Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    If everyone wore a mask, I would wonder about that. But I have heard about crowded beaches and parties where a lot of the people were not wearing masks. Just because it's mandated doesn't mean that everyone wore one......
    Yes. Masks are better than no masks, unless you never wash them perhaps. Doing all the other wise things also helps. But crowded beaches, celebrations and so forth can generate significant numbers of cases. And I think that a general feeling of "we're back to normal" can defeat the purpose of strategizing, because you can not go from 0 to 60 in no time. It's a slow and steady process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
      Cases are rising in*CA? With mandated mask policies in effect for months?

Hmmmm........I wonder if there was some sort of event that happened between then and now, where - oh wait ~

No no...Lum... you are safe from corona if you are protesting... it’s all good! :thumb:
      Last edited by EddieMac; 07-17-2020, 08:23 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        Mandating something in a metropolitan area is different than mandating something in small town Iowa. I live in a small town, we have had 1 death so far and that man was 85 years old with obese issues. 300 total cases in the county I live in and 3 total deaths since February. Now, that's 3 too many but It makes zero sense for me to be treated the same as a person who lives in a city 100x the size.
        Agree with this... I am rural.... and I don’t care if people wear masks or not,., I don’t...and cases are so low here it makes little sense..

Now if I rode a subway in a major centre... I might rethink that stance.
        sigpic

Comment

https://m.facebook.com/home.php?_rdr...r&__tn__=EHH-R

This is pretty much how I feel about the mask mandates. Imo, again....no need to wear one if you're healthy. If you are sick you should be the one wearing one. And, if masks really work and they stop the spread and you are wearing one, why do I have to wear one? If your mask stops the virus, great!! It'll also stop my healthy breathing
          Your mask will stop your healthy breathing? That is the most irrational thing I've ever heard in this entire mask conundrum.

Seriously... We've said it before and we'll say it again - wearing a mask won't make you go apneic due to some major CO2 build up. Your SPO2 level will still remain >92%. Hell, I'd bet Mr John Doe who has a 50 year smoking history, current COPD, AND on chronic O2 at home could wear a mask and he'd be fine oxygenation-wise.

Health care providers wear masks everyday - and they are breathing and functioning fine. I'd love, LOVE for these anti-maskers to tell that to a surgeon after operating on a patient for 12+ hrs that them wearing a mask will "stop your healthy breathing." How foolish of a statement...

You know what COULD stop your healthy breathing? Covid-19. COULD..... If you think wearing a mask sucks or is "hard" or making your life miserable, think again when your health care savior is shoving an ET tube down your throat to try and oxygenate you.
          Last edited by Peerless; 07-17-2020, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
            Your mask will stop your healthy breathing? That is the most irrational thing I've ever heard in this entire mask conundrum.

Seriously... We've said it before and we'll say it again - wearing a mask won't make you go apneic due to some major CO2 build up. Your SPO2 level will still remain >92%. Hell, I'd bet Mr John Doe who has a 50 year smoking history, current COPD, AND on chronic O2 at home could wear a mask and he'd be fine oxygenation-wise.

Health care providers wear masks everyday - and they are breathing and functioning fine. I'd love, LOVE for these anti-maskers to tell that to a surgeon after operating on a patient for 12+ hrs that them wearing a mask will "stop your healthy breathing." How foolish of a statement...

You know what COULD stop your healthy breathing? Covid-19. COULD..... If you think wearing a mask sucks or is "hard" or making your life miserable, think again when your health care savior is shoving an ET tube down your throat to try and oxygenate you.
            I'm saying if your mask works and it stops the virus from entering your system then I shouldn't have to wear one, your mask works right?

Health care providers don't work outside like I do. Try breathing with a mask on when it's 90+ degrees and 80+ % humidity!! It's hard enough to breathe in that kind of humidity level, let alone wearing a mask. I'll bet you anything you want at any level if these experts had the same tasks they wouldn't be wearing them either. When they start passing out because of lack of oxygen there would be a different tune being sung.

Any worker working outside should not be wearing masks. What's the point? The atmosphere around them disperses their breath, it's not confined like it would be indoors.

Comment

I'm saying if your mask works and it stops the virus from entering your system then I shouldn't have to wear one, your mask works right?
              The person wearing the mask isn’t protecting himself. He’s protecting you.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                If he's sick I appreciate it....

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  If he's sick he shouldn't be out of the house anyway..

Comment

Health care providers don't work outside like I do. Try breathing with a mask on when it's 90+ degrees and 80+ % humidity!! It's hard enough to breathe in that kind of humidity level, let alone wearing a mask. I'll bet you anything you want at any level if these experts had the same tasks they wouldn't be wearing them either. When they start passing out because of lack of oxygen there would be a different tune being sung.

Any worker working outside should not be wearing masks. What's the point? The atmosphere around them disperses their breath, it's not confined like it would be indoors.
                    Actually, you said (and you've stated this before) that wearing a mask will hurt your breathing. That is false.

And the risk of transmission likely isn't as great as it is inside a bar, restaurant, etc. But it can still happen. Look at all the spring breakers who went out to the beaches to have fun - they were outside and the atmosphere didn't disperse their breath. Many students caught the virus.

