Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Personally I think I do enough to fight off the Covid19. Even with that I am currently working with my primary care doctor and a nutritionist to do more to strengthen my immune system.

I only wear a mask and social distance because for some that is all they have to protect themselves from Covid19. If they see me without a mask that leads them to the thought process that I am taking away the only thing that will protect them from Covid19....I feel sorry for those people so I wear a mask.
    I am glad you are doing what you can to keep yourself in good shape, and that you respect others.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      I am glad you are doing what you can to keep yourself in good shape, and that you respect others.
      Just keep in mind good shape does not mean healthy immune system.

That is imo why we see people considered physically fit, young and in the ICU with horrible Covid19 cases. They may pull through it but because their immune system struggled for one of many reasons they may have damage that may take a while to heal...if it does heal.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Just keep in mind good shape does not mean healthy immune system.

That is imo why we see people considered physically fit, young and in the ICU with horrible Covid19 cases. They may pull through it but because their immune system struggled for one of many reasons they may have damage that may take a while to heal...if it does heal.
        Yes....good immune shape.

Comment

• I’m a little skeptical of big pharma’s role in all of this. I don’t trust their influence over government.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Personally I think I do enough to fight off the Covid19. Even with that I am currently working with my primary care doctor and a nutritionist to do more to strengthen my immune system.

I only wear a mask and social distance because for some that is all they have to protect themselves from Covid19. If they see me without a mask that leads them to the thought process that I am taking away the only thing that will protect them from Covid19....I feel sorry for those people so I wear a mask.
            Thank you for wearing a mask, for whatever reason.

I do a lot (if not all?) the things you've mentioned in this thread about nutrition / immune system. I've done it for a long time, way before Covid-19, way before I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. Unfortunately, that doesn't prevent autoimmune diseases.

We just found out that our daughter was exposed to the virus 2 weeks ago. She got tested today so we'll find out in a few days. She hasn't had any symptoms and we're thinking that the contact with the person was minimal. We'll find out if all our personal precautions helped.
            Administrator
            sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• I wore a mask for the first time yesterday... Had to go into a Wal-Mart (work related)

I basically suffocated in it.

I wont be shopping at Wal-Mart again, as I am way too claustrophobic for those paper masks.

not at all worried about it either Other shopping option are out there. We have Canadian Tire! which, ironically, I have never bought tires from.
              sigpic

Comment

• I am interested to see how school goes. I was talking to a teacher who just retired last year, and ask what she would do if still working. She said this would have caused her to leave, even if she had planned to work a while longer. I think that will be the case for many teachers/assistants/other educational staff. It will likely lead to job openings, which is good. But losing a lot of experience in the process. Then again, I am sure a number of "not so close to retirement" educators will have second thoughts about their careers.

As long as we take this thing seriously, it will all work out. We evolve.

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                  I wore a mask for the first time yesterday... Had to go into a Wal-Mart (work related)

I wont be shopping at Wal-Mart again, as I am way too claustrophobic for those paper masks.

not at all worried about it either Other shopping option are out there. We have Canadian Tire! which, ironically, I have never bought tires from.
                  The last thing anyone should ever do is trust their car to the people at Canadian Tire. I'm sure there's one or two in the country that do really good work, but I have no idea where those two are located.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    I am interested to see how school goes. I was talking to a teacher who just retired last year, and ask what she would do if still working. She said this would have caused her to leave, even if she had planned to work a while longer. I think that will be the case for many teachers/assistants/other educational staff. It will likely lead to job openings, which is good. But losing a lot of experience in the process. Then again, I am sure a number of "not so close to retirement" educators will have second thoughts about their careers.

As long as we take this thing seriously, it will all work out. We evolve.
                    Not here. I was golfing today with a principal of one of the Calgary high schools, they had zero teachers decide to take leave due to this (he expected a few), and the other high school I'm close to hasn't had any teachers go on leave either.

I'm sure there are many teachers feeling a lot of different things, but at least here there aren't many teachers quitting or taking leave because of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                      Not here. I was golfing today with a principal of one of the Calgary high schools, they had zero teachers decide to take leave due to this (he expected a few), and the other high school I'm close to hasn't had any teachers go on leave either.

I'm sure there are many teachers feeling a lot of different things, but at least here there aren't many teachers quitting or taking leave because of it.
                      Good to know.

Comment

I wore a mask for the first time yesterday... Had to go into a Wal-Mart (work related)

I can sorta relate(I’m not claustrophobic though)

I often have to uncover my nose so I can breathe.

Can’t wait for things to get back to normal.
                        You Mad Bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                          I can sorta relate(I’m not claustrophobic though)

I often have to uncover my nose so I can breathe.

Can’t wait for things to get back to normal.
                          I'll admit...wearing a mask is not the best thing in the world, and sometimes I fog up my glasses a little (but I suspect that's because I am not wearing it correctly). Truth is though, initially I was a bit apprehensive, but now when I wear one I hardly notice the difference. And it's a good thing when I am not looking my best!

Comment

• We are slipping here where I live. Our numbers have risen to a level that is a bit concerning, given how good we have done for a good part of the summer. This tells me that we have lowered our guard, just enough to allow the virus to root a little and spread. Most of the infections are being tracked to specific incidents (and then passed on), but overall it is a little disappointing. Makes me appreciate how well we were doing.

Not a warning of any kind, but just try to keep safe while respecting others. This virus has real staying power.

Comment

Yeah, I don't wear one at my work, unless I'm in the shop with a customer who is wearing one. It's just way, way too hot for what I'm doing physically. I used to wear a mask when I ran outside in the winter, but this is a whole new level with the humidity.

Fun fact to all those with auto-immune diseases. If you're unaware of this already, my GI doctor told me that they're finding that biologics are actually reducing the level of immune reaction in the lungs with Covid patients. They think this may actually be beneficial for those who do not have any other underlying conditions. I don't think there are any studies yet to confirm it yet, but it's interesting considering that people initially though that people on biologics would have a harder time fighting off the virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                                The last thing anyone should ever do is trust their car to the people at Canadian Tire. I'm sure there's one or two in the country that do really good work, but I have no idea where those two are located.
                                Lol. Totally agree on that one,,,
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X