Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Egyptians figured out in 3rd century BCE the circumference of Earth was between 25,000 - 28500 miles. My understanding is they used trigonometry. That is not bad considering it is 24,901. My opinion is that is where the Earth is round came from.
    I don’t think anybody could confirm the earth was round until the first photos from space.

The Egyptians and Greeks also believed to be round as did the Bible. The Bible also predicted the rise and fall of both Egypt and Greek Empires
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      I don’t think anybody could confirm the earth was round until the first photos from space.

The Egyptians and Greeks also believed to be round as did the Bible. The Bible also predicted the rise and fall of both Egypt and Greek Empires
      Ok, let's not turn this thread in to a religious discussion.

I'd rather we not go through another cleanup.

Comment

• Getting this back on track - Fauci (it's Fauci, not Faucci fyi) didn't predict Covid-19 in 2017.

Here are his direct words for you fact checkers:

"There is no question that there will be a challenge to the coming administration in the arena of infectious diseases," Fauci said during a speech at Georgetown University, adding, "the thing we're extraordinarily confident about is that we're going to see this in the next few years."
        "The history of the last 32 years that I've been the director of NIAID will tell the next administration that there's no doubt in anyone's mind that they will be faced with the challenges that their predecessors were faced with," he said.
        Fauci called on the current administration to prepare the US for such challenges before they arise, by improving global health-surveillance systems, investing in research, and setting aside emergency funds.

"We do need a public-health emergency fund. It's tough to get it… but we need it," Fauci said.
        Unfortunately, some people are using the article to fuel conspiracy theories.... But that doesn’t mean that Fuaci predicted the coronavirus pandemic. He was just generally describing what presidents face, based on his experience advising the past five of them at the time (who also have went through pandemics in during their presidency tenures.

Too bad that we didn't have a public emergency fun to help prevent this outbreka. Instead, we decided to cut spending for federal agencies responsible for detecting and preparing for outbreaks.

So if anyone is at fault or for you people who are sick and tired of Fauci and think he somehow instigated this pandemic, you need to take the tin foil hats off and open your eyes to the overall picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
          Getting this back on track - Fauci (it's Fauci, not Faucci fyi) didn't predict Covid-19 in 2017.

Fauci called on the current administration to prepare the US for such challenges before they arise, by improving global health-surveillance systems, investing in research, and setting aside emergency funds.

Unfortunately, some people are using the article to fuel conspiracy theories.... But that doesn’t mean that Fuaci predicted the coronavirus pandemic. He was just generally describing what presidents face, based on his experience advising the past five of them at the time (who also have went through pandemics in during their presidency tenures.

Too bad that we didn't have a public emergency fun to help prevent this outbreka. Instead, we decided to cut spending for federal agencies responsible for detecting and preparing for outbreaks.

So if anyone is at fault or for you people who are sick and tired of Fauci and think he somehow instigated this pandemic, you need to take the tin foil hats off and open your eyes to the overall picture.
          So he wanted the country prepared and then when a Covid outbreak started in China he was on record saying January 21st “this is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about”

If he is the expert and he is telling me this, I probably wouldn’t have saw the virus as a threat either. Turns out he was dead wrong!!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

So he wanted the country prepared and then when a Covid outbreak started in China he was on record saying January 21st “this is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about”

If he is the expert and he is telling me this, I probably wouldn’t have saw the virus as a threat either. Turns out he was dead wrong!!!!!
            Pretty sure he wasn't wrong.....

Fauci said, “Obviously, you need to take it seriously and do the kind of things the (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the Department of Homeland Security is doing. But this is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about.”
            So Fauci, in a qualified response said, don’t worry “right now;” “you need to take it seriously;” and although “this is not a major threat,” keep an ear open to the CDC and Homeland Security.

Jan 26:

Fauci reiterated that COVID-19 “isn’t something the American people need to worry about or be frightened about” because, at the time, it was centered in China and the U.S. could screen travelers from that nation. Fauci twice described the virus as “an evolving situation,” and said, “Every day, we have to look at it very carefully.”
            People keep omitting an important detail: Both times, Fauci added that the situation could change, something that research and studies (science) can help tell us.

It's too bad the US government let Fauci and us down with their lack of precautionary measures.....

Comment

• Man - I would hate to see what some of you people who dislike/discredit Fauci for his comments would think of someone who would claim this entire pandemic as a hoax, or something that would "just go away." 151,000+ deaths later, I'd say it's far from that.

Last edited by Peerless; 07-28-2020, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Man - I would hate to see what some of you people who dislike/discredit Fauci for his comments would think of someone who would claim this entire pandemic as a hoax, or something that would "just go away." 151,000+ deaths later, I'd say it's far from that.

Dr. Fauci was appointed Director of NIAID in 1984. He oversees an extensive research portfolio of basic and applied research to prevent, diagnose, and treat established infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS, respiratory infections, diarrheal diseases, tuberculosis and malaria as well as emerging diseases.

His job is to Prevent, Diagnose and treat infectious disease....
                He first said not something the United States needed to worry about, he then said the travel ban with China was t necessary, and then said don’t wear masks. That to me doesn’t sound like very good Prevention or Diagnosis to me.

