Horrible Job Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible Job Stories

What's good, Sportsfans? I don't know if there is a thread about job stories/complaints/gross happenings in the workplace... any kind of bar-room story that a bro might share with another bro (or sis as the case may be). I work in a restaurant and have had many great experiences. I have also seen my share of the gross, vile, obscene, and the strange. Post anything you wish! I hope to entertain and be entertained!

Jesus Saves!
    -Daniel

When I was 16 and working at Applebees... I made a birthday icecream for a customer and a fellow coworker put soy sauce in the icecream and I mistook it for chocolate syrup. I served it. Customer wasn't happy.

In all my years in the restaraunt industry, that is about as gross as it got.

Comment

Originally posted by HorseHelmet View Post
      What's good, Sportsfans? I don't know if there is a thread about job stories/complaints/gross happenings in the workplace... any kind of bar-room story that a bro might share with another bro (or sis as the case may be). I work in a restaurant and have had many great experiences. I have also seen my share of the gross, vile, obscene, and the strange. Post anything you wish! I hope to entertain and be entertained!

Jesus Saves!
      -Daniel
      I am going to think about it, but hoping this does not turn into a place to make me not want to go to restaurants ever again!!!!

I can tell you about one horrible boss. However I try to forget that person's impact on my life. Unfairness is part of life, if you live long enough. But there are many, many good stories to dwell on, including good bosses. It's how you handle the bad situations that often makes your life so much more meaningful. Making the right decisions, one at a time.

Comment

Last job I had the owner was too old to over see anything and went on an extended vacation at his vacay house in Arizona with his controlling wife. That left a void for 2nd in command and thus a power struggle ensued. Well unfortunately the wrong person won since she was besties with the controlling wife who could manipulate the owner into naming an assistant to the owner. During the power struggle sides were chosen and if you chose the wrong side you got canned. Well, everyone who chose the losing side got canned and that meant a lot of people who helped build the company from day 1. I stayed neutral but once she took over it was crap. Then she set her sights on me and then I was canned. Thank God because I hated that job and loathed going in every morning

Comment

We are off to a fantastic start! I just got in from a rough shift. Let me tell something incredible. I live in Abingdon, Maryland. About 40 minutes from Baltimore. A lady from Baltimore came in for breakfast and she left her purse behind. She goes all the way back home only to make the shocking discovery. She calls us and tells us she is coming all the way back. All this happened during the morning shift. I came in for the afternoon shift. The time passes and eventually my boss leaves. He locked the purse in the office. The lady finally comes in and she is furious because she can't get her purse. She is mad at us and my boss. So I went next door to the gas station and got a screwdriver and unscrewed the lock latch on the door jam. I got her purse and put the lock stuff back together. Later that night my store manager and my district manager came back to set up night shift. Neither one of them brought their keys. The district manager said, "Hey Daniel, can you produce that screwdriver again?" So I gave it to him and he took out the bolts and behold (this is an amazingly stupid punchline)... in the locked office... in an unlocked safe... was the key to the restaurant.

Comment

Working...
          X