Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bless The Humboldt Broncos, Family and Friends

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bless The Humboldt Broncos, Family and Friends

    Tragically, last night a very serious accident took place, as the team bus for the Junior Hockey Team - The Humboldt Broncos (from Saskatchewan), was in a collision with a tractor-trailer, killing 15 of the hockey squad, including their head coach while injuring 14 others. The hockey community is mourning the loss, including the NHL, which is recognizing the team at NHL games today. It was beautifully done in Winnipeg tonight, with players on The Jets and The Black Hawks wearing "Broncos" on their sweaters, as they all gathered together to honour the team.

    Bless you all, and strength to families and friends.

    I want to share this sad but beautiful picture of 3 of the players, in hospital, as one.


  • #2
    I hope that God is with them and their families
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

    Comment


    • #3
      This hits too close to home. I know the intersection well enough. My heart is absolutely crushed right now. Thoughts are with the families right now. I couldn't ever imagine...
      Here's hoping Champ gets into the Hall First Ballot. He deserves it!

      Comment


      • #4
        So sad thoughts and prayers are with their loved ones! Get well for those who are injured.
        Ready for October Falls

        Comment


        • #5
          I am happy to see that the gofundme goal of $4.0M looks to be exceeded, as it currently stands at $3.3M. Also encouraging is all the love and support from Canadians and folks from all over the world. I am sure it matters to all those who have been affected by the tragedy.

          Comment


          • #6
            MGBWT-----------They are in our prayers.
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

            Comment


            • #7
              So far they've raised $3.4 million on a Go Fund Me account, that's been up for 1 day with the original goal being $10,000. The $3.4 million also doesn't include the money that several NHL teams have said they'll donate, nor the funds form 50/50 draws at last night's games that teams like Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and LA (at least) have already said they would donate in addition to their team donations.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                So far they've raised $3.4 million on a Go Fund Me account, that's been up for 1 day with the original goal being $10,000. The $3.4 million also doesn't include the money that several NHL teams have said they'll donate, nor the funds form 50/50 draws at last night's games that teams like Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and LA (at least) have already said they would donate in addition to their team donations.
                Yes....I am proud of all the community involvement, and what The NHL is doing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I saw this on SC last night. Some interviews were heartbreaking.

                  Thoughts and prayers to all.
                  Administrator

                  Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

                  Lupus Awareness

                  "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Very sad what happened to them.




                    Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The Go Fund Me is now over $3.8 million, the current goal is $4 million, it would seem that it will fly past there. A little over 56,100 people have donated towards this. Amazing how many people have gotten behind this.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Happy to report that the fund has just surpassed the $4 million goal! Lets see it climb to $5M and more!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          Happy to report that the fund has just surpassed the $4 million goal! Lets see it climb to $5M and more!!!
                          Just checked, it's now north of $4.4 million. The fact that both sports stations broadcast the Humboldt community tribute tonight probably helped.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                            Just checked, it's now north of $4.4 million. The fact that both sports stations broadcast the Humboldt community tribute tonight probably helped.
                            There's much, much more to this than the money being raised, but I am now happy to report that they have exceeded the $5M mark.....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              There's much, much more to this than the money being raised, but I am now happy to report that they have exceeded the $5M mark.....
                              Now over $6.3 million. And again I'm not sure that includes any of the donations being made by the NHL or it's teams?

                              As for the tragedy, the news today of two victims being misidentified was gut wrenching. The parents of Parker Tobin were sitting bedside with whom they thought was their son (the player's face is so swelled and cut up it's unrecognizable) only to be told by the coroner yesterday that in fact they had made a mistake and their son had been killed in the accident. The player who's bed they were actually at Xavier Labelle, had been reported as deceased, only for his parents to learn that he is actually alive.

                              http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...oner-1.4611045

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X