No announcement yet.

Promise Me.....You Will Take The Lead When Someone Has Food/Other On Their Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promise Me.....You Will Take The Lead When Someone Has Food/Other On Their Face

OK.....you are having a meal and someone has food either on their face or between their teeth.....do you point that out or do you pretend you do not see? Shame on you if you don't do the deed!!!

I know, when you do not know someone well, it is not easy to address the situation. Sometimes what's hardest is that you do not want to bring it to the attention of others, so as not to make the situation worse. Sort of like trying to explain why you sent out an email in poor taste.....odds were many people did not notice the first time, but when you make a fuss about it, then most people read it, and wonder what is wrong with you! (I always remember when people replied to all members on a work list, instead of just sending a dirty joke to their buddy. In fact, pretty much the whole organization got it. THEN, they made it worse by pointing it out, and making some excuse for sending it in the first place.)

Think of it from the perspective of you being the one with the food in/on face. Imagine looking in a mirror and wondering how long you were going about your business with this obvious blemish! I remember the thought, "who did I talk to in the last few hours????" :brick:

I have even a worse memory.....when I was working downtown, and a woman walked by (in a crowded area) with part of her skirt kinda stuck high up her leg. Poor woman, walking around downtown with folks staring at her backside. I assumed she did so when leaving her car or something. But I did not know how to address the situation.....had it been today, I would have took her aside and told her. I still regret that incident. I was young, but I should still have known better.

So, try to be "that person", the one who looks out for others. You will save people a lot of embarrassment. There is some skill involved, but they will appreciate your concern.:thumb:
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-28-2016, 01:26 PM.

Hey Can? You got a booger on your nose.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
      Hey Can? You got a booger on your nose.
      Thx pal! I knew I could count on you to tell me, and without going public!

Comment

Like at the AFC championship game last year, when my brother allowed me to walk around ... I'm assuming the entire game with chocolate on my nose. Didn't notice til the drive home, and ask him what the hell, I ask you if I had frosting on my face ... he laughs and says, oh that wasn't a freckle .... siblings can suck even when your in 30's and 40's .... good thing for those little erasers to edit the pics.
        sigpic
        Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
          Like at the AFC championship game last year, when my brother allowed me to walk around ... I'm assuming the entire game with chocolate on my nose. Didn't notice til the drive home, and ask him what the hell, I ask you if I had frosting on my face ... he laughs and says, oh that wasn't a freckle .... siblings can suck even when your in 30's and 40's .... good thing for those little erasers to edit the pics.
          Are you a brown noser?

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Are you a brown noser?
            I certainly appeared to be on that day.....
            sigpic
            Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Working...
            X