Stephen Hawking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Hawking

Never will we forget Stephen W. Hawking, the brilliant physicist....who died at the age of 76. In 1963 as a student he learned of his ALS condition, and that he was only to survive a few years. Lucky for us that he fought the much better fight, and as a result, the world was the winner.

Among other great quotes of his, I like this one:

"My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since then has been a bonus."

A couple more....

“My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.”

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Bless you sir!

Stephen Hawking transcended so many different divides. A brilliant cosmologist - I'll never forget that moment reading, 'A Brief History of Time' where he describes Hawking Radiation, or the particle evaporation of black holes. Completely mind blown.

Despite his physical limitations, he always maintained a legendary sense of humor and wit. Loved his cameo on the Simpsons where he shares a beer with Homer. RIP Stephen Hawking.

To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Another one:

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

R.I.P. Stephen Hawking

Comment

Long live a man who had it all: Fame, fortune, money, women, and humility/modesty. May he R.I.P.
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
        X