No announcement yet.

Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoy your echo chamber. I'm joining peerless.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      Enjoy your echo chamber. I'm joining peerless.
      You got room in the van?

If I shake my head any more, I will soon be able to do an Exorcist "twirl".

Comment

• Fauci and the Covid:
        Jan. 21st - “Virus not a concern for the US”
        Jan 31st - Fauci didn’t believe a travel ban with China was needed.

February he was still telling people the virus was low risk.

He flip flopped on wearing masks.

Fauci said there was only anecdotal evidence in support of hydroxychloroquine to fight the virus,
        despite a Detroit hospital study showed a 50% reduction in the mortality rate when the medicine is used in early treatment.

Fauci says a falling mortality rate doesn’t matter when it is the single most important statistic to help guide the pace of our economic reopening. The lower the mortality rate, the faster and more we can open.

He may be the expert but he has been all over the place.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          Fauci and the Covid:
          Jan. 21st - “Virus not a concern for the US”
          Jan 31st - Fauci didn’t believe a travel ban with China was needed.

February he was still telling people the virus was low risk.

He flip flopped on wearing masks.

Fauci said there was only anecdotal evidence in support of hydroxychloroquine to fight the virus,
          despite a Detroit hospital study showed a 50% reduction in the mortality rate when the medicine is used in early treatment.

Fauci says a falling mortality rate doesn’t matter when it is the single most important statistic to help guide the pace of our economic reopening. The lower the mortality rate, the faster and more we can open.

He may be the expert but he has been all over the place.
          So who's the guru The US should listen to? Doesn't he work for The WH?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            So who's the guru The US should listen to? Doesn't he work for The WH?
            Yes he does. He’s worked for the last 4 or 5 presidents and this is suppose to be his specialty and he has been wrong a lot, just like the WHO!
            sigpic

Comment

Yes he does. He’s worked for the last 4 or 5 presidents and this is suppose to be his specialty and he has been wrong a lot, just like the WHO!
              OK. So who do you listen to then?

Comment

• Everything is overblown by the media. It is how they get ratings and advertising dollars. The only difference is does one agree with the overblown news or does one not agree with the overblown news imo.

To be fair this whole Covid-19 thing is new. Most of the people getting time on the big stations are trying to figure this out on the fly. So we get a lot of drama dram drama when we watch the big tv stations and cable news stations. There is a lot more drama than science and numbers at this stage and imo that is a direct result of this being something completely new for us to deal with.

Btw I looked the numbers up

Test given = 52,252,334
                Positive tests = 4,275,188

That is about 1 in 12 tests come back positive. I can make guesses where I think the 14.7 in 100,000 comes from based on other data I have seen presented but maybe you can let us know
                Last edited by Peanut; 07-28-2020, 03:35 PM. Reason: Deleted quote
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  OK. So who do you listen to then?
                  I have followed my city of Sacramento and the State of California in which I live. We have pretty much been on lockdown since the beginning. I work on construction sites where i have my temperature taken everyday and I wear a mask despite the 95 to 100 degree weather on average this time of the year.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                    Science can't explain everything. I'm a Christian, I believe what I believe because of what my Bible teaches. Should I believe science over faith and teaching?
                    At one point the human race assumed lightening and thunder were the work of the gods because at that point and time science could not explain it.

I look at everything with that in mind. Maybe science can not explain it today but that is only because our understanding of how the world works is still limited at this point and time. Btw I am not trying to suggest there is no reason for religion...that as well is just the best we understand it today and one day we will understand it more.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                      At one point the human race assumed lightening and thunder were the work of the gods because at that point and time science could not explain it.

I look at everything with that in mind. Maybe science can not explain it today but that is only because our understanding of how the world works is still limited at this point and time. Btw I am not trying to suggest there is no reason for religion...that as well is just the best we understand it today and one day we will understand it more.
                      It goes both ways. I’m sure people didn’t understand why it was unclean to eat pigs or why the earth was called a sphere in the Bible. But now we know the earth is round and their are worms in pigs that can make us very sick.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB
                        Fauci is a snake????? You may have faith in your common sense filter, but can you elaborate on why it is tingling? Do you have evidence of his being a snake of some sort??

I too am a Christian. But I am not sure that the Bible tells me about whether or not to wear a mask or not, in a pandemic. But I do know that science studies such things, and the verdict is now pretty conclusive.
                        My respect for Faucci went out the window several times. He flip flopped on so many topics... including masks. He has his hands dirty with this virus. In 2019, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), with the backing of Fauci-led National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), committed $3.7 million over six years for research on bat coronaviruses in China, according to a report in Newsweek. The research also included gain of function work, which involves manipulating viruses in the lab to explore their potential for infecting humans.

Maybe that is just more fake news, maybe he a swell guy but imo, he has a different agenda for people.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                          My respect for Faucci went out the window several times. He flip flopped on so many topics... including masks. He has his hands dirty with this virus. In 2019, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), with the backing of Fauci-led National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), committed $3.7 million over six years for research on bat coronaviruses in China, according to a report in Newsweek. The research also included gain of function work, which involves manipulating viruses in the lab to explore their potential for infecting humans.

Maybe that is just more fake news, maybe he a swell guy but imo, he has a different agenda for people.
                          All that coupled with him predicting an outbreak in 2017 is what makes my common sense filter tingle

Comment

• Closed for clean up.

We can each have our own opinions, but name calling should not be a part of that. Trying to be subtle about it doesn't work.

We've kept this thread open because there's a need to talk and share about current events.

We're adults. Please treat each other respectfully.

And, again, please do not take the fights to other threads.
                            Administrator
                            sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Please keep politics, religions, name calling and personal stuff out of the conversations.

Thank you.
                              Last edited by Peanut; 07-28-2020, 03:49 PM.
                              Administrator
                              sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

It goes both ways. I’m sure people didn’t understand why it was unclean to eat pigs or why the earth was called a sphere in the Bible. But now we know the earth is round and their are worms in pigs that can make us very sick.
                                Egyptians figured out in 3rd century BCE the circumference of Earth was between 25,000 - 28500 miles. My understanding is they used trigonometry. That is not bad considering it is 24,901. My opinion is that is where the Earth is round came from.

Comment

Working...
                                X