Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Resolutions (Or Shall We Say.....Ideas For Change, But By No Means "Firm")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Resolutions (Or Shall We Say.....Ideas For Change, But By No Means "Firm")

In 2017, I will not talk politics in this MB!!!!

OK.....no talking about politics in this thread, or else you will have to do 20 push ups and 10 times around the track.....which of course might work out for you if "exercise" is high on your list!!!

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    In 2017, I will not talk politics in this MB!!!!

OK.....no talking about politics in this thread, or else you will have to do 20 push ups and 10 times around the track.....which of course might work out for you if "exercise" is high on your list!!!

Who am I going to argue with? I don't make resolutions because I never keep them
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
      Who am I going to argue with? I don't make resolutions because I never keep them
      HC....you and I have lots of potential room for arguments (think big bud!!!), so lets agree to stay pals, and keep our hands off the forbidden fruit.

Comment

One more....I will do my best to initiate interesting discussions. I know, up til now I have not considered the "interesting" part. But this is Can Part II.

(As if)

Comment

I considered making a resolution not to swear and then thought, 'the hell with that'.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
            I considered making a resolution not to swear and then thought, 'the hell with that'.
            Hey bud......ya can't give up everything!!!

One of my resolutions is to give up snow shovelling. Have to break it gently to my wife. She knows how I love to shovel.......

Comment

Hey bud......ya can't give up everything!!!

One of my resolutions is to give up snow shovelling. Have to break it gently to my wife. She knows how I love to shovel.......
              No joke, my wife shovels. Not sure how it started, but it is awesome!
              sigpic

Comment

No joke, my wife shovels. Not sure how it started, but it is awesome!
                You are livin the dream my friend!!!:thumb:

CPs to your first lady!!!

Comment

You are livin the dream my friend!!!:thumb:

CPs to your first lady!!!
                  Thanks. She cuts the grass too! It started a few years ago. I came home from work on a Wednesday or Thursday evening and was tired. She said the grass needed cutting. I said I would do it on Saturday. She said it needed cutting 'now'. I said again, I'd do it on Saturday. She pressed it and I said if she wanted it cut now to go ahead. About 5 minutes later I hear the lawn-mower. I felt pretty bad about it-- like she stole my man-card, but I had gotten home late and really was tired. After that, I have cut grass maybe 10-times since. It was always done when I got home. It transpired into shoveling. Now, I just stand at the front door, look out the glass in my sweats and drink coffee. It's not one-sided though. I do all the cooking.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks. She cuts the grass too! It started a few years ago. I came home from work on a Wednesday or Thursday evening and was tired. She said the grass needed cutting. I said I would do it on Saturday. She said it needed cutting 'now'. I said again, I'd do it on Saturday. She pressed it and I said if she wanted it cut now to go ahead. About 5 minutes later I hear the lawn-mower. I felt pretty bad about it-- like she stole my man-card, but I had gotten home late and really was tired. After that, I have cut grass maybe 10-times since. It was always done when I got home. It transpired into shoveling. Now, I just stand at the front door, look out the glass in my sweats and drink coffee. It's not one-sided though. I do all the cooking.
                    I can't stop laughing…
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                      I can't stop laughing…
                      I know right! She cuts the grass and I'm all like...

sigpic

Comment

I know right! She cuts the grass and I'm all like...

Yeah made me feel bad for a couple minutes about all the cooking my husband does….
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Hey....it's all good! Division of labour, right?

Which sort of leads to another resolution of mine, which actually caught on just a month ago.......I cook more myself, and try something new every week. New for me that is. So far I am doing quite good, although my wife does back me up, otherwise some foods would be the wrong temperature, or overcooked! (At some point too many things need to be attended to!!. I'll get better at it after I repeat the menus.....I hope!)

Otherwise I still make steaks, eggs, burgers, pancakes, you know the basics!
                          Last edited by CanDB; 01-02-2017, 09:26 AM.

Comment

I resolve to watch all the playoff games.....

beyond that I am non-committal
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                              I resolve to watch all the playoff games.....

beyond that I am non-committal
                              Can we count on you to follow thru on that one???!!!!

I admire your risk tolerance......even though I too will watch EVERY SINGLE GAME!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X