Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It reminds of the outrage in the 80’s & 90’s over seatbelt laws. ����

A friend of mine asked on line the other day when will we stop wearing masks, as in when will we say I won’t comply anymore? I replied “do you wear your seatbelt when your car is parked in the garage?” ����
    I see the seatbelt analogy alot but they are completely different.

Clicking in a seatbelt when your sat down driving doesn't bother anyone, but many people finding mearing a mask really uncomfortable. Its itchy, horribly stuffy when hot outside, it looks stupid and the benefits are minimal at best (espeically when people put their hands on it and its rendered almost irrelevant).

Many people, espeically women and older women enjoy shopping trips where they will spend half the day browsing in shops. Who will do that as enjoyment when you have to have half your face covered by one of those horrible uncomfortable things.

In the UK our government have had alot of ridicule and are complete morons. They opened up the shops a few weeks ago and have seen a big boost to the economy, as was predicted. A few days ago they announced that from next Friday masks need to be worn inside shops and supermarkets. There has been a big outcry and slots for home deliverys are now booked up weeks in advance.

It has been mandatory for those stupid masks to be worn on public transport and our trains have suffered badly because people are avoiding them, they are trying to find ways to entice people back.

We don't use masks here. You can go out to the high street or zoo or whatever and you might see 1 in 20 or 30 people with a mask on, its so obscure that on twitter recently people wearing masks asked to stop being stared at by people as if they were aliens. So when this stupid rule comes in next Friday I guarantee that this economical recovery will nosedive as people turn to online shopping, this will lead to more people out of work for no good reason.

Many people here like me just see the mask rule for show with no real point to them. It has been announced that staff do not have to wear them in the shops as it is too uncomfortable to make them wear it all day, and people who bring their fingers to the mask and fiddle with it render it completely meaningless.

It also doesn't help when the government announce that the science is still unclear but they want people who won't leave their house to feel safe, so the majority of people going about their daily life now have to pander to the few idiots who cannot get past their letterbox.

We also just had the announcement that our worst hit place by far, Leicester, now has 115 positive tests out of every 100,000 people.... AND THATS OUR WORST PLACE.

People follow rules if their is sense to them. When they are ridiculous and coming in for political reasons they get no respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
      Many people, espeically women and older women enjoy shopping trips where they will spend half the day browsing in shops. Who will do that as enjoyment when you have to have half your face covered by one of those horrible uncomfortable things.
      I mean we're the middle of a global pandemic. Maybe don't spend the entire day browsing shops and putting other people's lives at risk for personal enjoyment?

Shopping online is totally a thing, buy what you need and get out.
      sigpic

Comment

• People keep bringing up the inconsistent information. At first the concern was "we've gotta have enough masks for dr's and nurses, don't go buy mask." Because people were being stupid and overstocking on everything, thus the toilet paper debacle...

But things change and they realized there was a benefit that's why there's a change. There's been countless demonstrations showing the benefits of wearing a mask vs not wearing one, but people just keep saying "well they said we didn't need one at first and now they say we do which is it"
        Last edited by Freyaka; 07-16-2020, 12:39 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
          How does it being more infectious now affect what I said exactly ? Are you trying to say that with it "maybe" mutating in a "minor" way, that is the reason to why America is in such a bad state right now ? I would then further my point if that is the misguided angle you have, to go and compare the same countries I have mentioned as examples of places who have handled the outbreak better, on a timeline over the last 3 months against America, and nothing changes with what I said, point still stands, strongly.

I also really like Rhonda Patrick and have listened to a lot of what she talks about, I don't doubt her at all, and she obviously is a leader on the topic of Vitamin D and the benifits to ones health. However I feel like you are going down the conspiracy path with this topic and not understanding what I am saying ? The potential could be there that Vitamin D could drastically reduce the effect or spread of the corona virus, but it isn't rock solid, and definitely not solid enough to be advising a response based around it.

You mention big money being at play and the suggestion of Vitamin D affecting that, but the idea that "they" are trying to suppress information on how to best respond to the spread of the virus in the hope of a business opportunity is pure non-sense and tin hat fodder. The devastation to the world economies will far exceed any money made from finding a vaccine, and if the research and evidence was there surrounding Vitamin D, you know leaders would be leaning on it to try and get their countries in order and out of this mess. But the medical research is not there, therefor the medical community is not advising any government I am aware of to pass on the message.
          My point was about it being Dr Fauci saying it was more infectious based on data correlations was just to counter what you seemed to be saying as it must be people not wearing masks. I think it is more complicated than just wearing...or not wearing...masks.

In fact it is were solely based on people wearing masks I would say LA Country numbers should be going down instead of increasing because almost everyone I see in LA County is wearing a mask with very few exceptions and that county has always had stricter restrictions than the rest of the state. For some reasons it is one of the worst counties in California even though it is pretty strict about masks and social distancing.

On the second point about some people having financial motivation to express their opinion...if you do not see that in the world today than you must be ignoring a lot of what goes on. There are people who do not care about the world economy as long as they are making money. Do you even realize some people are profiting during these times?
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            I mean we're the middle of a global pandemic. Maybe don't spend the entire day browsing shops and putting other people's lives at risk for personal enjoyment?

Shopping online is totally a thing, buy what you need and get out.
            Yea your right, who needs any enjoyment in life. Espeically as our worst hit place has a 0.11% infection rate...... scary stuff.

