Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take A Risk.....Be Confident and Post In Broncos Country!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    I should have worn a large napkin in my shirt last night. I'll try to remember that in the future.
    Please tell me it wasn't a nice, red pasta sauce!

I do not wear white anymore when eating. (I learned.....eventually)

Comment

I am not a bumper by nature, but still looking to entice potential posters. Why not start before the very busy regular season. You will feel like you have a running start if you tinker in August.

You are in for a good time. Also not a bad time to start, because I hate to mention it, but the football section can get a little "ornery" if we lose a game.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Please tell me it wasn't a nice, red pasta sauce!

I do not wear white anymore when eating. (I learned.....eventually)
        Sweet corn on the cob with lots of butter.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Sweet corn on the cob with lots of butter.
          I just ate breakfast, but I am now salivating at the thought.

We should incorporate a new way of eating by having "eating only" clothes. If everyone wore them, we could eat a lot more "aggressively" and no one would care. Plus we wouldn't ruin perfectly good clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            I just ate breakfast, but I am now salivating at the thought.

We should incorporate a new way of eating by having "eating only" clothes. If everyone wore them, we could eat a lot more "aggressively" and no one would care. Plus we wouldn't ruin perfectly good clothes.
            shellfish

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

shellfish

Did you just call me "shellfish"!!!!! I may be a little into myself, but that's a pretty bold knock on my character.

Comment

Here's To My Fellow Thread Starters

Yes, I start a whole lot of threads. Then again, I have so many more waiting to tell. So in part, this one may come across like a personal commentary. But it's not, because I feel part of a community of tale tellers, whether it be in this or any of the forums we have access to.

For me, and again, this is personal opinion, the thread starters represent a key cornerstone of the board. New thoughts, new ideas, new questions, new research....all contributing to a massive library of discussion material. And the more we add, the more different our views, the more we move forward as a home to quality, free speech.

And though my opening commentaries can be a little lengthy (who me??), I do not believe there is a formula or a recipe for success. We all have our styles. Sure, I do appreciate when someone puts in the time, and gathers some data/information that adds some depth to their threads. I have at times spent literally hours on pieces, just to make sure I get correct stats, and logistics, not to mention clarity of the message I am trying to get across. Then again, I have some mixed feelings about that amount of effort.....when a better story or group of threads come along and my thread drops out of sight. But that's my style and choice of content.

So good on you folks for the act of creation! We are on the same team. And no doubt, sometimes it takes some guts to voice our views. Hey, there are folks online who are very quick to take aim. Not to worry though, because those of us who know better, respect your effort.

Here's to you! Keep on presenting your thoughts/your tales/your critiques/your humour/your insights. When in doubt, go for it!

Comment

Thanks to you and others for all the great starts! :thumb:
                  sigpic

Comment

Cheers to the thread starters around here. Without you, we'd have nothing to read or talk about! Hats off to you Dave. Your threads have always been interesting since day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                      Thanks to you and others for all the great starts! :thumb:
                      Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                      Cheers to the thread starters around here. Without you, we'd have nothing to read or talk about! Hats off to you Dave. Your threads have always been interesting since day 1.
                      Thx to 2 of my fav posters!! I think I should have reworded it to be less about my involvement.

And no doubt, once we initiate something, it takes a whole group of interesting folks to give it life! Like you two!!

Comment

A little bump in the road...

I've been "critiqued" by one or more for being a repetitive thread starter. That actually encourages me a little. Because it reminds me of how important thread starters are. No threads, no discussion, no nothing. Of course not every thread is a SB winner type, but that's not an issue, because some threads become surprisingly informative and enjoyable even though initially they seemed less valuable.

Just remember, about the worst thing to happen from a well intentioned thread is that no one responds. Not a big deal.

I believe good threads lead to good discussions and so much more. And if we treat them with some level of respect, in totality, it will foster the right environment for all members to feel more confident about starting threads of their own, or at very least, to engage in discussions knowing we, as a body, appreciate their inputs.

(ok....there are a few I probably should have skipped posting)

Comment

what's a cp?

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                            what's a cp?

It's a chilli pepper dude.....where've you been??

It does explain some of my heartburn.

Comment

Working...
                            X