Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ever Changing Sky!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    I'll tell you what, man. My sister and I have lived in SoCal our whole lives...and always complained about it. Others have said, "you don't know how lucky you have it out there until you move away."

    Well, my sister finally did it, and moved out to the Denver area earlier this year. She said it was the best decision she ever made. Hopefully, my wife and I can follow suit...that's practically been a lifelong dream.

    You should man it's nice here. The summers are hot, in the fall there's lots of leaves and colors, the winter isn't too bad but it does get very cold and snowy, and the spring is rainy/snowy. Plus, you can't really argue against being close to the Broncos!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Well now, two days in a row with some weird, weird clouds. Yesterday, areas just south of us got nailed with a huge storm, and tonight much of southern Manitoba got nailed again, with some whacky, even scary weather. If you watch the weather, you will know that the dew point is a very telling temperature, and reflects the comfort / discomfort level of conditions. Today was about as high as we have ever had, so says our weather guy. And wow, the storms were menacing! Tornado warnings (I believe several were sighted), hail, heavy rain, wind gusts, etc.

      We were planning an event at my friend's place, and on the way home....less than a block away, a tree was blocking most of the road. Wind or lightning, not sure. Weird stuff.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Well now, two days in a row with some weird, weird clouds. Yesterday, areas just south of us got nailed with a huge storm, and tonight much of southern Manitoba got nailed again, with some whacky, even scary weather. If you watch the weather, you will know that the dew point is a very telling temperature, and reflects the comfort / discomfort level of conditions. Today was about as high as we have ever had, so says our weather guy. And wow, the storms were menacing! Tornado warnings (I believe several were sighted), hail, heavy rain, wind gusts, etc.

        We were planning an event at my friend's place, and on the way home....less than a block away, a tree was blocking most of the road. Wind or lightning, not sure. Weird stuff.
        Hunker down, and be safe out there. With the changing climate comes ever weirder weather phenomena.
        To infinity...and beyond.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
          Hunker down, and be safe out there. With the changing climate comes ever weirder weather phenomena.

          Some serious damage to neighbouring communities, and lots of trees down here. We do get some storms every year, but this one was quite menacing. Could have been worse.

          Comment


          • #20
            Living in a valley surrounded by miles and miles of tall mountain ranges means there's always something good going on with the clouds. I'm always watching to see how the sunrise or sunset will turn out. Right now is our rainy season and we've had lots of lightning and cool thunderstorms rolling in lately.
            https://www.facebook.com/PatrickDeLi...2475567021361/

            It's cool how the topography and elevation affects how clouds behave, there's always something different in different places.
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
              Living in a valley surrounded by miles and miles of tall mountain ranges means there's always something good going on with the clouds. I'm always watching to see how the sunrise or sunset will turn out. Right now is our rainy season and we've had lots of lightning and cool thunderstorms rolling in lately.
              https://www.facebook.com/PatrickDeLi...2475567021361/

              It's cool how the topography and elevation affects how clouds behave, there's always something different in different places.
              And if anyone can take pictures of changing skies, it be you my friend!:thumb:

              Interesting, on both weird cloud days, I saw the exact clouds that caught my eye, captured by local photographers on our weather channel. What beautiful and sometimes downright scary skies! And I have to endorse my topic, because some of those clouds I have never seen before. No way. Too exaggerated, and too quirky.

              Comment


              • #22
                Woke up to some beautiful clouds this morn. The sky keeps providing these free gifts.

                I just know the beautiful sunsets will become more common in the next month or two. Always a special sight!

                Thank You!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Saw a really cool lightning storm the other day... I forgot how cool storms were in the wide open prairies
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Sometimes after storms you see the whacky Mammatus clouds. They look like this....

                    https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...ouds&FORM=IGRE

                    They look like pockets that are dropping earthward. They were really prominent after a huge storm a couple of weeks ago.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Quite often the sky is grey here, but if you stop and look for a while you'll soon see a chink of light.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                        Quite often the sky is grey here, but if you stop and look for a while you'll soon see a chink of light.
                        As long as there's a hint of light................right!



                        :thumb:

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I love thunderstorms. We're starting to get them in the Denver area every afternoon now, big one last night that rolled out eastwards over the plains, and a much larger one over Colorado Springs. Today looks like it will be even better as it's cloudy earlier but still 95 degrees. Hoping to get some good shots of this one.
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                            I love thunderstorms. We're starting to get them in the Denver area every afternoon now, big one last night that rolled out eastwards over the plains, and a much larger one over Colorado Springs. Today looks like it will be even better as it's cloudy earlier but still 95 degrees. Hoping to get some good shots of this one.
                            I will be checking the pics thread, however, please post here as well, if you get some "Ever Changing Skies" goodies!

                            :thumb:

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Sad to see the days getting shorter.....with less and less bright skies. However the good news where we live, is that prairie skies in autumn/early winter often take on this look

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Did You See The Moon?

                                Was that u I heard howling at the moon? That big, beautiful vision in the sky!



                                Weird thing though, I woke up deep in the woods this morning, with no recollection of being there.....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X