Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Worst Accidental Razor Blade Cut(s)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Your Worst Accidental Razor Blade Cut(s)

    Hey, this is about razors, but if you want, expand this into worst accidental cuts from power equipment or anything else.

    Razors came to mind, because most of us can use them, and likely many of us have left some pretty messy cuts as a result. I usually find that the facial cut accidents are directly linked to the more rushed I am. Still prefer the old style razors over modern technology, but sometimes I wonder if my face can take much more!

    One time I cut the edge of my lip so badly, I had to miss my kids' entire church event, lasting about 45 minutes. I could not stop it unless I put some huge band aid on, and at that, it might still have dripped!! Lips are not the place to cut!

    I've cut myself many times, and as I say, when rushed bad things happen...like cutting the edge of the nose! What the heck!!

    And here's the thing that stands out, even with a nice, new blade. If you make a foolishly deep stroke in a hurry, you know immediately that you have opened up a proverbial "well", and there is this moment of silence and despair, awaiting the verdict of your mismanaged actions. Then it happens, the red sea is now part of your geography.

    And so many times I would go to work, luckily in my own car, with some sort of gauze to protect the wound, hoping that by the time I got to work for that important 8 am meeting, the wound would be sealed. But alas, even then, all it would take is an accidental rub across the inflicted area, and next thing you know....."hey dude, you're bleeding!":doh:

    As for bigger cuts, from other devices, I've been lucky I suppose. Had some real close calls with tree cutting endeavours, literally fractions of an inch from cutting off a finger, and one time in a much, much more sensitive place. Another time for that story! Very close!!

    I know my dear wife almost cut off her finger with an electric tool. She was lucky. And a couple of years ago we had a crew rebuild our fence, and this poor guy made a huge cut into his hand. We became a medical crew for him. That cut was so deep!!!

    I can relate worse stories about accidental cuts, but I'll stop here. Prefer we keep it a little more light, so I apologize if I went too far myself.

    And as for other cuts....sports has given me my share.....and good ole hockey got me some stitches in the head, but lucky it didn't hit me in an important part!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-22-2017, 12:06 PM.

  • #2
    I straight razor shave.....lemme tell you about how those bleed.....and bleeed.....and bleeeeed
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      I straight razor shave.....lemme tell you about how those bleed.....and bleeed.....and bleeeeed
      I'm thinking (and probably reaching) that we need the odd "bleed" to refresh ourselves. Does that make any sense (given how much blood we've drawn)??? Sort of like the ole forest fire theory, that a good burn refreshes the forest.

      Maybe?:thumb:

      Comment


      • #4
        My mom cut my lip, and blood dripped into my mouth for days
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          As for bigger cuts, from other devices, I've been lucky I suppose. Had some real close calls with tree cutting endeavours, literally fractions of an inch from cutting off a finger, and one time in a much, much more sensitive place. Another time for that story! Very close!!
          Don't use a razor anymore but have used X-Acto knives since I was a kid building model cars, model railroads, framing art projects, etc. 3 times to the ER for stitches in my hands as a teenager and a few years ago a real bad cut...refused to go to the ER so my wife cleaned it out and "stitched" it shut with Krazy Glue! Worked great Oh ya, was setting some of those steel posts to run a wire fence a couple years ago. Was working in tennis shoes instead of boots (dumb mistake #1) and put my full force into pushing a post down with my foot (dumb mistake #2). The flange at the bottom of the post cut right through my shoe. I knew I was in trouble when I looked down and saw red...a lot of red! Absolutely refused a trip to the ER (I think I'm starting to see a pattern here). My wife to the rescue again with Krazy Glue! Though after that one I did go to the doc for a tetanus shot
          "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
          PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
          LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
            Don't use a razor anymore but have used X-Acto knives since I was a kid building model cars, model railroads, framing art projects, etc. 3 times to the ER for stitches in my hands as a teenager and a few years ago a real bad cut...refused to go to the ER so my wife cleaned it out and "stitched" it shut with Krazy Glue! Worked great Oh ya, was setting some of those steel posts to run a wire fence a couple years ago. Was working in tennis shoes instead of boots (dumb mistake #1) and put my full force into pushing a post down with my foot (dumb mistake #2). The flange at the bottom of the post cut right through my shoe. I knew I was in trouble when I looked down and saw red...a lot of red! Absolutely refused a trip to the ER (I think I'm starting to see a pattern here). My wife to the rescue again with Krazy Glue! Though after that one I did go to the doc for a tetanus shot
            Are u Krazy???!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
              Don't use a razor anymore but have used X-Acto knives since I was a kid building model cars, model railroads, framing art projects, etc. 3 times to the ER for stitches in my hands as a teenager and a few years ago a real bad cut...refused to go to the ER so my wife cleaned it out and "stitched" it shut with Krazy Glue! Worked great Oh ya, was setting some of those steel posts to run a wire fence a couple years ago. Was working in tennis shoes instead of boots (dumb mistake #1) and put my full force into pushing a post down with my foot (dumb mistake #2). The flange at the bottom of the post cut right through my shoe. I knew I was in trouble when I looked down and saw red...a lot of red! Absolutely refused a trip to the ER (I think I'm starting to see a pattern here). My wife to the rescue again with Krazy Glue! Though after that one I did go to the doc for a tetanus shot
              I used crazy glue to seal one of my dog's ears after she got into a dust up with my other dog over a bone. Works like a charm.

