Looking For Puppy Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
    I did a lot of research on this and grew up with a mother that showed dogs and had multiple champion Akitas. I know a lot about dogs! You have to if you own Akitas.

I ended up doing a lot of research and there is no dog that meets your criteria other than a Basenji. It was not a 'cool' choice for me. Neither was a Corgi.

However, if you prefer one that is close to much of your criteria, an amazing watchdog and the most loyal breed. You will love an English Springer Spaniel-- as I love mine. What an amazing companion. They will always be under-foot, easy to train, allergy friendly, and they are clean. For our family, it was the perfect dog. I play fetch with mine every day. A tennis ball across the cul-de-sac.

Thx buddy! Lovely dog you have!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Good advice from both of you! Thanx!! I have definitely thought about Beagles.

Methinks poodles are trying to take over the world. Not particularly fussy!
      I vote beagle too…..or, one of the more exotic grub eating critters Housh and Lynch showed. Imagine an armadillo on a leash…just nudge him into a ball and off you go for your walk! I heard pedigree beagles do make nice pets – our dog is a beagle ridgeback mix, which is like a 50 pound beagle on steroids. I hope you decide on something, bud - let us know what you get. :thumb:
      To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
        I vote beagle too…..or, one of the more exotic grub eating critters Housh and Lynch showed. Imagine an armadillo on a leash…just nudge him into a ball and off you go for your walk! I heard pedigree beagles do make nice pets – our dog is a beagle ridgeback mix, which is like a 50 pound beagle on steroids. I hope you decide on something, bud - let us know what you get. :thumb:
        Based on what I am hearing, there must surely be some sort of "Armadilloodle" or "Armapoo" or Poodillo" out there.....
        Last edited by CanDB; 09-21-2017, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Based on what I am hearing, there must surely be some sort of "Armadilloodle" or "Armapoo" or Poodillo" out there.....
          Hey there you go! Genetic engineering the perfect pet for unique circumstances! Build-a-dog...out of other things!

Or you could do Virtual Dog! Just put on your goggles and enjoy your poop-less e-buddy! The neighbors might think you're a bit weird out in the front yard, crouching down to pet nothing.

Comment

Hey there you go! Genetic engineering the perfect pet for unique circumstances! Build-a-dog...out of other things!

Or you could do Virtual Dog! Just put on your goggles and enjoy your poop-less e-buddy! The neighbors might think you're a bit weird out in the front yard, crouching down to pet nothing.
            I luv it...all the joy minus the washroom duties!!! As for me and the neighbours....well now, I think we have already acquired that perception of myself.

Comment

French Bulldogs.... awesome little guys and right in the parameters you are looking for,

Downside... very expensive
              sigpic

Comment

I vote beagle too…..or, one of the more exotic grub eating critters Housh and Lynch showed. Imagine an armadillo on a leash…just nudge him into a ball and off you go for your walk!
                There is greeeat potential here I think.

Picture it, Can's wife feeding Herbert some scraps:

No searching the backyard with a shovel, Herbert uses an easy-to-clean litterbox in Can's bathroom:

Dirt rinses right off Herb's armor and he'll do it himself::

What if lions escape from the zoo? They'd make short work of a poodle or beagle, but not Herbert!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

The armadillo arguement is very persuasive... considering one myself now...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post

No searching the backyard with a shovel, Herbert uses an easy-to-clean litterbox in Can's bathroom:

Dirt rinses right off Herb's armor and he'll do it himself::

What if lions escape from the zoo? They'd make short work of a poodle or beagle, but not Herbert!

Funny stuff pal!! I mean, what's not to love????

*no offense, but I may not suggest to the wife*
                    Last edited by CanDB; 09-22-2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post

Dirt rinses right off Herb's armor and he'll do it himself

That's priceless! It could be the next great pet!

Let's market that bad boy! :thumb:

Comment

That's priceless! It could be the next great pet!

Let's market that bad boy! :thumb:
                        I know, Herbert's the best pet ever!!! So cuddly!

Comment

I know, Herbert's the best pet ever!!! So cuddly!
                          Herbert! That's awesome!

You know you need to do this, right?

Comment

Herbert! That's awesome!

You know you need to do this, right?
                            Yes...our buddy LM sure knows how to name 'em!

OK Gman....I'm doing it. BUT, can you put me up for a while, because my Wife will likely be giving me the boot....

Comment

Yes...our buddy LM sure knows how to name 'em!

OK Gman....I'm doing it. BUT, can you put me up for a while, because my Wife will likely be giving me the boot....

You got it!

Comment

You got it!
                                Oh and I forgot, I hope you like armadoodles or poodillos (you just never know).....or whatever we're calling them!! Just call out, "Herbert"!
                                Last edited by CanDB; 09-22-2017, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X