Yogurt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yogurt!

I just read the label on the greek yogurt we bought and it says, "Contains 1 Billion CFU Of Active Probiotic Cultures Per 125 Gram Serving". I can not believe how we got ripped off! I mean, just a billion!! Stop with the probiotic pinching!! Heck, I was expecting at least 10 billion!

Next thought.....who has the thankless job of counting them!?!? "879,201, 879,202, 879,203, (important text comes in), 879,20??????.......start over."

Cant stand that stuff... yuk....

yet occasionally I eat because its supposed to be good for me...

but yuk......
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      Cant stand that stuff... yuk....

yet occasionally I eat because its supposed to be good for me...

but yuk......
      Cmon EMac, gulp down about a billion of those little gems. They are like the kreepy krauly's of your tummy! Let 'em loose!!

Comment

I sometimes wonder if folks think they bought regular yogurt, and then to their surprise, find all the tasty stuff at the bottom.....sort of a goldmine, but a little too rich (see what I did there).

Hmmmm......I think I once mixed up a container of yogurt, but alas.....there was nothing at the bottom to be found!

Comment

I'm a probio eating fool these last few years. Never used to even as much as consider eating foods for probiotics. Yogurt, sauerkraut, miso soup, and probiotic juice almost daily. Occasionally, I have to take a probiotic supplement. I know what kind of yogurt you're eating. I kill one of those every morning. Don't eat more than one of those a day. Not good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
            I'm a probio eating fool these last few years. Never used to even as much as consider eating foods for probiotics. Yogurt, sauerkraut, miso soup, and probiotic juice almost daily. Occasionally, I have to take a probiotic supplement. I know what kind of yogurt you're eating. I kill one of those every morning. Don't eat more than one of those a day. Not good for you.
            Interesting stuff Spice! If you eat too much can the probies start eating you???

Comment

Them's helper creatures, Can!

You get all them critters in you, and they gobble up the bad while leaving the good. Just like helper maggots!

Bon appétit
              To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                Them's helper creatures, Can!

You get all them critters in you, and they gobble up the bad while leaving the good. Just like helper maggots!

Bon appétit
                Hey pal, I sure hope there is no such thing as "rogue" probies.....the kind that eat the good and leave the bad!!!

Comment

I generally eat yogurt almost every day. If I go too long without it I can tell...kinda feels like eating a 5lb bag of sugar free gummie bears, you know, like trying to funnel Niagara Falls through a coffee straw...

Greek yogurt is some good stuff. But if you want the 10 billion you just need to eat 10 times more. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    Hey pal, I sure hope there is no such thing as "rogue" probies.....the kind that eat the good and leave the bad!!!
                    Rogue yogurt!!! That just made me laugh (it sounds like some garage band). Me thinks they go a tad rogue when they grow hair .
                    To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Interesting stuff Spice! If you eat too much can the probies start eating you???
                      Hope not. But studies have shown that the strain Streptococcus Thermophilus can mess with your allergies if you consume too much of it (more than two cups daily). I eat one cup of yogurt with it every day, and have never had any problems whatsoever. Only benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                        I generally eat yogurt almost every day. If I go too long without it I can tell...kinda feels like eating a 5lb bag of sugar free gummie bears, you know, like trying to funnel Niagara Falls through a coffee straw...

Greek yogurt is some good stuff. But if you want the 10 billion you just need to eat 10 times more. :thumb:
                        Ras.....I'm looking for a trillion per 125 grams. I guess I will have to invent it myself. Mind you, at that level, the container will literally be shaking!

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                        Rogue yogurt!!! That just made me laugh (it sounds like some garage band). Me thinks they go a tad rogue when they grow hair .
                        Rogue Yogurt......that is the name of my next band for sure!! Love it! Now I just got to learn how to play better and find a group.

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                        Hope not. But studies have shown that the strain Streptococcus Thermophilus can mess with your allergies if you consume too much of it (more than two cups daily). I eat one cup of yogurt with it every day, and have never had any problems whatsoever. Only benefits.
                        So I see, probiotics are like friends with benefits....

Comment

So I see, probiotics are like friends with benefits....
                          Gut health is the foundation for overall health my man.

Comment

Yogurt! I HATE Yogurt!! Even with strawberries.

Comment

VSL #3 is far more effective, is recommended by my GI Doctor and is a pill instead of that nasty greek yogurt. You get it at the pharmacy as an over-the-counter they store in the 'fridge. It's $50/bottle, but you will never eat yogurt again after taking it. One capsule is 900-Billion. I know this because I counted them at my kitchen table because I was bored waiting on Von Miller to get signed.

It makes a serious impact on anyone with IBS, IBD's such as Crohn's/UC or just wanting to feel better.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X