Anyone here do competitive shooting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here do competitive shooting?

I've been doing some research lately looking into Competitive (Non-professional) Long Range Shooting. I'm not much for hunting or handgun comp, but find this sport extremely interesting. Would love to eventually compete out to 1000 yards.

Does anyone here partake in LR Shooting?

I did a lot of competitive pistol shooting, and three gun matches ..nothing long range though, it is a discipline I would love to try
    sigpic

Comment

Did a bunch of research, but ended up stumbling on a Ruger Precision Tactical rifle this past week. Took it to the range yesterday. .5 to .25 in groups at 100 yards. Nothing to get excited about, but it shot well.

There is apparently a 300 yard range up north of Denver near Ft Collins that I was going to check out. I need to get a new scope though, as the previous owner put some sort of weird $400 chinese knock-off scope on it. Was incredibly difficult to see anything through.

My dad has been doing some amateur Skeet shooting that he loves. May try some of that eventually as well.

Comment

I have done a little skeet and trap. It’s fun.

To have a top notch long range gun it takes a lot of investment. Finding that one that is Isabel that doesn’t break the bank is the trick. And yes. Good glass is where the smart money is spent.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
          I've been doing some research lately looking into Competitive (Non-professional) Long Range Shooting. I'm not much for hunting or handgun comp, but find this sport extremely interesting. Would love to eventually compete out to 1000 yards.

Does anyone here partake in LR Shooting?
          Nothing competitive long range for me, but that does sound fun. :thumb: When my sister was in cosmetology school back in the day, she wound up with dozens of dummy heads with shaved hair. My Dad and I would go out to the desert and line these things up at a couple hundred yards, and pick them off with a 300 Win Mag. To be able to hit at 1000 yards would be an incredible skill.

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
          I have done a little skeet and trap. It’s fun.

To have a top notch long range gun it takes a lot of investment. Finding that one that is Isabel that doesn’t break the bank is the trick. And yes. Good glass is where the smart money is spent.
          Trap and skeet is tons of fun. Would love to join a league.
          To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Mostly just shooting myself in the foot
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Long range? Well, I have been known to shoot the moon now and then.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X