Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Growing up (many decades ago) we often heard the saying, "be a man". Times have progressed and rightly so, and though the concept is still the same, the more appropriate wording is, "be an adult".

Being an adult is a significant factor when considering its impact on our youth, girls and boys. Solid role models are in deep demand. And the future is, no doubt, much more positive, the more we have.

Last edited by CanDB; 11-13-2020, 12:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I hate colonoscopies!! Apparently I am not the only one. Did you have to drink all the Colyte the evening before? It was awful. Plus I did not know I could drink something else to minimize the side effects, like chills. I have been told that some folks were allowed to drink a much smaller container of fluid, whatever it is.

The good news for me, I was so hungry and feeling so yucky after the procedure that the toast and coffee they gave me tasted like the best meal I ever had!!
    Toast and coffee? I'm getting my next one in Canada.

The prep stuff sucks. There's just no way around it.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Just had my second colonoscopy a little over a month ago. They tried to give me a wheelchair, but I was already half way out of the room. The nurse asked me what the big hurry was, and I told her I had to go move some cars around with the front end loader. lol.
    I hate colonoscopies!! Apparently I am not the only one. Did you have to drink all the Colyte the evening before? It was awful. Plus I did not know I could drink something else to minimize the side effects, like chills. I have been told that some folks were allowed to drink a much smaller container of fluid, whatever it is.

The good news for me, I was so hungry and feeling so yucky after the procedure that the toast and coffee they gave me tasted like the best meal I ever had!!

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Just had my second colonoscopy a little over a month ago. They tried to give me a wheelchair, but I was already half way out of the room. The nurse asked me what the big hurry was, and I told her I had to go move some cars around with the front end loader. lol.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Have you seen what anesthesiologists get paid? You might as well wake up in a spaceship next to Keanu Reeves.
    All I know is, the first time I was put under, it took me hours to get my bearings back. Room was spinning a little. Told my wife to go do something for a while until I could stomach anything. Wow, that was as bad as the night I drank a bottle of rum as a teenager. Lots of spinning and lots of kneeling in the washroom!!

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Nothing like an endoscopy first thing in the morning! Better than a colonoscopy!! (which is on my bucket list of things never to do again!)

I still find it amazing how they can put you out for 10 or 15 minutes, and you wake up pretty quickly thereafter. Mind you, I still feel like I could take a long snoooze!

Hoping the final results are ok.
    Have you seen what anesthesiologists get paid? You might as well wake up in a spaceship next to Keanu Reeves.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Nothing like an endoscopy first thing in the morning! Better than a colonoscopy!! (which is on my bucket list of things never to do again!)

I still find it amazing how they can put you out for 10 or 15 minutes, and you wake up pretty quickly thereafter. Mind you, I still feel like I could take a long snoooze!

Hoping the final results are ok.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Great news out of Utah and Zion National Park today-
    Missing hiker found today after missing for 2 weeks!
    Can't wait to hear how she did it. Amazing news
    That's really cool!

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Great news out of Utah and Zion National Park today-
    Missing hiker found today after missing for 2 weeks!
    Can't wait to hear how she did it. Amazing news

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I wonder how many awards The Beatles would have won/earned had they performed in an era when awards were common practice. Back then they weren't. Almost every time I here a Beatles song, it sounds good to me.

I am reminiscing after watching a doc on John Lennon's life and, tragically, death. He was my fav, though I liked them all.

But though the awards weren't as prominent, I remember how every time they came out with a new album, they'd dominate the top 10 singles on the billboard.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Legs are tough....I wore shorts again this morning, and the temperature was just above freezing. I can't imagine going for a walk with no shirt on.

Then there's this...

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Last night PBS Nature was on cats and featured a guy who is actually part of a lion pride in Africa! He pets, frolics, and is licked by lions! See The Lion Whisperer:

also this guy:

Last edited by L.M.; 10-08-2020, 04:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    That Popeyes chicken sandwich is really good!! We were impressed!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
    Yesterday I found out something I never knew, that the movie Steel Magnolias (one of my alltime favorites) is based on a true story.
    Was looking up Tom Skerrit and found this.
    (poor picture quality)

Thx for this!

:thumb:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X