• Show
Clear All

• Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
      Where is it???!!!

Comment

• I was asked to do something I've never done before.....

I took the dog for her evening walk. I passed thru the outside parking and into the nearby park. The dog did #1. I gave her a treat and then I heard a voice from the condo next door, 4th floor. "Pick it up!" I looked and there was what appeared to be an older fellow on his balcony. Then I put it together and started walking in his general direction. I elevated my voice a little and said, "She peed. She did #1."

He did not say anything but eventually got up and went in. No apology. Guys like him give us older dudes a bad name.

Now I have to study up. I guess I missed the class on picking up pee.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          I was asked to do something I've never done before.....

I took the dog for her evening walk. I passed thru the outside parking and into the nearby park. The dog did #1. I gave her a treat and then I heard a voice from the condo next door, 4th floor. "Pick it up!" I looked and there was what appeared to be an older fellow on his balcony. Then I put it together and started walking in his general direction. I elevated my voice a little and said, "She peed. She did #1."

He did not say anything but eventually got up and went in. No apology. Guys like him give us older dudes a bad name.

Great story, lol.
          Why can't you pick it up?

Comment

• Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
            Great story, lol.
            Why can't you pick it up?
            I have to say it.....old, grouchy farts give old farts like me a bad reputation!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              I was asked to do something I've never done before.....

He's probably one of those morons that has never owned a dog and doesn't know the difference that female dogs squat their rear end to do #1 and from his 4th floor balcony he thought she was doing #2. And if he's an "older fella" like me there's a good chance he wasn't wearing his glasses.
              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                He's probably one of those morons that has never owned a dog and doesn't know the difference that female dogs squat their rear end to do #1 and from his 4th floor balcony he thought she was doing #2. And if he's an "older fella" like me there's a good chance he wasn't wearing his glasses.
                Guys like him make me look and feel young.

True what you say, he may not know the difference between a male and a female....but man, he had about 80 years or more to figure that out!!

Next time I "pick up" after our dog, I might leave him a little present to show my appreciation for his concern and excellent advice!!.

Comment

• Had an EKG the other day. Had them before. This time the nice, young technician did a smaller version of he 40 Year Old Virgin on my chest. It wasn't much, but there was a quick intensity to it. Luckily it should grow back before I start going on tropical trips anytime soon! Maybe it's time to shave it off, and "try" to be cool.

Comment

• Among other worthy endeavours, like being kind and generous and supportive and positive, maybe wake up tomorrow and be a more critical thinker (if you aren't there already). Think things through, without bias of source or message. Compare. Research. Always aim for the truth!:thumb:

Comment

• Hope you all have been well during this crazy time period. Just a note of encouragement: do something for somebody every single day, be kind when others aren't, say hi to a stranger, and don't ever compare where you're at to where somebody else is. You are right where you are supposed to be. What is the message behind that? You can write the story!
                      Twitter: @CodyRoarkNFL Youtube: CodyRoarkNFL

Comment

• Originally posted by CodyRoarkNFL View Post
                        Hope you all have been well during this crazy time period. Just a note of encouragement: do something for somebody every single day, be kind when others aren't, say hi to a stranger, and don't ever compare where you're at to where somebody else is. You are right where you are supposed to be. What is the message behind that? You can write the story!
                        Great attitude!!!

Comment

• Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

• When the covid situation was almost at a peak, we "older folks", decided to use Walmart's Click and Collect process for getting our groceries. We had to wait about a week for the order, and when I showed up and called in, found out that our order was cancelled. It was the night before Easter, and supplies were getting low. I felt that our local and national Walmart left us hanging, as in, "too bad". "Try again". So we did, with another store, and we had to await a full 2nd week to receive our order.

I was unhappy, because we were told at the time to be wise, social distance, etc. I was willing to shop in a store, but decided to cut back for a while. But Walmart seemed to be saying, they were not responsible. Not in so many words.

Anyway....we just received a $25 'e' voucher from Walmart, for the inconvenience. And we are thankful. We used it same day, because we need a few things, and we appreciate the gesture.

In my career, which was partly in customer service, I learned a key stat or two. That if a company causes a customer a small to medium sized problem, and does a good job to fix it, the customer is even more likely to remain as a customer. And as far back as I can remember (unless it has changed in recent years), almost 70% of the reason customers stay loyal is attributed to customer service.

So good on you Walmart. Never too late! It's not so much what you gave us, but the thought that matters. :thumb:
                            Last edited by CanDB; 06-04-2020, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• ^^^^^she is fantastic!!!

Comment

• This video isn't a left vs right or vice versa. It's about understanding why our system is broken and how we can change it to get RESULTS. Mods .....please leave this up. It's not divisive. It's just educational. It's a shame there's no real appropriate forum to put this in. I love my Bronco brothers and want to help them be better Americans. I want to be a better American.
                                Last edited by Peanut; 06-18-2020, 01:54 PM. Reason: Removing link.
                                Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

Working...
                                X