Whats your biggest Pet peeve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey

I have noticed a trend here. We none of us like people who communicate badly.

Nothing worse than listening patiently, for quite a while, as someone goes on about something, dancing around the point, spewing out so many unneeded details that you begin to wonder if there is gonna be a test! Then they finally wind down, get to the point, and take a breath. Being the good listener that you are, you have not interupted them or interfered with their communication.

Then as you respond or retort or whatever, keeping in mind that you will stay focused on your point and be succinct, you notice the person you just listened to for 10 minutes is not really listening back. You can almost see them simply rehearsing in their head what it is they will say next, most likely the very moment you pause for a breath, and then bang! Sure enough, after only a short little beginning of a pertinent tale or exchange of information, they interrupt, and take up their old line of babble without having heard a word you said. You can listen to them without saying a word for another 10 minutes, until they wind down, and run out of steam.

Then as you attempt to respond, bam! They launch right into it again. If it is important to actually communicate something to this person, you find yourself asking them to listen. But within 3 sentances, they interrupt again. 3 more sentances, and only 3 to go, then I am out of here, and bam! They ask a stupid question about some obscure detail that has almost nothing to do with the information you are trying to convey. "My God" you think to yourself "will I never get to deliver my message and go?" You ask them politely again to please simply listen. As you quickly blurt out your final point to avoid more interruption, they then immediatly begin talking, and it is obvious they did not hear a word you said.

That is my pet peeve. People who are incapable of shutting off the yak in their heads long enough to actually participate in genuine communication.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

So!

I be a THREADKILLER!

That should not stop you guys and gals from telling honest truths here!
      - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE
        I be a THREADKILLER!

That should not stop you guys and gals from telling honest truths here!
        heres another one for me (my i have a few huh) some of the stupid threads we get after we lose a game during the season, i mean, there will be at least 5-10 fire shannys and or plummer.........5 champ should burn.............. among others. Thats always bugged me (i rarely come on after we lose a game now jus cuz of that.........i normally love conversing on gen dis. but when its all hate mail type stuff it isnt any fun )
        Bronco fan from Packer Land.
        Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
        Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

I guess mine would have to be when you attempt to change a babies diaper and you lay a pad down,roll up the sleeves,lay out 10 wipes,and keep the soiled products out of babies reach,and some how some way a spot of poop gets on your clothing or on the floor!...man that sucks!

Comment

Yea, i'm not a big fan of poop either.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Working...
            X