Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take A Risk.....Be Confident and Post In Broncos Country!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take A Risk.....Be Confident and Post In Broncos Country!

This is for those folks who are not quite ready to post in this message board. This is for those who feel a little anxious about doing so. Perhaps you are not sure about the response you may get, or that you don't have interesting things to say. Maybe you have seen others get negative responses, and you just don't need that. Hey, I felt some of this apprehension before I first posted here.

Here's the thing, we get better as a group when new members, or those who seldom post, add even the smallest of value. And that is not a critique of any kind in terms of the quality folks bring. Just a general comment.....new blood is enriching. New views, new experiences, new anything is a wonderful thing!

And if you try, and be yourself as much as one can expect, you will have allies. And not only that, you deserve to be heard. You may even see things much different than others, but as long as you are genuine and have reasoning in your opinion, I for one may not agree, but I will respect you. That is true of a number of current members. They are not necessarily folks that I would hang with, but I respect their honesty. But this is not about me, or anyone here for that matter....it's all about you.

So......if you are on the edge of that line, where you jump on board (this board), just go for it! All I would suggest is, that you be yourself as much as you can. The reason being, although this is not a face to face place, (and in truth, many of us really don't know one another), being yourself here, there and everywhere, is the best formula.....I think we all understand that. Popularity is cool, but if it is at the expense of being different than you are, it can influence the larger aspect of your life. In fact, take it from me, one of the louder types here, it is very liberating to voice your opinions, ideas, and yes, whacky views on life. They may be strange, but they are mine!

In the end, this place can definitely benefit from you! And believe me, even I, the one who keeps on yacking, had my anxious moments. Still do occasionally. But it is so refreshing when you find out that others think like you, or at least try to see your side. Even if it's just one.

Take that risk.....I for one will be looking forward to hearing from you!

:thumb:

It's always good to hear some fresh takes.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

Stops us old timers from getting stale..
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
        too late you're already stale sir.

Comment

And getting sick of each other...
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
            too late you're already stale sir.
            sometimes old and stale becomes cool again.......

let me rethink that for a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              sometimes old and stale becomes cool again.......

let me rethink that for a little while.
              is that how that works.

Comment

This is for those folks who are not quite ready to post in this message board. This is for those who feel a little anxious about doing so. Perhaps you are not sure about the response you may get, or that you don't have interesting things to say. Maybe you have seen others get negative responses, and you just don't need that. Hey, I felt some of this apprehension before I first posted here.

Here's the thing, we get better as a group when new members, or those who seldom post, add even the smallest of value. And that is not a critique of any kind in terms of the quality folks bring. Just a general comment.....new blood is enriching. New views, new experiences, new anything is a wonderful thing!

And if you try, and be yourself as much as one can expect, you will have allies. And not only that, you deserve to be heard. You may even see things much different than others, but as long as you are genuine and have reasoning in your opinion, I for one may not agree, but I will respect you. That is true of a number of current members. They are not necessarily folks that I would hang with, but I respect their honesty. But this is not about me, or anyone here for that matter....it's all about you.

So......if you are on the edge of that line, where you jump on board (this board), just go for it! All I would suggest is, that you be yourself as much as you can. The reason being, although this is not a face to face place, (and in truth, many of us really don't know one another), being yourself here, there and everywhere, is the best formula.....I think we all understand that. Popularity is cool, but if it is at the expense of being different than you are, it can influence the larger aspect of your life. In fact, take it from me, one of the louder types here, it is very liberating to voice your opinions, ideas, and yes, whacky views on life. They may be strange, but they are mine!

In the end, this place can definitely benefit from you! And believe me, even I, the one who keeps on yacking, had my anxious moments. Still do occasionally. But it is so refreshing when you find out that others think like you, or at least try to see your side. Even if it's just one.

Take that risk.....I for one will be looking forward to hearing from you!

Or, you can just get liquored up and block those inhibitions. :thumb:
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                  I think that answers some of my questions about others here!!!

As for me, it's more about the undeniable lack of wherewithal, and a few other disorders.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                    I think that answers some of my questions about others here!!!

Comment

I know you are out there.......think about it. Start slow if you so desire. Take a run at one of my posts.

Comment

Just a friendly bump......for soon to be regular posters to read.:thumb:

Comment

What Matters Most....Did You Learn From It?

We make mistakes, probably every single day. Maybe just tiny ones. It's that darn "human" quality about us!

Sometime we make big mistakes.

We also fail here and there.....and maybe not even for lack of trying. Again, that human thing.

Which brings me to another side of this message. Whenever I watch athletes in Olympic sports or any sport for that matter, I hear compelling stories about how someone just missed out on success but redeemed themselves later, maybe the same year, maybe four years later. The timeframe is not that significant, but it's the outcome that draws attention.

These folks could have quit, or not push the envelope. They could have moved on, and be happy with their near success.....hey, think of it, finishing 4th, just out of the medals may haunt you, but you were 4th best on the planet!!! Again, there are similar levels of true achievement for all sports, and for me that is more about effort than what's on the scoreboard.

And this is not limited to sports of course. Think education, or careers, or relationships, or any part of your life. We fail or do not get to where we wanted to go.....but the question is, did you learn from it, and do you strive to do better. And if so, win, lose or draw, you are a champion.

I am not down on those who just can not muster up the energy or the drive or the inner strength it takes to make the best of everything. We do not hear too often about all those athletes who call it a day, or continue to try but never quite achieve their goals. And who is to say for sure if they have come up short. One has to live that life to understand that life. For the very most of these cases, they are not failures.....they just need to live another way. As long as they learn something from it all, be it personal or about life in general, then it is a good thing.

In my opinion, if we learn a little about a lot, or perhaps a lot about a little, we will be successful in this life.

Comment

Nice post Dave. Great read.

Comment

I should have worn a large napkin in my shirt last night. I'll try to remember that in the future.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X