God Bless Senator John McCain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God Bless Senator John McCain

Very sad news. John McCain has passed away today, at the age of 81.

This man is a legend.....of courage and patriotism. He was a special person. A leader. A true hero in every sense. An honest and classy individual, who served his country like few others. He stood for what he believed. He went the extra miles. And he did so.....the right way.

Bless you sir.

RIP, John McCain.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.
    Administrator
    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

He was a great man. :usa:

Rest in Peace.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Here's to a class act May he R.I.P.
        Last edited by HUMCALC; 08-26-2018, 12:09 PM.
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

RIP McCain. He leaves a great legacy and set an example that all politicians should strive for.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

One of the very rare politicians who had the courage and conviction to reach across aisles to get things done. A war hero who refused to leave captivity until the other POW's were also released.

He'll leave a lasting legacy, for sure. :usa:
            To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

This has been a special week of tributes to the man. What says it better than two Presidents honouring him today, from both parties.

Not important, but tonight SNL will be playing the October, 2002 show, when he was the guest host. I can't even remember him being on the show. I will tune in tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                This has been a special week of tributes to the man. What says it better than two Presidents honouring him today, from both parties.

Not important, but tonight SNL will be playing the October, 2002 show, when he was the guest host. I can't even remember him being on the show. I will tune in tonight.
                I watched some of the funeral this morning, and that last eulogy by Obama cut to the core and had me tearing up a little.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                  I watched some of the funeral this morning, and that last eulogy by Obama cut to the core and had me tearing up a little.
                  No doubt! Obama is one of the finest orators of our time. He has a classic traditional style. Love the way he ties your history together when assessing situations and people. And it was cool to hear how he and McCain would have quiet chats together, and talk about politics and family, and have some laughs as well. That's what you always remember about people.

And though I am not a huge fan of Bush speeches, I thought his message was also solid. I like him more and more these days. I think it's great that those men and their families are pretty close now, in their post Presidential days.

BTW...I did watch SNL, and though the show was 16 years ago, it looked much older. But McCain clearly had a sense of humour, and a willingness to play along. And since his passing, I have learned so much more about his magnitude of journeys in life, including many that most of us would not venture into. He was a man for all seasons in my opinion, with a great appetite for living.
                  Last edited by CanDB; 09-02-2018, 10:13 AM.

Comment

RIP John McCain.
                    sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                      I watched it, too. W's eulogy was great, too. It is very cool that McCain planned the whole thing before he passed away. Nice work. Requiescat in pace, John McCain. :usa:
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                      X