migraine sufferers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
    These things still suck so bad. The dosage to my imitrex was increased a while back and I was given something for the nausea which helps quite a bit. They were getting better for a long time, but the last 3 months have been rough because they keep returning. Not sure if it's stress or a food trigger or both.

Went to bed early last night to be prepared for today - because I wanted to be alert and focused and instead was up from midnight to about 4 am, alternating between heat and ice. It's eased enough that I'm good to go now, so guess the medicine helps. But migraines suck so bad.

What I've noticed recently is I get one every time I eat something with Peanut Butter. I did not have any Peanut Butter yesterday, but I'm just figuring out that appears to be a trigger - I live off peanut butter, now like pop tarts and red wine - looks like I have to give it up.
    I'm sorry you're still going through this. Glad the meds are helping.

Peanut butter has been my "comfort" food the last couple of months. I just found out that it's the same for hubby. We were wondering why the peanut butter was disappearing. Do you think a different nut butter would be okay for you?
    Administrator
    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Peanut butter has been my "comfort" food the last couple of months. I just found out that it's the same for hubby. We were wondering why the peanut butter was disappearing. Do you think a different nut butter would be okay for you?
      Did you reply because she was eating your delicious cousins, aunts and uncles?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
        These things still suck so bad. The dosage to my imitrex was increased a while back and I was given something for the nausea which helps quite a bit. They were getting better for a long time, but the last 3 months have been rough because they keep returning. Not sure if it's stress or a food trigger or both.

Went to bed early last night to be prepared for today - because I wanted to be alert and focused and instead was up from midnight to about 4 am, alternating between heat and ice. It's eased enough that I'm good to go now, so guess the medicine helps. But migraines suck so bad.

What I've noticed recently is I get one every time I eat something with Peanut Butter. I did not have any Peanut Butter yesterday, but I'm just figuring out that appears to be a trigger - I live off peanut butter, now like pop tarts and red wine - looks like I have to give it up.
        Sucks that you're going through that. Almonds and salmon were two of my triggers. Two things I ate religiously. It didn't happen all the time though, but the fact that I couldn't predict when the food would trigger a migraine was frustrating.

Comment

Me too! Has always been a comfort food! Thank you for asking that question. I had not thought about trying something else, like maybe Almond Butter. Not sure how similar the two are, but it might help ease the pain of having to give up peanut butter a little.

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
          Peanut knows how delicious they are

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
          Sucks that you're going through that. Almonds and salmon were two of my triggers. Two things I ate religiously. It didn't happen all the time though, but the fact that I couldn't predict when the food would trigger a migraine was frustrating.
          Seems like for a food to be a trigger, it's always something we love to eat often. I would have never thought peanut butter was an issue until I tested going without it. With me, seems like once something's a trigger it is always a trigger. It kicks in pretty quick with the few foods I've found to be triggers. Even if it didn't happen every time though, no food is worth it...
          sigpic
          Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
          Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
          Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
          Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
            Me too! Has always been a comfort food! Thank you for asking that question. I had not thought about trying something else, like maybe Almond Butter. Not sure how similar the two are, but it might help ease the pain of having to give up peanut butter a little.

Peanut knows how delicious they are

Seems like for a food to be a trigger, it's always something we love to eat often. I would have never thought peanut butter was an issue until I tested going without it. With me, seems like once something's a trigger it is always a trigger. It kicks in pretty quick with the few foods I've found to be triggers. Even if it didn't happen every time though, no food is worth it...
            Lots of nut butters to choose from. Sunflower, walnut, pecan, cashew, macadamia and, of course, hazelnut (with chocolate). I've had hazelnut and almond. Not too bad. Hope you find one you like that doesn't trigger migraines.
            Administrator
            sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Lots of nut butters to choose from. Sunflower, walnut, pecan, cashew, macadamia and, of course, hazelnut (with chocolate). I've had hazelnut and almond. Not too bad. Hope you find one you like that doesn't trigger migraines.
              Thank you, Peanut! I'll be honest I had no idea there was such a variety, but intend to try a couple and see how it goes.
              sigpic
              Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Working...
              X