What Is a Boss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is a Boss?

My mom needs help. People are asking who her boss is, and she doesn't know how to respond. I hired her, DHS okayed it, the state pays her, but only I can fire her. So, who does she list?
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

The Governor!

Comment

Hmm. Maybe just list a government contractor…no boss per se, but an ongoing contractual arrangement between you and DHS.
      To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Is this like that "The Person Below Me Game"?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
          Is this like that "The Person Below Me Game"?

I thought it was ‘Who’s the Boss?'

Comment

Apparently I'm the "boss". Everytime I go to the store and ask some kid working there for help I get called boss.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
              My mom needs help. People are asking who her boss is, and she doesn't know how to respond. I hired her, DHS okayed it, the state pays her, but only I can fire her. So, who does she list?
              Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
              Hmm. Maybe just list a government contractor…no boss per se, but an ongoing contractual arrangement between you and DHS.
              I think it depends on who is asking her the question. If it's in a casual way, she can give a casual answer---My son. Or, Me.

If it's in an official capacity, I think Lum's answer is good. I was also thinking about independent contractor. Maybe ask DHS?
              Administrator
              sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Tell your mother your friend Peanut said she should start calling you 'boss' so everyone is clear.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                  I think it depends on who is asking her the question. If it's in a casual way, she can give a casual answer---My son. Or, Me.

If it's in an official capacity, I think Lum's answer is good. I was also thinking about independent contractor. Maybe ask DHS?
                  Independent contractor – that’s even better. :thumb:

I think Peanut wins.

Comment

Bruce Springsteen - that guy is the boss!
                    sigpic

Comment

It's a metal plate in the middle of a shield.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X