Firearms, hunting, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearms, hunting, etc.

Slow week has made me think about a thread I have long been surprised to not see on here. I did use the search function and did not find anything.

Let me say, this thread is intended for gun and hunting enthusiasts. I have no desire for this to become a debate on the politics of gun ownership.

So, Broncos country, what do you shoot? What is your dream gun? Whatever else you would like to discuss.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

We used to have a long running gun thread.

Time for a new start.

I was a hunter and owned one of my dream guns....but a Divorce caused a sale (Not that legal bills weren't awesome too!! )

it was a Sako 85 Finlight with low mounted Leupold VX-3 scope ( Boone & Crockett cross-hairs)

I have a bunch of "dream" guns.

My funnest currently owned one is A Mossberg MPV in .223. Its a blast to shoot.

Last edited by EddieMac; 11-21-2016, 03:36 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear that, and thanks for a bit of background. It always surprised me that there wasn't a thread on this.

I tend to have pretty basic taste, and I like to stick with what works for me. I have a XD-9 that is perfect for me. With that said, I could still spend a small fortune on firearms if I didn't have someone to tame me lol.

I still have a couple handguns on my radar, a 1911 which I haven't quite narrow in on a single model yet. I really like the Springfields. The other I am eyeing currently is the Heritage 1873 black eagle.

Comment

Took me awhile to find it. As EM mentioned, it is old. I'll leave it up to him if he thinks it should be merged. I just thought JJ might like to read through or look at the pictures.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...m-stick-thread
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I might be changing the barrel on my AR down the road.

This guy...$1500 worth of scope, and another $1000 worth of suppressor. I'm jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            Took me awhile to find it. As EM mentioned, it is old. I'll leave it up to him if he thinks it should be merged. I just thought JJ might like to read through or look at the pictures.

Thanks! I'll check it out

Comment

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
              Sorry to hear that, and thanks for a bit of background. It always surprised me that there wasn't a thread on this.

I tend to have pretty basic taste, and I like to stick with what works for me. I have a XD-9 that is perfect for me. With that said, I could still spend a small fortune on firearms if I didn't have someone to tame me lol.

I still have a couple handguns on my radar, a 1911 which I haven't quite narrow in on a single model yet. I really like the Springfields. The other I am eyeing currently is the Heritage 1873 black eagle.

1911,s are my specialty from my competition days. PM if you have any questions.

I currently managed to keep my favorite 1911:

Kimber Pro carry 11 Crimson Trace. Not a laser sight guy but it is cool . I was very surprised I every bought a Kimber but absolutely love the fit and finish of it. I can't say enough good things about their quality.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Thanks Peanut. I couldn't remember the name.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                  I might be changing the barrel on my AR down the road.

This guy...$1500 worth of scope, and another $1000 worth of suppressor. I'm jealous.
                  Oh boy, all those beautiful "evil" features, everyone is jealous but the owner lol. I'm about to buy a DB-15 CCR FDE. I also intend on building either a 300 blackout or AR10.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                    1911,s are my specialty from my competition days. PM if you have any questions.

I currently managed to keep my favorite 1911:

Kimber Pro carry 11 Crimson Trace. Not a laser sight guy but it is cool . I was very surprised I every bought a Kimber but absolutely love the fit and finish of it. I can't say enough good things about their quality.
                    Thanks I appreciate that, beautiful pistol, Kimber makes a nice 1911. I really dig the Spartan, that would probably fall under my dream pistol.

Comment

Thanks I appreciate that, beautiful pistol, Kimber makes a nice 1911. I really dig the Spartan, that would probably fall under my dream pistol.
                      ya they ain't cheap. I love to tinker with the 1911 but they come all ready to go which is nice.
                      sigpic

Comment

Slow week has made me think about a thread I have long been surprised to not see on here. I did use the search function and did not find anything.

Let me say, this thread is intended for gun and hunting enthusiasts. I have no desire for this to become a debate on the politics of gun ownership.

So, Broncos country, what do you shoot? What is your dream gun? Whatever else you would like to discuss.

Cool thread!!! I bought a atv this year specifically for hunting so I would not have to drag deer anymore. Last weekend I dropped a spike horn 125 lbs.I did not have my atv. I had to drag it 1.5 miles thru some rough terrain...FIGURES!!!
                        Shot the deer with "OLD TRUSTY" Remington 1100 12gage.
                        sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                        Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                        PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
                          Cool thread!!! I bought a atv this year specifically for hunting so I would not have to drag deer anymore. Last weekend I dropped a spike horn 125 lbs.I did not have my atv. I had to drag it 1.5 miles thru some rough terrain...FIGURES!!!
                          Yeah not too fun, but once the work is over you go home with that tagged filled lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
                            My Quad is my favorite toy!! 2007 Brute force 650i
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah not too fun, but once the work is over you go home with that tagged filled lol.
                              Yes well worth the work.
                              sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                              Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                              PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

Working...
                              X