The "Anything Goes" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    This video isn't a left vs right or vice versa. It's about understanding why our system is broken and how we can change it to get RESULTS. Mods .....please leave this up. It's not divisive. It's just educational. It's a shame there's no real appropriate forum to put this in. I love my Bronco brothers and want to help them be better Americans. I want to be a better American.
    As you notice, I have removed the link so that we (mods) can discuss it.

We had a P&R forum that was closed. Here's the most recent discussion on that subject.

Thanks for understanding. We will get back to you.
    Administrator
    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• No problem thx Peanut
      Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

• Comment

• This year has been a challenging one for most of us. Thankfully my wife and I have enjoyed a beautiful summer so far, through walks in the adjacent park, the balcony and otherwise.

And even if we are not "way high up", there is nothing like stepping out on the balcony late at night, and enjoying the warmth, and the scenery of the night's sky, feeling safe and comfortable. Fortunately for us, we have had few storms, whereas other parts of our province have been under siege, including floods and so on. The other night I went out to watch the passing storm, which looked a bit ominous, though 30 or more miles away. But it was a thing of beauty from a distance, as the upper layer of the storm clouds was low enough that the moon snuck over top, as if sitting upon it.....all this while lightning was actively generated just below, in the storm cloud the moon was resting on.

I took a few pics, and sure enough, someone posted almost the identical picture on the weather site soon after.

Never saw such a scene before.

Comment

• I find it funny and interesting that I (yes, I admit it) and so many others use Bitmoji to create a mini me, and use it more often than makes sense. I guess that's our alter 'mini' ego. Maybe not so mini!!!

Comment

• It's good that we don't try to use various motivational phrases in our day to day dialogue. These ones are common to sports, and sometimes work or school or whenever motivation is a plus.

"Go for it".....not so good advice if your hat just flew into a raging river.

"Dig deep"...not the best idea when starting a garden.

"Give 110% (or even more).....no matter how hard we try, it's still impossible to do.

"No pain no gain"....outside of muscles, not sure you really want to push that idea. I can't remember a broken bone I've had that made me a better person.

"Go the extra mile"....say you were driving towards a cliff.

Or as Yogi Berra might say:

- 90% of the game is half mental

- It's not too far; it just seems like it is

- Pitching always beats batting — and vice-versa.

- If you don't know where you're going, you'll end up someplace else

- You can observe a lot by just watching

Haha, I just wanted to throw in some Yogi stuff. One of my fav people!

Comment

• Sutton
                Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

Sutton
                  Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                    Awesome, thanks for sharing.
                    NP Peerless

I should have linked this one because Courtland gets more face time.

Also ......there's a link on youtube of Bruce Smith's end round with an all time highlight of the FF. But I can't post here because well .....
                    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

• Snake/Cobra???????

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        Snake/Cobra???????

lol Everyone was like WHA??? Even the host apologized lol
                        Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

lol Everyone was like WHA??? Even the host apologized lol
                          Maybe it was a 5,000 pound snake!!!

Comment

• Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

• I like the concept of being on the right side of history, though I understand that it is a wide open topic, and it often takes years, maybe decades before we have a firmer grip on what was right, at least based on group consensus.

I like to think I get it right a lot of the time, but do not a have perfect track record. I believe I have come up short when I have been too stubborn, or too lazy to research, or just not aware.

But I also believe there is some real value and merit for the meaning of the saying, especially in important matters. And I assess that most of the key factors involved include the need to protect deserved freedoms and justice, and to maintain respectfulness. It's about me, but it's more about we.

Are there gray areas? Absolutely. But at the end of the day, I hope I am more on the right side, then the side that did not keep my eyes open to the truth, and the objectivity required. It's ok to error, but with well intentioned effort, rather than not try at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                I like the concept of being on the right side of history, though I understand that it is a wide open topic, and it often takes years, maybe decades before we have a firmer grip on what was right, at least based on group consensus.

I like to think I get it right a lot of the time, but do not a have perfect track record. I believe I have come up short when I have been too stubborn, or too lazy to research, or just not aware.

But I also believe there is some real value and merit for the meaning of the saying, especially in important matters. And I assess that most of the key factors involved include the need to protect deserved freedoms and justice, and to maintain respectfulness. It's about me, but it's more about we.

Are there gray areas? Absolutely. But at the end of the day, I hope I am more on the right side, then the side that did not keep my eyes open to the truth, and the objectivity required. It's ok to error, but with well intentioned effort, rather than not try at all.
                                Now saying that, I have been on the wrong side in other situations as well:

Comment

Working...
                                X