We're Underpaid!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Underpaid!

OK.....so we typically make money by working, or from some approved program, or maybe even via an illegal opportunity....all part of the economics of life in a modern day world. But I think we are not getting a fair share of loot, given what we do on a regular basis as home / condo / apartment dwellers, parents, partners, and so forth. They often talk about sweat equity, and in this case, we are getting robbed!! So, with that in mind, here are examples of why we are getting the shaft:

1) As "dwellers", that is, people who inhabit dwellings, where is the custodial pay we should be getting, for keeping up the place, cutting grass, shovelling snow, repairing and replacing, and keeping things nice and pretty? We are handy and productive. We make our place a good place, for the betterment of the world!!! I will not talk specific hourly rates, because they differ from here to there, but yes, we should be getting around $20 per, minimum, for our services! But also add in higher specific payments for professional endeavours, including architecture, carpentry, plumbing, and automotive expertise. To make things easy, just use $50/hour overall. (Again, subject to local equivalents).

2) As parents, we are educators and mentors, and we have to feed and take care of our offspring, who are very important to our nations, and even world wide! We nurture and provide support. We train/teach. We monitor and correct as needed. We stay up all night sometimes!! This is not just a baby sitting job, it is a lifelong project! Annual pay, hmmmm, gotta be close to a $100k!!!

3) If you are a pet owner, such an admirable position, you also deserve much of what #2 receives in compensation, but lets be clear, this job can be more difficult because being a part time vet is sometimes more confusing than being a regular doctor. Especially if you have an exotic animal. Who even knows what to do??? And lets be clear, pets are a highly valued asset to our lives. They make us realize that people are not really as loyal as they could be, and yes, many of the people we hang with are a pain sometimes! Try telling a teenager to "sit" and see how that goes!

If you are a pet owner, add $30k annual. Even though it is sometimes confusing, they are much easier to deal with than those "whacky" teenagers!

3) Sometimes we have to be good accountants, when figuring out our budgets, and paying taxes, and making sure we are doing things properly, and to the satisfaction of our governments. After all, if we go bankrupt, costs will be incurred. And many lives will be impacted! We are too big too fail!!!! Factor in an Accountant rate for approx. 10 hours per week!!!

4) We are legal beagles from time to time. If we or our family members break laws, we are hurting everyone, and putting our communities at risk. If left unchecked, we could take down our collective world. Chaos can lead to disaster at the highest level. Throw in a few hours a week, at about $100 per hour.

5) Now the big one.....as a husband/wife/partner. It is critical that we all get along, and if one household has issues, it may spillover to another and another and next thing you know.....anarchy!!! From my personal perspective, it is incredibly important that I listen to every word my wife says, even if I do not always grasp what is being said. But I must try! And under the gun, I MUST be able to at least prove that I was listening, else bad things are on the horizon in our dwelling.

This one is so big, I am not sure how to conclude. The world needs us to get along, plus there are some scary, scary consequences if one does not listen! I am talking threats such as, "no more sports this week", "no desserts or red meat for a week as well"...and if you are not big on either, "no more whatever it is you love to eat/drink"! There are other threats, which I will leave to your imagination!

