NFL Football Players You Have Met?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Football Players You Have Met?

I have been fortunate to meet a number of NFL Football players and talk with them. Nothing in depth, just more than a hand shake and autograph. These are some cool memories. For example, when I was a kid I worked at a Taco Bell and Atlanta Falcons linebacker Fulton Kuykendall would come in all the time-- I mean a lot-- dude loved Taco Bell! Falcons Cetner Jeff Van Note would too and he was at almost every HS Football game. They were just seemed like regular guys trying to make a living playing football. I also got to watch a game with Dick Butkus in the WGN box in Soldier Field. He was super nice. I am sure there have been others like Steve Sewell and Bob Baumhower (1970's undefeated Dolphins) come to mind.

What NFL players have you met outside of fanfare? Any good stories?
    sigpic

I ran into Jim mora in Denver. He saw the bunch of us drunk Canadians after he game and quickly thrived to retreat from the elevator... too late, haha.

He was petrified but laughing with us all at once...ya we did the playoffs thing.... you just have to don’t you?

On another trip to Denver I ran into Dungee out for a jog... he is a very pleasant person.. and I was sober and alone....lol.

Donique foxworth was the only one that came over and signed a ball on my first trip there... he was great.
    sigpic

Comment

The Trio of Gronkowski brothers, and Big Ben. They were where I was working, and let's just say Ben is superstitious.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
        I ran into Jim mora in Denver. He saw the bunch of us drunk Canadians after he game and quickly thrived to retreat from the elevator... too late, haha.

He was petrified but laughing with us all at once...ya we did the playoffs thing.... you just have to don’t you?

On another trip to Denver I ran into Dungee out for a jog... he is a very pleasant person.. and I was sober and alone....lol.

Donique foxworth was the only one that came over and signed a ball on my first trip there... he was great.
        I want to get drunk and mumble 'play-owffs' at Jim Mora! That is on my bucket list now! :thumb:
        sigpic

Comment

Ran into Brandon Stokley downtown. Saw the back of his head and shouted "Stoke!" and he turned around and shook my hand and gave me that 1 armed bro-hug thing. I don't get star struck often, but for some reason I dorked out on that.

Comment

Never met any players. I once saw Shanahan at a Super Salad .... had my my favorite Broncos sweatshirt on I remember and really wanted to hit him up for an autograph, but I was a little star struck and didn't want to bother him, so I didn't. I always liked him though...
            sigpic
            Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Last Friday I ran into Mr. and Mrs. Tom Brady. His NYC apartment is 15 minutes from where I work, which I didn't know until that encounter. I didn't speak to him but we exchanged non-verbal what's ups. I may return there during my lunch break to remind him that he fumbled lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                I want to get drunk and mumble 'play-owffs' at Jim Mora! That is on my bucket list now! :thumb:

It was kind of awesome... the poor guy..., hahha

And there was no mumbling it....
                sigpic

Comment

While in Denver for a game, my wife and I bumped into two top tier players at a street corner, and exchanged a few words.....Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry.

Oh wait....they're NHLers!

Maybe if I go to an Avalanche game, I might meet some NFLers…...

Comment

When I was a kid Daryle Lamonica came and talked to our class here in Lakewood Co ... IIRC, he talked about policemen being our friends.

I also did a few business transactions with Ken Lanier, nice guy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Surprisingly... living where I do, I've met quite a few. Right before Justin Bannon signed with us a few years ago I met him and told him to consider us. I like to take credit for him going to Denver. It's part of the industry I'm in that I've also met a lot of the local MMA fighters and Kings' players.

My favorite though... Mike Perierra... former head of NFL Refs, now with Fox. He was a regular and a hoot to talk to about anything and everything!
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Working...
                      X