What’s your take on the states that sent recovering vivid patient back into nursing homes? (42% of deaths from Covid in US were nursing home related).
                Fauci says New York is the model of how to handle the virus. New York the worst hit state in the country.
                Last edited by 58Miller; 07-28-2020, 06:36 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Pretty sure he wasn't wrong.....

So Fauci, in a qualified response said, don’t worry “right now;” “you need to take it seriously;” and although “this is not a major threat,” keep an ear open to the CDC and Homeland Security.

Jan 26:

People keep omitting an important detail: Both times, Fauci added that the situation could change, something that research and studies (science) can help tell us.

It's too bad the US government let Fauci and us down with their lack of precautionary measures.....
                  Don’t worry but maybe just in case worry? If you think that is an expert, are you hiring ?
                  sigpic

Comment

Getting this back on track - Fauci (it's Fauci, not Faucci fyi) didn't predict Covid-19 in 2017.

My eyes are open, you need to open yours. I know I can't believe everything I read. But, when things happen to people I know that raise red flags those "things" I read become more credible. People dying from cancer or suicide or car accidents that are "positive" tested get labeled covid deaths. So your 150,000 deaths I don't believe, I think that number is WAY over inflated as are the positive tested people themselves.

My wife has 3 co-workers that wanted to get tested just to check. None of them had any symptoms but just wanted to "feel better". So, they go to our local test site and wait what turned into a little over an hour. They seen it was going to take longer than expected so they just left. Each one has to call in to set an appointment and provide contact information. EVERY ONE OF THEM got a call back saying they tested positive. Nope, nothing to see here folks...keep moving and just act like this isn't political🙄

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      My eyes are open, you need to open yours. I know I can't believe everything I read. But, when things happen to people I know that raise red flags those "things" I read become more credible. People dying from cancer or suicide or car accidents that are "positive" tested get labeled covid deaths. So your 150,000 deaths I don't believe, I think that number is WAY over inflated as are the positive tested people themselves.

My wife has 3 co-workers that wanted to get tested just to check. None of them had any symptoms but just wanted to "feel better". So, they go to our local test site and wait what turned into a little over an hour. They seen it was going to take longer than expected so they just left. Each one has to call in to set an appointment and provide contact information. EVERY ONE OF THEM got a call back saying they tested positive. Nope, nothing to see here folks...keep moving and just act like this isn't political��
                      See, I can't speak to that. That would be horrible (if true). I can't say I've heard of that anywhere else, or in my neck of the woods. But even so, that's not Fauci's fault.

But look. you totally disregarded my response to your post about Facui's "prediction" and started another topic. Why? I was responding to your post about how you think he 'predicted Covid'.

Yet, not response from you after actual factual quotes (from Facui) and supportive evidence. Onto your next issue I assume?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                        Ok, let's not turn this thread in to a religious discussion.

I'd rather we not go through another cleanup.
                        Good advice.

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

My wife has 3 co-workers that wanted to get tested just to check. None of them had any symptoms but just wanted to "feel better". So, they go to our local test site and wait what turned into a little over an hour. They seen it was going to take longer than expected so they just left. Each one has to call in to set an appointment and provide contact information. EVERY ONE OF THEM got a call back saying they tested positive. Nope, nothing to see here folks...keep moving and just act like this isn't political��
                        We have left several warnings in this thread about politics. Last one was a couple of hours ago. Did you miss it?

It would be sad to have to permanently close this thread because people aren't listening to the warnings.
                        Administrator
                        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

See, I can't speak to that. That would be horrible (if true). I can't say I've heard of that anywhere else, or in my neck of the woods. But even so, that's not Fauci's fault.

But look. you totally disregarded my response to your post about Facui's "prediction" and started another topic. Why? I was responding to your post about how you think he 'predicted Covid'.

Yet, not response from you after actual factual quotes (from Facui) and supportive evidence. Onto your next issue I assume?
                          Fauci is not to blame for most of what has happened. He had a chance to use his influence to stop it but didn’t see it as a threat until it was to late, fair enough.

As far as changing the subject you just did the same thing about Fauci
                          Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                          Man - I would hate to see what some of you people who dislike/discredit Fauci for his comments would think of someone who would claim this entire pandemic as a hoax, or something that would "just go away." 151,000+ deaths later, I'd say it's far from that.

I don’t understand why you did a laughing emoji after the death count.
                          sigpic

Comment

Don’t worry but maybe just in case worry? If you think that is an expert, are you hiring ?
                            It's like you consciously just ignored everything he said and heard only what you were wanting to hear....
                            sigpic

Comment

• Getting back on topic:

First Phase 3 clinical trial of a coronavirus vaccine in the United States begins

Let's hope for some positive results with minimal side effects.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                                The 'experts' didn't believe people would come out when the shops and bars re-opened due to fear, but anyone with any sense knows that people just want to live a normal life and they would come out in their droves.

You have zero idea of how people view masks in this country, and if you think the retail sector will not be massively hit then you are completely and utterly clueless.
                                Don't worry bronx.... I'll be following up with retails sales very closely in your neck of the woods. In the mean time, please think of those who are at risk and vulnerable and wear a mask. I know you said multiple times previously on here that you don't care and it's not your responsibility, but I know you're not THAT clueless...

Comment

Working...
                                X