Bottom line, if you have a wife/husband/partner (define partner any way you wish)....you need compensation! Not just to listen to, but to say "yes" to even against your will, or to know what they are thinking, even when they are not thinking. Failure of this partnership system can literally explode the world as we know it. Only a corporate CEO should be within the same salary group. Add whatever bank CEO salary you believe fits best.

~~~~~

I know, that is far too much compensation, if you add everything together. I have thought this through....if you do not qualify for #5, select the highest single compensation value you qualify for, ie. $30k for being a pet owner. BUT, if you qualify for #5, just take the bank CEO salary of your choice.

(NOTE: Please advise if I have omitted compensation categories. I will gladly factor them in!)

Great read, bud! :thumb:

I need a raise!
    To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
      Great read, bud! :thumb:

I need a raise!
      Gman, I was going to add more, but in your case, you get the CEO salary for being a good husband, so I guess we can let some other roles get thrown in for free.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Gman, I was going to add more, but in your case, you get the CEO salary for being a good husband, so I guess we can let some other roles get thrown in for free.
        Thanks, D! :thumb: I try to be the best husband I can. My wife is my joy, her heart is my currency.

You, my friend, get extra stock in life for sharing your vast wisdom (in addition to all else). Knowledge has value…it can accrue value and riches in equal weight.

Comment

Thanks, D! :thumb: I try to be the best husband I can. My wife is my joy, her heart is my currency.

You, my friend, get extra stock in life for sharing your vast wisdom (in addition to all else). Knowledge has value…it can accrue value and riches in equal weight.
          You flatter me! Love to meet you and your wife someday! I am pretty confident I would be impressed!! (PLUS I have selfish reasons.....to see California again!)

But speaking of roles.....your wife just called and said it's time for you take out the garbage, for free!!

For the record, my wife is a much better person than I.

Hey.....how's the storm? You folks ok?
          Last edited by CanDB; 02-17-2017, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            You flatter me! Love to meet you and your wife someday! I am pretty confident I would be impressed!! (PLUS I have selfish reasons.....to see California again!)

But speaking of roles.....your wife just called and said it's time for you take out the garbage, for free!!

For the record, my wife is a much better person than I.

Hey.....how's the storm? You folks ok?
            Ditto that!

I’ll take the garbage out…but the going rate is one homemade chocolate chip cookie per can.

Storm update - at 2:00 PM they evacuated our building at work and invoked business continuity plans. I stayed behind (still at work) to keep an eye on things, but all is well at the moment, thankfully. Lots of downed trees, powerlines, some flooding on the streets and freeways, but I think we fared ok with all things considered. Hope Ras is doing alright down where he is.

Comment

Ditto that!

I’ll take the garbage out…but the going rate is one homemade chocolate chip cookie per can.

Storm update - at 2:00 PM they evacuated our building at work and invoked business continuity plans. I stayed behind (still at work) to keep an eye on things, but all is well at the moment, thankfully. Lots of downed trees, powerlines, some flooding on the streets and freeways, but I think we fared ok with all things considered. Hope Ras is doing alright down where he is.
              Heck, that sounds like a real storm you encountered! Glad you are ok.:thumb:

Comment

Ditto that!

I was doing some work in Morgan Hill the other day, just getting ready to leave when another levee broke. Turned a 2ish hour drive into an almost 6 hour drive. It's getting crazy around here.
                Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Maybe Uncle Sam shouldn't be taking between 30 -50 per cent of everyone's income

Tax is supposed to be a small part of the whole. Not a significant CHUNK
                  The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                    Maybe Uncle Sam shouldn't be taking between 30 -50 per cent of everyone's income

Tax is supposed to be a small part of the whole. Not a significant CHUNK
                    Agreed, taxation at this point is theft. I think I'm doing pretty good when I work some OT, and then I see what the fed is making off my hard work

Comment

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                      I was doing some work in Morgan Hill the other day, just getting ready to leave when another levee broke. Turned a 2ish hour drive into an almost 6 hour drive. It's getting crazy around here.
                      Our levees are being taxed! This is one of the wettest winters I've seen in California since the Great El Niño of 97-98.

Comment

Our levees are being taxed! This is one of the wettest winters I've seen in California since the Great El Niño of 97-98.
                        I did not live in the state until 2006, but have heard many compare the two years. Lots of people having a very difficult time, turns out more of our infrastructure should have been tested/maintained with the money they take from us.

Comment

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                          I did not live in the state until 2006, but have heard many compare the two years. Lots of people having a very difficult time, turns out more of our infrastructure should have been tested/maintained with the money they take from us.
                          That is very true.

Comment

Still waiting for that cheque for the security I provided, back when I was doing some neighbourhood watch duties.

I have to elaborate....our block leader was intense about it, and at some point, I wondered about his motives. Heck, he was starting to scare people, telling them about recent break ins not too far away. Sure enough, we got broken into when on vacation. Hmmmmmmm!

Here's the other weird part. He had me work a few late shifts (lasting several hours), and truth is, those neighbours who were still up were watching me closely, as they wondered what a car was doing driving slowly up and down the street and back lanes after midnight!! I soonafter quit for fear of being reported to the police!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X