Do You Dare Send Food Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
    I am selective about where I eat out and do not go to places where I would worry about someone on parole messing with my food. I typically avoid chain restaurants.

However, I hate it, I mean hate it, when I go through the line at Q-potle and ask for say, a chicken burrito bowl, and the person making it gives me a little-tiny spoonful of chicken and a whole bunch of rice and beans. I'm like, 'what? You got a chicken shortage back there? Give me some damn chicken!' And, then they are like, 'oh okay' and put on a couple more little pieces. I'm like really?! They just look at me-- with their gauges in their nose, blue hair, and neck tattoos. I am sure they wish they could retaliate-- but they can't behind the glass! Now give me more chicken!
    Those dang chicken hoarders!!! You should probably tell them how much you love rice and beans, and then they'll give you a big load of chicken and hold back on the rice and beans. It's like certain bosses, where you learn to tell them how much you hate certain tasks, and then they pile them on you.....which is exactly what you really wanted. Works in reverse as well.....you know, make it known that "I just love that task", and say goodbye to it!

As for food there are choices of course. Cook it yourself!! Trouble is, even though I may use the right ingredients, sometimes I fail on the flavour scale!

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
      However, I hate it, I mean hate it, when I go through the line at Q-potle and ask for say, a chicken burrito bowl, and the person making it gives me a little-tiny spoonful of chicken and a whole bunch of rice and beans. I'm like, 'what? You got a chicken shortage back there? Give me some damn chicken!' And, then they are like, 'oh okay' and put on a couple more little pieces. I'm like really?! They just look at me-- with their gauges in their nose, blue hair, and neck tattoos. I am sure they wish they could retaliate-- but they can't behind the glass! Now give me more chicken!
      I used to go to Subway a lot and I never thought about what an advantage it is that they also work behind a glass! Nowhere to hide! Anyway, this 1 Subway would always put huge handfuls of lettuce then cheat me on black olives. "Would you like olives?", "Yes", then they'd put like 5 on my sub. "Could I get some more olives?", then another tiny handful. "Could I get a lot more olives?"..."Could I just come around and get the stupid olives myself?"
      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

If i have to send something back then i just dont order anything. One thing i cant stand is getting a free one of whtever i didnt like. I appreciate the offer but if im returning food then i dont have confidence that it will be right the second time
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
          If i have to send something back then i just dont order anything. One thing i cant stand is getting a free one of whtever i didnt like. I appreciate the offer but if im returning food then i dont have confidence that it will be right the second time
          I like that..."I lack confidence in this food."

It's the comment that turns chefs into heavy drinkers.......(ok, imagine it's just sparkling water or something similar)

Comment

Attitude probably has a lot to do with it. I've rarely had an issue such that caused me to send anything back. If a dish wasn't to my liking I've chalked it up to learning the menu at a particular place - there are never any guarantees and if they delivered what I ordered but I didn't like it, well, oh well.

For under-cooked / over-cooked items, if you are gracious with the server, it wasn't their fault after all, that my food came out that way, it usually pays dividends.

I think it's only a problem if you send food back to the kitchen at home. Then you know you're in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              Attitude probably has a lot to do with it. I've rarely had an issue such that caused me to send anything back. If a dish wasn't to my liking I've chalked it up to learning the menu at a particular place - there are never any guarantees and if they delivered what I ordered but I didn't like it, well, oh well.

For under-cooked / over-cooked items, if you are gracious with the server, it wasn't their fault after all, that my food came out that way, it usually pays dividends.

I think it's only a problem if you send food back to the kitchen at home. Then you know you're in trouble.
              Even if you cooked it yourself! You could end up grabbing yourself by the neck, demanding a refund!!

As for the other person who may be involved.......that is a very dangerous and unwise place to go!

Comment

Working...
              X