              I get cut all the time, though. Worst recent one was a couple years ago. I ripped my thumb open on the quarter panel of a Ford Ranger, and had to get 18 stitches. I know, a Ford Ranger, of all vehicles. It wasn't even one of those chopped and lowered ones like you see at car shows either. Just a typical scrap throw away. I could've bought ten of those trucks for what my ER visit cost me. I was trying to get somebody to put the skin back in place and throw a couple of those butterfly bandaids on it. Everybody was like, "Nooooooo. You gotta go to the ER!"

              Comment


              • #8
                This place is a bloody mess!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Never had a significant razor cut; but what came to mind was the time I was dusting and dropped a can of Pledge in a way the lip of the bottom of the can landed just below the cuticle of my big toe (I was barefoot) and busted my big toe open just below the cuticle. Next to a rupturing appendix, by far it was the most pain I have ever felt. I would rank it one or two notches above walking and catching your little toe on a piece of furniture.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                    Never had a significant razor cut; but what came to mind was the time I was dusting and dropped a can of Pledge in a way the lip of the bottom of the can landed just below the cuticle of my big toe (I was barefoot) and busted my big toe open just below the cuticle. Next to a rupturing appendix, by far it was the most pain I have ever felt. I would rank it one or two notches above walking and catching your little toe on a piece of furniture.
                    Don't get me started with braking a baby toe while zipping through the house!!! Or dropping a weight on my big toe, resulting in, you guessed it, a badly broken toe!! Oh.....just revving up here!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      Are u Krazy???!!!

                      Well, duct tape wouldn't have sealed well so, ya I'm Krazy for Krazy Glue
                      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Razor cuts? Probably Boot Camp.

                        Other accidental cuts from power equipment? You don't want to know.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          Razor cuts? Probably Boot Camp.

                          Other accidental cuts from power equipment? You don't want to know.
                          Cmon Sam....now I am really interested!! Unless it was gruesome.....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The Chef that worked at the Local Bar who got caught in the Meat Cutter.

                            I see they are offering a coupon to come back for Lunch !


                            EWEEEEE !!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Okay, to stick with the topic, my worst razor story....

                              Back in the 80's I was in a bar and after a few drinks started telling jokes-- it was before things were so PC and most of my jokes were polish jokes.

                              I go into the men's room to get rid of some beer and this big dude walks in and just stands behind me glaring at me. I turned around to make my way out and he side-stepped in front of me. I looked at him and said, 'sup!??' He had this angry look on his face and said, 'you the guy out there telling polish jokes?'. I said, 'yea, just having fun, didn't mean to make anyone mad'. He said, 'well, some polish people don't think that sort of thing is funny!'

                              Well, the dude turns around slightly and then whips back around at me and flashes a razor up at me. I started freaking out and got nervous for a second.

                              Then I realized he did not have it plugged in. I laughed and walked out.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X