WWYD (What Would You Do)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWYD (What Would You Do)?

My big brother raised and put me through grad school. Paid for my three weddings.

I planned a trip with my brother to teach him how to ski; how to get on the lift… Unfortunately, due to my spouse’s emergency surgery, I have to cancel. Since the trip is paid, he is still going.

I am thinking of posting an available gig for an accomplished ski instructor who has intimate knowledge of Steamboat. Aside from instruction, guide my brother to get on the lift and give him bourbon once he is on….

Pay is $35/hour for 4 hours a day. Lunch is included (of course, not paid for lunch hour). Lift ticket for the 2nd and 3rd day - also included. If things go well, bonus of $50/day will be added.

The other option is to use Steamboat instructors. But from my past experiences with resort instructors, they would not be best for a 50-yo who has issues with height.

After repeated frustration with instructors, I finally found one who taught me how to snowboard and he is not an instructor.

Since now I am able to return 1/1000th of what he did for me, I just want him to have the best experience on the slope. Hopefully once he likes the slope, he would spend 40+ days/year with us while we powder.

If you were I, how would you approach this? We have time to plan – 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance for your thought.

If your trying to repay him for all he's done for you, I think time is worth more than money. Too bad you can't reschedule for a later time with him. I am of no help at all.....

If someone did this for me, I would think it was very kind and still go myself ....

Hope your spouse heals quickly.
    sigpic
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

The sad thing about this is he hates skiing as much as he loves the Broncos. When I was in high school, I remembered him naming his dogs "Red" and "Morton"
      I did not know the origin until one night in grad school, zinged from too much coffee, I read of Red Miller and Craig Morton.
      He agreed to the trip so he can spend more time with my girls. Again, he is doing things for me rather than vice versa.
      My wife and her mother (best mother-in-law ever and lives in her house next to mine) are having surgeries 3 days apart. I am self-medicating.
      Thanks man

Comment

Hope all goes well for both ladies. Sounds like he enjoys his nieces. I know I would do things that I don't so much consider fun just to spend time with my nieces, because I love them to death. I'm sure your brother will enjoy that more the skiing
        sigpic
        Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Working...
        X