• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The HIP !

50 Mission Cap

Courage

Grace 2

I can go ON and ON !!!

Historic Show ! Kingston.. here they COME !

Don't let your self stop you
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

I take it this is referring to The Tragically Hip, a great band, whose leader singer - Gord Downie, is dying of brain cancer. They are on a last tour this summer with Gord, the true leader of the group.

I can't wait to see the finale. It will be televised here in Canada. Getting tickets at our venue, or any venue, was almost impossible.

Bless you Gord!!! Truly gifted and beloved!

Comment

The Tragically Hip play here tonight. We've always loved them, but tonight will be special stuff. Farewell to the incomparable Gord Downie! May you rock the place one more time, and may the rest of your life be filled with love.

Bless you sir!!!

Comment

If you are going, hope you enjoy the show.

Maybe one day their music will hit the U.S.- Fans will be saying.. "Wish I got to see them live."

Comment

The Final Concert

Seeing as I started this a month ago, I should end this Tragiaclly Hip Thread with a final SALUTE.

As some may know tonight is the FINAL show in Kingston, Ont.

As stated by a fellow Hip fan the show will be on CBC in a mere minutes from now.

Outdoor showings will be going on everywhere.

Hope all has been educated on this Band..

SO LONG!

Comment

Originally posted by westside Bronco View Post
              Seeing as I started this a month ago, I should end this Tragiaclly Hip Thread with a final SALUTE.

As some may know tonight is the FINAL show in Kingston, Ont.

As stated by a fellow Hip fan the show will be on CBC in a mere minutes from now.

Outdoor showings will be going on everywhere.

Hope all has been educated on this Band..

SO LONG!
              I was away on vacation but recorded The Hip's last show. Looking forward to watching it tonight! So cool, I read that our Prime Minister was there. He is a cool dude!!

:thumb:

Comment

I watched the show last night, and it was fabulous! Amazing how Downie looks as if he is as healthy as anyone!!

I can understand this band is not for everyone. He has a unique style. But the music is strong, and yes, they are Canadiana plus. FTR, they did play SNL many years ago.

I love what they represent, and I am so proud of Downie for his bravery and his heart. Ending the show with one of my favourites, "Ahead By A Century" was so classic.

And yes, I posted this elsewhere. Our Prime Minister was in attendance. Downie praised him. Here's how a cool leader looks, T Shirt and all!

Last edited by CanDB; 08-26-2016, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X