Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Anything Goes" Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So my wife actually messed up (not me this time) and put a remote in the wash. Wondered why the loud wash!

    Sure enough, the ole rice wrap got the moisture out, and it works again! Pretty sweet.

    Lucky it wasn't me trying to fix it...I probably would have added soya sauce.

    Comment


    • It's my wife's fault........for me gaining a few pounds of late. She keeps baking, bread, cookies, muffins, cake, pies. Not my fault!

      Now I have to do some extra workouts, and modify my baking intake. I'll get this right in a couple of weeks, but cmon!

      So cruel of her......

      Comment


      • I think some folks like to muddy the waters with their version of the truth, as it gives them a false sense of being correct, no matter how ill advised. Or they accept whatever certain types tell them, because they like the sound of it......though substance is basically lacking. The "truth" is, sometimes there is only one version of it. The argument about multiple sides to it do not apply just because one feels like it. Sorry, but things like 2 plus 2 still equal 4.....unless you are an alien of sorts. Or if the person you worship states it, I suppose.

        So for example, if you are caught driving 100 in a 60 zone, don't argue. Just accept it, like we should accept the truth that does not always align with what we want to hear.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          It's my wife's fault........for me gaining a few pounds of late. She keeps baking, bread, cookies, muffins, cake, pies. Not my fault!

          Now I have to do some extra workouts, and modify my baking intake. I'll get this right in a couple of weeks, but cmon!

          So cruel of her......
          Every time I feel like I'm getting back on track with eating and workouts, my work sends out another huge box of gourmet cookies. It's not their fault though either. I blame my metabolism.
          sigpic
          Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
          Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
          Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
          Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

            Every time I feel like I'm getting back on track with eating and workouts, my work sends out another huge box of gourmet cookies. It's not their fault though either. I blame my metabolism.
            ENJOY.....you can work out anytime, but those fabulous cookies are not always close by!!

            Comment


            • So much to be thankful for....

              Improving leadership (from my little perch). Pandemic almost under control (lets be wise). Good family and friends.

              Another great cup of coffee (after another)!

              Life is good!

              Comment


              • Freedom is the ability to speak honestly (and yes, with evidence of good judgement) and not feel obligated or overly influenced by the oft overrated popular but not necessarily correct response.

                Comment




                • Sending you all a Christmas movie you may or may not have seen, stars Henry Winkler/aka Fonzy, stumbled upon it several years ago and has become a favorite.

                  Cheers


                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXa1JaLNq0w

                  An American Christmas Carol




                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

                    Sending you all a Christmas movie you may or may not have seen, stars Henry Winkler/aka Fonzy, stumbled upon it several years ago and has become a favorite.

                    Cheers


                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXa1JaLNq0w

                    An American Christmas Carol



                    Thx pal!!!

                    Comment


                    • Footprints in the snow, always telling a story, some long stories, some very short......****####^^^@@@@@%%%%%+++======;;;;::::://///>>>>><<<<<< with out speaking, do I make any sense????????

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                        Footprints in the snow, always telling a story, some long stories, some very short......****####^^^@@@@@%%%%%+++======;;;;::::://///>>>>><<<<<< with out speaking, do I make any sense????????
                        I like it! It makes total sense to me. Some "journeys" are very direct. Some not so much. Shorter or longer steps. Indecision. One or more involved. Relaxed or possibly with more urgency. Different treads. Different species. Different purpose.

                        Unlike when there is no obvious evidence of movement, when the grounds are clear, footprints are like the evidence we have with words on paper. When clear, it is like a million thoughts that we can not hear.....but the snow gives us some story to work with.

                        Ask those who know the woods or who spend much of their time in the wilderness, and they will tell you so much more story about those footprints.
                        Last edited by CanDB; 01-24-2022, 08:06 AM.

                        Comment


                        • This one is* dangit..... I forgot something>>>>>>
                          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<^^^^
                          Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 01-24-2022, 08:09 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Trips down memory lane.

                            https://www.youtube.com/c/RecollectionRoad

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X