Comment

Yea your right, who needs any enjoyment in life. Espeically as our worst hit place has a 0.11% infection rate...... scary stuff.
              And it's this kinda flippant response that pisses those of us actually taking this seriously off... I'll let someone else discuss it with you further I'm done...
              sigpic

Comment

And it's this kinda flippant response that pisses those of us actually taking this seriously off... I'll let someone else discuss it with you further I'm done...
                Its called having some balance and common sense. I use common sense in not getting in peoples personal space and using anti-bac but I am not going to go crazy and flip out over such a ridiculously small infection rate over here. Expecting people to make their life worse for such a tiny bit of risk is never going to catch on. People who go to stupid lengths and scream 'the sky is falling' just look pathetic to me.

Comment

• It's a terrible thing to think of, but I am absolutely sure that most folks who lose someone or have someone close to them become permanently harmed by this virus, take on an even more cautious and appreciative stance. That is part of why I and those in my circle are not taking chances with this situation. Therefore I do not change my stance when someone argues about being too cautions, or too careful or other things. Because I do not see the point, given the nasty side of this virus. It's a bit of a Russian Roulette. Some infections make us a sick. But this one can send me or my loved ones straight to the hospital, and even worse. It's not like we always get a second chance. And it's not like we know every underlying condition that makes us more in danger than others.

Comment

• The condition of My dad and stepmom has not changed. It’s been over a week now and I’m really hoping there is an improvement in the next few days
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

The condition of My dad and stepmom has not changed. It’s been over a week now and I’m really hoping there is an improvement in the next few days
                      Keep us posted man, we're hoping for the best!
                      sigpic

Comment

The condition of My dad and stepmom has not changed. It’s been over a week now and I’m really hoping there is an improvement in the next few days
                        Hope you'll get good news soon.
                        Administrator
                        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          It's a terrible thing to think of, but I am absolutely sure that most folks who lose someone or have someone close to them become permanently harmed by this virus, take on an even more cautious and appreciative stance. That is part of why I and those in my circle are not taking chances with this situation. Therefore I do not change my stance when someone argues about being too cautions, or too careful or other things. Because I do not see the point, given the nasty side of this virus. It's a bit of a Russian Roulette. Some infections make us a sick. But this one can send me or my loved ones straight to the hospital, and even worse. It's not like we always get a second chance. And it's not like we know every underlying condition that makes us more in danger than others.
                          Lots of things can bring us into the hospital in this life, it doesn't start and end with covid. 1 in three people contract cancer during their lifetime, most people go through a major operation at some point during their life, etc................

There is always risk in life but people cannot cower and shelter. You get one life and you should go out there and enjoy it because it can come to an end at anytime.

Leicesters infection rate is 0.11 %. It is three times higher then anywhere else in the UK, and that is not even a death rate, it is just for a positive test. When the numbers are that stupidly low I am not going to change my lifestyle or stop doing the things I want, when I could just as easy get involved in a car accident or am statiscally more likely to contract a life changing disease.

People need to have perspective. If the numbers were higher and justified extreme action then I would happily take whatever measures were needed, but I am certainly not going to make my life worse for no reason.

Comment

People keep bringing up the inconsistent information. At first the concern was "we've gotta have enough masks for dr's and nurses, don't go buy mask." Because people were being stupid and overstocking on everything, thus the toilet paper debacle...

But things change and they realized there was a benefit that's why there's a change. There's been countless demonstrations showing the benefits of wearing a mask vs not wearing one, but people just keep saying "well they said we didn't need one at first and now they say we do which is it"
                            Are you really that surprised? Same country that has been warning people about the risks of smoking still 500k die a year (40k from second hand smoke) not to mention all the health issues caused by smoking like higher chance of getting Covid and dying from Covid.

I don’t disagree with you, I’m just not surprised their are people who don’t listen despite the health concerns.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              Are you really that surprised? Same country that has been warning people about the risks of smoking still 500k die a year (40k from second hand smoke) not to mention all the health issues caused by smoking like higher chance of getting Covid and dying from Covid.

I don’t disagree with you, I’m just not surprised their are people who don’t listen despite the health concerns.
                              I don't want to beat a dead horse but some people need to understand that you can throw as much data as you want at people but its not that they don't understand, its that they don't care. A lot of people just want to get on with their one life and live it the best they can, there will always be risk but so what. Thats what life is and its meant to be enjoyed, far too many people forget that nowadays.

Smoking, drinking, gambling, etc........ are pleasures to a lot of people in life. So it might not be good for your health, nor is eating a bacon sandwich but so what ? People don't want to live longer just to have an extremely boring life where they live like a saint. Life is to be enjoyed and as long as you don't go crazy with the aforementioned then its brilliant.

Will the day come where they ban drink, smoking, gambling, etc....... and we just go to work every day before toddling home to enjoy a nice healthy salad and mineral water before an early bedtime. That is one very sad vision of the future.

Comment

People need to have perspective. If the numbers were higher and justified extreme action then I would happily take whatever measures were needed, but I am certainly not going to make my life worse for no reason.
                                Perspective? Says the guy who is here on record writing:

"People can call me selfish but it is not my responsibility to protect vulnerable people, I am just going to carry on living my life as normal as possible."
                                I'm glad that the infection rate is so low in your area. For many people elsewhere, they're not as lucky with those similar reports. But - bronx.... Does wearing a mask REALLY make you life worse?

Forget the social distancing, the working from home, etc - does wearing a mask.... a mask, really make your life that much worse?

I mean, from what I read - you don't seem to think you NEED a mask because the "chance" of you getting infected with the virus is so low, as the infection rate in the UK is low. But why wouldn't you want to wear it to make your chances even lower? Is the burden of a simple face mask that huge of an obstacle in your life?
                                Last edited by Peerless; 07-17-2020, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X