Yes, wearing a mask in high heat and humidity sucks. But, wouldn't it suck more to catch a virus which could inflict irreparable damage to your lungs? Wouldn't it suck to possibly HAVE to get intubated and be supported on a machine to help you breathe?

People want to talk about their 'rights' and 'freedom' during this entire thing, along with how wearing a mask ruins or makes their life that much worse; which AMAZES me.

Because when when you compare a simple idea, obligation, and nuisance of wearing a mask in 2020 to say, 1944 - the greatest generation of Americans during WW2 storming german beaches on D-Day...... How sad do we look today?

We then had a bunch of young brave soldiers running and staring death in the face to fight for freedom, and today we have a bunch of soft and self entitled Americans with "rights" who won't wear a simple face mask to help themselves and everyone else out because this is "the land of the free, and I can do whatever I please"...

It's pathetic.

But hey dude, I'm sure you're really staring death in the face on the job site during a 90 degree day knowing you're more at risk to pass out from the high heat verse inadequate oxygenation, as you post a reply here on your smartphone about how wearing a mask is hurting your healthy breathing.....
                    Last edited by Peerless; 07-18-2020, 08:05 AM.

Comment

For the billionth time. It doesn't keep the virus out... If you wear the mask and cough or sneeze, the mask helps to contain your spittle and keep it from flying all over everyone around you.

A mask isn't to protect me from you, it's to help me protect everyone else around be...
                      sigpic

Comment

If he's sick he shouldn't be out of the house anyway..
                        What? How should a sick and single individual with no support system (I'm not talking about a + Covid patient, how about a guy going through chemo who is immunocompromised?) go get groceries? Go get cash from the bank to pay for groceries? Go get gas to drive to the grocery store?

Should they NEVER be out of the house? That's a pretty self centered statement that they shouldn't be out of the house.

What if this situation was you - and you had nobody to help you. Are you going to bunker up?

Comment

If he's sick I appreciate it....
                          The whole freaking point is, you can be spreading this crap and showing zero symptoms.

This has been repeated ad nauseum in this thread.
                          Last edited by Freyaka; 07-18-2020, 08:05 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                            Actually, you said (and you've stated this before) that wearing a mask will hurt your breathing. That is false.

And the risk of transmission likely isn't as great as it is inside a bar, restaurant, etc. But it can still happen. Look at all the spring breakers who went out to the beaches to have fun - they were outside and the atmosphere didn't disperse their breath. Many students caught the virus.

Yes, wearing a mask in high heat and humidity sucks. But, wouldn't it suck more to catch a virus which could inflict irreparable damage to your lungs? Wouldn't it suck to possibly HAVE to get intubated and living on a machine to help you breathe?

People want to talk about their 'rights' and 'freedom' during this entire thing, along with how wearing a mask ruins or makes their life that much worse; which AMAZES me.

Because when when you compare a simple idea, obligation, and nuisance of wearing a mask in 2020 to say, 1944 - the greatest generation of Americans during WW2 storming german beaches on D-Day. How sad do we look today.... We then had a bunch of young brave soldiers running and staring death in the face to fight for freedom, and today we have a bunch of soft and self entitled Americans with "rights" who won't wear a simple face mask to help themselves and everyone else out...

It's pathetic.

But hey dude, I'm sure your really staring death in the face on the job site during a 90 degree day - as your more at risk to pass out from the high heat verse inadequate oxygenation, as you post a reply here on your smartphone about how wearing a mask is hurting your healthy breathing.....
                            Like I said earlier, I live in a small town rural America. How is my not wearing a mask going to affect you? How am I going to affect an elderly person 1000 miles away from me? I wasn't at spring break, I don't go to bars. You attempt to bunch me into your "pathetic" group all you want.

I'm healthy, I don't need to wear a mask just for you or anybody else a 1000 miles away. If I were in a big city maybe I would have a different view but I choose small town living for a reason... To stay away from people... To have more freedom... To have a safer life for my kids to live... To have an environment where I can let my kids walk anywhere in town and know their safe.

I can leave my door unlocked and my garage door wide open all night and know everything is still where I left it. My life here is not your life there. Don't force my life to change here because of what is happening to you there

Comment

Like I said earlier, I live in a small town rural America. How is my not wearing a mask going to affect you? How am I going to affect an elderly person 1000 miles away from me? I wasn't at spring break, I don't go to bars. You attempt to bunch me into your "pathetic" group all you want.

I'm healthy, I don't need to wear a mask just for you or anybody else a 1000 miles away. If I were in a big city maybe I would have a different view but I choose small town living for a reason... To stay away from people... To have more freedom... To have a safer life for my kids to live... To have an environment where I can let my kids walk anywhere in town and know their safe.

I can leave my door unlocked and my garage door wide open all night and know everything is still where I left it. My life here is not your life there. Don't force my life to change here because of what is happening to you there
                              Because if you are irresponsible and help spread the disease in your rural area people get sick and go visit other people who get sick, so on and so on...

Just because you're in an isolated area doesn't mean you shouldn't pitch in to keep things from getting out of hand.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Ok, it's getting heated here and too personal. Thread closed for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X