Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do Fries Seem Better.......

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why Do Fries Seem Better.......






    when wrapped in paper or in a metal container???

    Maybe it's just me....

  • #2
    Shrimp sauce?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
      Shrimp sauce?
      Haha....this is not part of the Answer My Question With A Question thread!!!!

      Actually I am sticking with ketchup or gravy on my fries.

      Comment


      • #4
        Further to.....milk shakes and metal containers are made in heaven!!

        Comment


        • #5
          An uncle of mine had a pizza shop in anoka. I used to love going to work with my dad so i could have lunch there. If i didnt have any money, he would let me wash dishes to pay for it and some change for the arcade.

          Long story short but the malts he made were old fashioned like in your pic Can. I usually needed as much cleanup as the dishes after tackling the goodness in the metal mixing cup
          Glen Haven Fire

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by armedequation View Post
            An uncle of mine had a pizza shop in anoka. I used to love going to work with my dad so i could have lunch there. If i didnt have any money, he would let me wash dishes to pay for it and some change for the arcade.

            Long story short but the malts he made were old fashioned like in your pic Can. I usually needed as much cleanup as the dishes after tackling the goodness in the metal mixing cup
            Sounds awesome!!!:thumb:

            Comment


            • #7
              It's the lead content in the paper's ink and metal containers. It's like crack.

              Comment


              • #8
                There you go again! Posting more food pictures!!!

                Do you know it's making it hard for us trying to loose some lbs a little harder? ;P

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                  It's the lead content in the paper's ink and metal containers. It's like crack.
                  I knew it was something!!

                  Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                  There you go again! Posting more food pictures!!!

                  Do you know it's making it hard for us trying to loose some lbs a little harder? ;P
                  I know...every time I post here I have to go for another work out!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                    An uncle of mine had a pizza shop in anoka. I used to love going to work with my dad so i could have lunch there. If i didnt have any money, he would let me wash dishes to pay for it and some change for the arcade.

                    Long story short but the malts he made were old fashioned like in your pic Can. I usually needed as much cleanup as the dishes after tackling the goodness in the metal mixing cup
                    Forgot to mention....my very first recollection of the beauty of chocolate milk shakes was when I was a kid, and my Aunt (rest her soul) took me to the local store for my first ever milk shake! They had this small counter for eating at, and the experience was never to be forgotten! And I always remembered the metal container that they served us. They would give you the container, along with a tall glass......and even though the glass was full, there was more left in the container to pour after a few good sips. It was amazing!
                    Last edited by CanDB; 04-02-2018, 12:37 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yes the stuff in the metal cup was magical. It was like finding that one present that was hiding behind the christmas tree after all was said and done.

                      Some would say that that was the best milkshake youll ever have and id respond with at least i had the best shake ever. People whos favorite shakes are from mcds are really missing out
                      Glen Haven Fire

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This thread makes me hungry!

                        Our local chippy used to serve chips in polystyrene trays - horrible!
                        Now at least they serve them in cardboard boxes so they are a little better.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                          This thread makes me hungry!

                          Our local chippy used to serve chips in polystyrene trays - horrible!
                          Now at least they serve them in cardboard boxes so they are a little better.
                          Hey J.....do they not serve proper fish and chips in a newspaper out your way?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            Hey J.....do they not serve proper fish and chips in a newspaper out your way?
                            Not in my town any more.
                            I remember it being that way in the 70s.
                            Sometimes when I go away to other places in Wales for the weekend or over the border you can get them the traditional way.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X