Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corona virus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    But as of yesterday the the CDC no longer recommends 14 day quarantines for travelers or asymptomatic testing. It seems reasonable to think the CDC, if they believed Sturges to be a massive source for spread, would not be relaxing their recommendations within the 2-week window of the potential onset of illness and communicability.

    Maybe the numbers will grow, but the 2-week window has already started to close (Aug 7 - 16).
    I think it's way too early to believe we know what the numbers might be.....and who has been impacted overall. It seems to be newsworthy, as this forum is not the only place that's mentioning the concerns.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
      My dad has actually been hospitalized twice since he came down with it in the second week of July. I didn’t mention the last visit here because it was a little more distressing. He was admitted about a week ago with a fever of 104.4. Once again the infusion brought his fever down. He’s been out for 4 days now and is still doing good. I really hope their follow care with him is better this time and not just “let’s see what happens”.
      I'm glad he's doing better. Prayers continue.


      About Sturgis. That many people traveling across the country is going to be difficult to trace.
      Administrator
      sigpic

      #LupusAwareness

      #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

      "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

      Comment


      • Appears the Sturgis situation is trending wrong, with now over 100 infected by covid 19.

        https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...6aa?ri18n=true

        Benjamin Aaker, president of the South Dakota State Medical Association, said it’s almost impossible to track the true impact of the rally in spreading the virus.

        Many more unidentified positive cases likely exist for every confirmed positive, he told The Washington Post. Those unidentified positive individuals will likely proceed to infect others in their communities, but it’ll be impossible to trace the resulting community spread back to its ultimate source in Sturgis.

        According to an analysis of anonymous cell phone activity shared with The Associated Press by Camber Systems, which specializes in aggregating cell data for health researchers, 61% of all the counties in the U.S. have been visited by someone who attended Sturgis.


        With 103 cases identified, and the likelihood of 5 to 10 times more, possibly more (we will never know the depth of this situation), it is no wonder that 63% of the residents wanted the rally postponed.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Appears the Sturgis situation is trending wrong, with now over 100 infected by covid 19.

          https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...6aa?ri18n=true

          Benjamin Aaker, president of the South Dakota State Medical Association, said it’s almost impossible to track the true impact of the rally in spreading the virus.

          Many more unidentified positive cases likely exist for every confirmed positive, he told The Washington Post. Those unidentified positive individuals will likely proceed to infect others in their communities, but it’ll be impossible to trace the resulting community spread back to its ultimate source in Sturgis.

          According to an analysis of anonymous cell phone activity shared with The Associated Press by Camber Systems, which specializes in aggregating cell data for health researchers, 61% of all the counties in the U.S. have been visited by someone who attended Sturgis.


          With 103 cases identified, and the likelihood of 5 to 10 times more, possibly more (we will never know the depth of this situation), it is no wonder that 63% of the residents wanted the rally postponed.
          The Huffington Post forgot to care about this...so they can happily shove it.

          To infinity...and beyond.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rastic View Post
            Interesting. I expected a higher rate from the news. 0.015% is really low and, I think, is less than the current rate of infection (Rt) numbers https://www.statista.com/statistics/...e-us-by-state/. Maybe that indicates it's trending in the right direction.
            Happy we appear to be trending in the right direction. :thumb:
            To infinity...and beyond.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
              The Huffington Post forgot to care about this...so they can happily shove it.

              What has this got to do with Sturgis? I wouldn't know if The HPost covered the pic you posted or not. Maybe they have.

              I am just adding to the recent posts re: Sturgis.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                The Huffington Post forgot to care about this...so they can happily shove it.

                Pick and chose what is news.. totally agree...
                sigpic

                Comment


                • I think Sturgis was/is news in many, many media. Not because it's the worst situation, but because of the size of gathering and because the residents were not in favour, at this time. It's a really cool event normally. Just a tough year.
                  Last edited by CanDB; 08-26-2020, 09:21 PM.

                  Comment


                  • I guess we're flattening this curve whether it's real or not

                    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...g-experts-fear

                    Comment


                    • I still think some people believe that if you will the virus away, you can act like everything's normal, and not wear mask or social distance. I know for a fact that when I eat extra junk and will my body not to gain weight (as in fat) it never works. And what's worse, gaining a pound or two almost never impacts the health of others.
                      Last edited by CanDB; 08-28-2020, 09:27 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        I still think some people believe that if you will the virus away, you can act like everything's normal, and not wear mask or social distance. I know for a fact that when I eat extra junk and will my body not to gain weight (as in fat) it never works. And what's worse, gaining a pound or two almost never impacts the health of others.
                        Do not forget the people who have chosen to focus on established science on the immune system and you know....let a strong immune system do what it does...fight things off.

                        Dr Rhonda Patrick has explained how low levels of vitamin d will lead to the worst cases of Covid19. A new study suggests Vit B also plays a large role.

                        I think it is just too hard for people to think that proper nutrition, good sleep patterns, low stress and small amounts of exercise could be the difference between a asymptomatic/minimal symptom covid19 experience and a a trip to the ICU or worse.

                        Shoot if we just protected the Elderly Homes like we should have it seems we could have eliminated over 40% of the deaths.
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                          Do not forget the people who have chosen to focus on established science on the immune system and you know....let a strong immune system do what it does...fight things off.

                          Dr Rhonda Patrick has explained how low levels of vitamin d will lead to the worst cases of Covid19. A new study suggests Vit B also plays a large role.

                          I think it is just too hard for people to think that proper nutrition, good sleep patterns, low stress and small amounts of exercise could be the difference between a asymptomatic/minimal symptom covid19 experience and a a trip to the ICU or worse.

                          Shoot if we just protected the Elderly Homes like we should have it seems we could have eliminated over 40% of the deaths.
                          I certainly endorse the value of healthy living. But I am trying to make a point, particularly when I see people close together and not safe guarding. People who should know better.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            I still think some people believe that if you will the virus away, you can act like everything's normal, and not wear mask or social distance. I know for a fact that when I eat extra junk and will my body not to gain weight (as in fat) it never works. And what's worse, gaining a pound or two almost never impacts the health of others.
                            Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            I certainly endorse the value of healthy living. But I am trying to make a point, particularly when I see people close together and not safe guarding. People who should know better.
                            If the point you're trying to make is related to anything political from the last few days, don't bother making that point. Talk about Covid freely, stay away from political talk, even in vague mentions.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                              If the point you're trying to make is related to anything political from the last few days, don't bother making that point. Talk about Covid freely, stay away from political talk, even in vague mentions.
                              Thanks for that. I will add though, that not wearing masks and resistance to social distancing are a daily problem pretty much across the globe....based on my observations/research. Makes no sense to me how so many people are willing to risk themselves and others because they just feel like it.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                Thanks for that. I will add though, that not wearing masks and resistance to social distancing are a daily problem pretty much across the globe....based on my observations/research. Makes no sense to me how so many people are willing to risk themselves and others because they just feel like it.
                                Personally I think I do enough to fight off the Covid19. Even with that I am currently working with my primary care doctor and a nutritionist to do more to strengthen my immune system.

                                I only wear a mask and social distance because for some that is all they have to protect themselves from Covid19. If they see me without a mask that leads them to the thought process that I am taking away the only thing that will protect them from Covid19....I feel sorry for those people so I wear a mask.
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X