X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

Sometimes the owners don't know either. I once took a male cat to the vet to be spade, was shocked to learn she was a he.
    Well it's sure good that someone knew the score in that case!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I know. Take the risk out of life. "It" works. The dog doesn't know.

Haha...I mentioned once before here, but this brings back memories of how some folks misunderstand dogs. Like the old dude who called out to me from his condo suite "pick it up" when he saw my dog take a pee just outside the property. I was never trained how to pick up pee before....

I mean, say what????

Sometimes the owners don't know either. I once took a male cat to the vet to be spade, was shocked to learn she was a he.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    National Drink Wine Day

Oh good, at least I can explain one day I drank wine since the pandemic!!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    At this ripe age, I am still very much in awe of space travel. I can not fathom how you can build a craft to travel hundreds of millions of miles, and land it perfectly... onto Mars in this case. Congratz NASA!!

And well done "Percy"! As the saying goes...a little Perseverance goes a long way.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

So true. Many people think it's a waste of time to learn from their mistakes or witnessing another persons mistake and ignoring what could happen.

We had a strict father, military officer, rigid but fair. I learned to pay attention early on in life when my older brother got into trouble creating a firm spanking situation, I rarely repeated my brothers mistakes. I believe "Live and learn" should have been the tenth commandment.
    Yes....so many of us live, but not enough of us learn.

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Just my take for today.....mistakes we make are unwelcome, but often serve as a valuable tool in that they can be utilized as good lessons by which to guide and educate our children and others.
    So true. Many people think it's a waste of time to learn from their mistakes or witnessing another persons mistake and ignoring what could happen.

We had a strict father, military officer, rigid but fair. I learned to pay attention early on in life when my older brother got into trouble creating a firm spanking situation, I rarely repeated my brothers mistakes. I believe "Live and learn" should have been the tenth commandment.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Just my take for today.....mistakes we make are unwelcome, but often serve as a valuable tool in that they can be utilized as good lessons by which to guide and educate our children and others.
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-18-2021, 12:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Such a positive....not having to open up negatives.

I've said this before, but this place seems so much more civil since the negs are gone. Discussions carry on. People differ as they should. Opinions will not always be the same, and that's a good thing if you want honesty and transparency. In fact, disagreement can lead to new friendships. And the odd time we may need to step in gently and see if we can lighten the tone. But among most groups, it's not too hard, if we are respectful and keep things cool.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Those people should know if you call the pet "it".....they're safe.
    I know. Take the risk out of life. "It" works. The dog doesn't know.

Haha...I mentioned once before here, but this brings back memories of how some folks misunderstand dogs. Like the old dude who called out to me from his condo suite "pick it up" when he saw my dog take a pee just outside the property. I was never trained how to pick up pee before....

I mean, say what????

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    We have a cute female dog, but almost everyone calls her a "he". I've told people in my condo many times that "she" this, or "she" that, and next time they see her, they say "he". Is "he" the default for most smaller dogs? Don't they know that she has feelings, and how stupid she must think they are?

Those people should know if you call the pet "it".....they're safe.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    You know who had a great day yesterday.....

Amanda Gorman, the young poet whose crafted words were heard round the world. If we as individuals had stock values, hers went off the charts in mere minutes. She is amazing!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Another really good day in my little world.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    We have a cute female dog, but almost everyone calls her a "he". I've told people in my condo many times that "she" this, or "she" that, and next time they see her, they say "he". Is "he" the default for most smaller dogs? Don't they know that she has feelings, and how stupid she must think they are?

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    When folks say, "this is not who we are", over and over and over.......guess what.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I feel a good vibe. Good finally wins out over evil, coming to a theatre near you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X