Are Guys With Beards Lazy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Guys With Beards Lazy?

Before you bearded dudes jump on me....no I do not think guys with beards are all lazy. In fact, those who trim them regularly probably spend more time on them than many of us who shave fairly regularly.

So why the title??

Because I am semi retired, I typically only need to shave when I work and if I am going somewhere fairly important....like a medical appointment. And I do not go for long because my wife does not like a shaggy look when we go out. But I must admit, the lazy dude in me loves it when I can get up, shower, and not shave....saves me a few minutes and the effort. Lazy!!

I've never had a full beard. Not my look. Most I've done for a long time is side burn related. I have a few times let it grow, and then toy with some varying looks....but never for long.

But yes, sometimes I think it would be nice to let it grow and grow....and not even lift the ole blade.

I don't know about guys being lazy, but I'd say a chic with a beard is probably lazy.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
      I don't know about guys being lazy, but I'd say a chic with a beard is probably lazy.
      I know when I opened your post that something "interesting" awaited!

Comment

Her lips look soft and supple.

sigpic

Comment

^^^^^^^ dang it.....this thread was a mistake.

Can I start over.....guys with beards are not lazy!

Comment

I've been able to rock a full beard since I was about 20 and I've taken advantage of this most of the time. Beards actually do take some effort to maintain so they don't look horrific. Some combing, trimming, and application of cream to keep it healthy. Honestly a big part of why I keep the beard is I don't enjoy shaving that much, but I like how I look with a beard, especially when it gets to full thickness. ( I can get the Paul Bunyan look going with flannel pretty easily. :thumb

So short answer is yes, probably that makes me lazy because shaving is too much of an inconvenience/hassle for me to do it regularly, long answer is yes but there is still some upkeep work and I happen to like how I look with it anyway.

I have always wondered if we will ever see a president again with full whiskers. I think since Taft all presidents have been clean shaven.
            A book I wrote

Comment

I've tried alot of different looks with my facial hair, and it's not a one size fits all answer to be honest. Some of these hipster beards you see are a ton of work, far more than shaving. Then you have the dudes that look like bums, that's lazy imo. I mostly dislike shaving because I was forced to do it everyday for four straight years in the service, with very limited opportunity to skip a day. In short I think a well groomed beard is as much or more work than shaving all things considered.
              Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

I agree with you folks....maintaining a good beard is work. Shaving is easier.....but some days I just feel the need to abstain.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                  Her lips look soft and supple.

YUUUMMMMmmmm!!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                    YUUUMMMMmmmm!!!!1
                    Yeah, I get it. Every once in a while you see something that makes you want a little alone time. :thumb:
                    sigpic

Comment

These beards might take a little effort.....

Comment

Beards and mountainous weather go hand in hand

I wont jump you, my facial hair may say something offensive
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I love beards man you can always tell when someone has good one that is well taken care of.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                            I love beards man you can always tell when someone has good one that is well taken care of.
                            A rare Chill sighting!!! This thread is paying dividends!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              A rare Chill sighting!!! This thread is paying dividends!
                              Haha I know right. 😄

I sadly don’t come around here as much as I would like too. I miss lot of you guys on here for me you all were like 2nd family to me. Many years ago you all helped me get past rough patch in my life now things are great for the most part. You have a special place in my heart. ❤️❤️
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X