunately in that pic you can see smoke from a wild fire in the mountains.
                  sigpic

Comment

it was a fun game too! they actually won

unfortunately in that pic you can see smoke from a wild fire in the mountains.
                    I just assumed it was some of the fine Colorado "medicinal stuff"........

Comment

Isn't it funny how the grass "seems" greener on the other side.......seriously, I do love sunny days, and interestingly we get a lot of them year round, and in the cold of winter, which in fact is not a blessing because it prevents the cloud blankie we all want when the deep freeze sets in!

But yes, we have 4 very distinct seasons which come with all sorts of weather, whereas you get the weather that many of us want. But do we? Ask all those snowbirds who frequent your parts of the world!!!:thumb:
                      You certainly have some brutal winters up your way...without question.

I just just wish for a smidgen of variety. Love thunderstorms, "sweater weather," a good rainstorm from time to time, etc. People visiting from other areas accustomed to actual weather always get a good laugh whenever we get about one inch of rain or so - it's Storm Watch 2016!!! Round the clock reporting with half a dozen reporters sent out in the field from each station and updates every five minutes.

Very true...the grass isn't always greener.

Comment

I just just wish for a smidgen of variety. Love thunderstorms, "sweater weather," a good rainstorm from time to time, etc. People visiting from other areas accustomed to actual weather always get a good laugh whenever we get about one inch of rain or so - it's Storm Watch 2016!!! Round the clock reporting with half a dozen reporters sent out in the field from each station and updates every five minutes.

Yes indeed bud, you do need some precipitation to grow green grass.....(or one very good sprinkler system)

Comment

I just assumed it was some of the fine Colorado "medicinal stuff"........
                          Hey you never know around here! haha

Well you need to head on over to Colorado!

Yesterday it was hot and sunny, and then started downpouring for about 15 mins, and then it just went away. it never stopped being hot and sunny either lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Yesterday it was hot and sunny, and then started downpouring for about 15 mins, and then it just went away. it never stopped being hot and sunny either lol
                            I love Colorado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'll tell you what, man. My sister and I have lived in SoCal our whole lives...and always complained about it. Others have said, "you don't know how lucky you have it out there until you move away."

Well, my sister finally did it, and moved out to the Denver area earlier this year. She said it was the best decision she ever made. Hopefully, my wife and I can follow suit...that's practically been a lifelong dream.

Comment

Working...
                              X