X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Can you inform on where to get a Covid test which indicates positive for Delta variant?
    I only know about this on a very high level ... not much detail.

From my understanding samples of COVID19 positive tests are studied further to identify mutations. There are more mutations than the news talks about but most of the mutations are not material to the public.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    With the fear that the Delta variant has created, I don't think it is unreasonable for citizens to ask for reporting of specifics like which form of Covid is spreading, infecting, killing, etc. Especially if lives are being dictated to in terms of leadership telling people what they can and can't do, asking for transparency is a reasonable request I think only the unreasonable would push back on. I wouldn't expect such a thing to occur though, especially when it is no secret that governments everywhere around the world are using the fear surrounding the Delta strain to 100% ramp up their vaccination efforts, which I think is understandable as well.
    The flip flop in the US to mask indoors even when vaccinated is a deterrent to vaccination. People were told things would return to normal by getting the jab. Those who vaccinated are now saying, “I was lied to, and I won’t fall for the lie again.” Those who were sitting on the fence about getting the jab are likely saying saying, “No matter what I do they won’t let things return to normal.”

Lack of transparency with clinical trial data, adverse events and bullying those who are hesitant only pushes people to resist more.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    With the fear that the Delta variant has created, I don't think it is unreasonable for citizens to ask for reporting of specifics like which form of Covid is spreading, infecting, killing, etc. Especially if lives are being dictated to in terms of leadership telling people what they can and can't do, asking for transparency is a reasonable request I think only the unreasonable would push back on. I wouldn't expect such a thing to occur though, especially when it is no secret that governments everywhere around the world are using the fear surrounding the Delta strain to 100% ramp up their vaccination efforts, which I think is understandable as well.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Play nice or get deleted.

Clear enough?

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Can anyone tell me where people can test for Covid with the Delta variant?

Seeing as this variant is claimed to be such a menace by the media - shouldn’t there be an answer to where people can be tested to identify the variant?

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Well, I think it's fair to ask questions like that. How exactly was the delta discovered? How do they decide or determine if you have the delta? Simple covid test can't tell that so how do they determine that? Questions need answers and I'm tired of people just taking what media dishes out as gospel
    Fair questions. We’ve seen public health policy flip flops over this variant. For example the CDC’s mask indoors *guidance* even when vaccinated was based on a non-peer reviewed study from India - with people who got the jab with a vaccine not used in the United States.

However, the CDC didn’t present the data with transparency. When a journalist asked how we know the Delta variant is prevalent, the answer was, “The experts told us…”

Deferring to higher authority is obfuscation and manipulation. It’s not good enough to claim “science” and “experts”.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

My goodness.....
    Well, I think it's fair to ask questions like that. How exactly was the delta discovered? How do they decide or determine if you have the delta? Simple covid test can't tell that so how do they determine that? Questions need answers and I'm tired of people just taking what media dishes out as gospel

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    How does one find out if it's the "delta" or just the regular covid19?? Simple covid test won't be able to distinguish the 2.....soooo....Is the "delta" real or a scare tactic?? I think it's a fair question
    My goodness.....

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    How does one find out if it's the "delta" or just the regular covid19?? Simple covid test won't be able to distinguish the 2.....soooo....Is the "delta" real or a scare tactic?? I think it's a fair question

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Can you inform on where to get a Covid test which indicates positive for Delta variant?
    ??????????

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I know I am rigid on my stance re: Covid-19. Unless the stats change significantly I do not see me changing much, but I do read and hear about covid data pretty much every day. So to those who do not like my rigidity, sorry. I think I have explained why I believe it is important to follow guidelines from our experts, and get those 2 shots in the arm. If nothing else, it's about the well-being of our hospitals, all those who are part of the hospital family, and all those who are negatively impacted when the system is in overload. That could include folks we know and love, who need other types of medical support.

Lets all try to do one thing....find the facts and listen to those who are professionals. I'll stop there.

And lets hope this Delta variant is not nearly as active as it might be. So far the facts state that it is very, very active.

Be well. And that is extended to all those you care about.

And to all.....

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I know I am rigid on my stance re: Covid-19. Unless the stats change significantly I do not see me changing much, but I do read and hear about covid data pretty much every day. So to those who do not like my rigidity, sorry. I think I have explained why I believe it is important to follow guidelines from our experts, and get those 2 shots in the arm. If nothing else, it's about the well-being of our hospitals, all those who are part of the hospital family, and all those who are negatively impacted when the system is in overload. That could include folks we know and love, who need other types of medical support.

Lets all try to do one thing....find the facts and listen to those who are professionals. I'll stop there.

And lets hope this Delta variant is not nearly as active as it might be. So far the facts state that it is very, very active.

Be well. And that is extended to all those you care about.

And to all.....

Last edited by CanDB; 07-30-2021, 10:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    I hear you, I’m pretty burned out on all this too.
    Starting tomorrow I get to put my mask back on and work in 104 degree weather all day with a hard hat and safety glasses, I better get a good night sleep
    Good luck, stay cool.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post

As of right now, I don't know of that data. And truthfully, I don't even feel like researching anything. I'm sorta spent with it all to be honest.
    I hear you, I’m pretty burned out on all this too.
    Starting tomorrow I get to put my mask back on and work in 104 degree weather all day with a hard hat and safety glasses, I better get a good night sleep

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

Do you know of any data that supports masks stopping the spread among the vaccinated?

The reason I ask is we saw states that were open during Covid with no mask restrictions and states completely lockdown with strict mask mandates and the numbers did not show a drastic difference like you would think.
    As of right now, I don't know of that data. And truthfully, I don't even feel like researching anything. I'm sorta spent with it all to be honest.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X