Such a good mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such a good mother

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama (AP) -- A woman angry with her 12-year-old daughter for having sex forced the girl to drink bleach and sat on her until the child died, a police detective said.

The girl's 9-year-old brother was forced to watch the attack, Detective Warren Cotton testified Thursday in a preliminary hearing for Tunisia Archie, 31.

Archie is charged with capital murder in the asphyxiation death of her daughter Jasmine. If convicted, she could be sentenced to death or life in prison without parole.

Cotton said Archie, who has been jailed without bond since shortly after her daughter's Nov. 26 death, told authorities she was disturbed because "her daughter told her that she was no longer a virgin."

She said she poured bleach into Jasmine's mouth and the child vomited, he said, then sat on her until she stopped breathing, Cotton testified.

Archie forced Jasmine's 9-year-old brother Jacorey to watch the attack and "told him that if he shed a tear that she was going to kill him, too," Cotton testified.
    Oh yeah, she'll learn, because SHE'S DEAD!

So what if she had sex at 12? Well, I guess that's a bit young, but why kill her? To teach her a lesson!

It's people like this who shouldn't be allowed to have children.

Wow, thats just sad... If I was allowed to kill one person in the world right now, it would be her.
    sigpic

Comment

only in alabama i suppose?

Talk about religious zealots....

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by GoChargers
        Oh yeah, she'll learn, because SHE'S DEAD!

So what if she had sex at 12? Well, I guess that's a bit young, but why kill her? To teach her a lesson!

It's people like this who shouldn't be allowed to have children.
        It's people like her that should be burned at the stake.
        Originally posted by boltzpride619
        What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
        True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Does it show a picture at the source where you got this?
          sigpic

Comment

thats just messed up. how can someone do that to their own children?
            and that poor lil boy who had to watch it..

Comment

This is just horrible. What is wrong with people?
              Broncos Girl for Life

Comment

In a sense you guys are relatively lucky with you rjustice system in case like this. There's a case that's just finished in the courts over here about a couple that killed a 3 year old boy that they had been offered for adoption because 'He wasn't bright enough!!!!!!!

The courts were unable to determine if the boy had died of salt poisoning or a blow to the head. They were sentenced to 5 years for manslaughter. What a perverted, sick joke of a justice system is that.

Anybody who harms a child, once all legal recourse has been followed to the fullest, should just be taken out and shot.

Of course the only problem with that is a woman over here who, after having lost her 3rd child to what's called 'Cot Death' over here was sentenced for murder on the basis of evidence from a so called expert, who in short said

' One cot deaths a tragedy, two a coincidnce and three murder' without any examination of genetics or family history. So I suppose you've got to give 'em a chance to appeal.
                Last edited by Peanut; 05-18-2012, 02:53 PM.
                The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
                  In a sense you guys are relatively lucky with you rjustice system in case like this. There's a case that's just finished in the courts over here about a couple that killed a 3 year old boy that they had been offered for adoption because 'He wasn't bright enough!!!!!!!!!!

The courts were unable to determine if the boy had died of salt poisoning or a blow to the head. They were sentenced to 5 years for manslaughter. What a perverted, sick joke of a justice system is that.

Anybody who harms a child, once all legal recourse has been followed to the fullest, should just be taken out and shot.

Of course the only problem with that is a woman over here who, after having lost her 3rd child to what's called 'Cot Death' over here was sentenced for murder on the basis of evidence from a so called expert, who in short said

' One cot deaths a tragedy, two a coincidnce and three murder' without any examination of genetics or family history. So I suppose you've got to give 'em a chance to appeal.
                  Sorry to say, but I wouldn't be too suprised if this woman got away with it...however, it doesn't help her chances being in alabama I suppose, but regardless, law in this country doesn't work nearly as well as it could....the court system to me at least, seems to be a he said she said type of thing where everybody's voice HAS to be heard, or something will scream harassment.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                    no, europe brought us the guy who kept a young girl in a cage in his basement. then got jailed for some minor issue and kept quiet while the girl starved to death. unlike us barbarians, they're against the death penalty over there so he'll get to spend his days reading books and watching television. meanwhile the girl is still dead.

the most prolific killers of human history were secular (stalin/mao)
                    Last edited by mattos; 01-18-2005, 07:09 AM.
                    sigpic
                    go broncos
                    share the sidewalk
                    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by mattos

the most prolific killers of human history were secular (stalin/mao)
                      I don't see how that changes this situation.
                      I didn't make a generalization...i spoke in regards to this specific case...clearly, the mother was preturbed by her daughter's pre-marital affairs..values she probably received at church.
                      Someone who is so fanatic in their religious beliefs as to kill their own daughter is a religious zealot, plain and simple...it's no knock on religion, rather certain people who follow any particular religion.

Comment

Unfortunately it is not only in Alabama. We are hearing crimes against children in every state. When our country decides to start punishing these people then maybe things like this will stop happening.

Umm, where do you get religion in this?
                        Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by luvdembroncs
                          Unfortunately it is not only in Alabama. We are hearing crimes against children in every state. When our country decides to start punishing these people then maybe things like this will stop happening.
                          True, but i have yet to hear of a story quite as horrible as this and with such circumstances.

Comment

True, but i have yet to hear of a story quite as horrible as this and with such circumstances.
                            i don't know, i think the european example i just gave was equally bad.

as to the religious issue, all i was trying to say was that when someone does something crazy like this don't kneejerk and say it was for religous reasons, since we don't have facts to that effect. crazy people do crazy things whether they are religious or not.
                            sigpic
                            go broncos
                            share the sidewalk
                            liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19

???

That's not testimony, that's opinion. Some families have a higher predisposition to SIDS. Without a medical history or a genetic test, I can't see how that expert wasn't ripped to shreds in cross examination.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                              You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                              X